What are your thoughts on Obama's Speech?

Sorry to interrupt the Republican Caucus but the biggest mistake America made Randy Rogue, was the one they repeated for four more years.
Finally, it's here!

Sorry to interrupt the Republican Caucus but the biggest mistake America made Randy Rogue, was the one they repeated for four more years. Originally Posted by Htowner
Thank you...

Sorry to interrupt the Republican Caucus but ... Originally Posted by Htowner
As long as you keep repeating that mantra about "Republicans," 2010 and 2012 will be a repeat of Massachusetts ....

... in case you had not noticed in your blind rage from 8 years of ass whipping .... at the voting booths .... Mass. had about 13% Republicans as registered voters!

Buying into more of Obaminable's bs won't help this country!
Finally, it's here!

Originally Posted by Houston65

Priceless!

re: Republican caucus and "W", I could hardly agree with you more, except to consider who WOULD HAVE BEEN LOTFW had "W" not been elected: the man who invented the internet, and the gun boat running double talker.

My greatest complaint against "W" was that he gave away his presidency, TWO TERMS, to the hawks Cheney & Rumsfeld, ignoring Colin Powell and others who would have taken a more conservative approach. "W" gave away his power to those who used it without principle. He should have governed in DC like he did in Austin; bi-paprtisan, progressive. America could have been well served.

Not all of America's current problems originated with "W". The housing bubble actually began with Bill C., as he used the Fannie and Freddie bureaucracies to increase home ownership among minorities -- a noble thought except they had no jobs, no income (except welfare), and no assets. Congress bought into this plan and "W" failed to realize the failure and take steps to correct it.

"W" was not as smart as he thought he was, or else he did not have the balls to keep his subordinates in line (e.g. Scooter Libbey), refusing to discipline them for their crimes and misdemeanors.

bho and company are inept idealogues, unable to vett their candidates many of whom had major tax problems; and lack integrity, spouting populist rhetoric to gather a following, knowing they cannot deliver and that they will not be held accountable by the liberal media.

DRAFT COLIN POWELL FOR 2012.

Best regards,

randyrogue
Sorry to interrupt the Republican Caucus but the biggest mistake America made Randy Rogue, was the one they repeated for four more years. Originally Posted by Htowner
Huh? Reid and Pelosi have been re-elected more than four more years.

How'd that blowjob thing work out Htowner?

Same song, different board..., move on.

Same song, different board..., move on. Originally Posted by gnadfly
And here I though Ht was talking about FDR...
Priceless!

My greatest complaint against "W" was that he gave away his presidency, TWO TERMS, to the hawks Cheney & Rumsfeld, ignoring Colin Powell and others who would have taken a more conservative approach. "W" gave away his power to those who used it without principle. He should have governed in DC like he did in Austin; bi-paprtisan, progressive. America could have been well served.

DRAFT COLIN POWELL FOR 2012.

randyrogue Originally Posted by randyrogue
My greatest complaint against "BO" is that he is giving away his presidency, THIS TERM, to the likes of Pelosi and Reid, ignoring others who will take a more conservative approach. "BO" gives away his power to those who use it without principle. He should govern in DC as a bi-paprtisan, progressive. America will be well served.

Powell will say "no" ... he has said "no" ... and I take his word.

Perhaps he is too smart to be President.

Same song, different board..., move on. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Hmmm the blow job. Enlighten me .

Same song different board is working just fine for you apparently.

As for moving on, make me.

BTW, we were talking about Presidents. What do Pelosi and Reid have to do with it?

As for Obama I am not a Dem but did vote for him VS. Palin and McCain.
He inherited a recession that started in the middle of Bush's last term. He has been in the office barely a year and at least we didn't lose our banking and financial system and stock market is back over 10k. It is the first sign of things to come . Jobs are last. It has always been that way , it always will be.
You all didn't have much problem with a Repub president spending us from a surplus to a deficit. Yes he has tripled Bush's deficit. Did you want him to cut back and put us in a depression?
Dems will lose some to Repubs at mid term. Check your history. It always swings back. No shocker here.
Sure you know your former sig line about the blow job or are you selectively forgetting again?

Make you move on? Ha! LexusLover ripped you so much you finally bailed HPF.
The thread is about BHO's SOtU speech, stop hi jacking it.

Lexus, its been established, BHO doesn't understand political capital. He's frittered it away. The "highlight" of the speech was his attack on the SCOTUS. And he referenced Climate Change. Where are all those green jobs? Did he ever replace his czar that was shown to be a commie.

Right now HtOwner, I'd say we still have a good chance of a depression. Even BHO's own people say that this will be a double dip recession.
Sure you know your former sig line about the blow job or are you selectively forgetting again?

Make you move on? Ha! LexusLover ripped you so much you finally bailed HPF.
The thread is about BHO's SOtU speech, stop hi jacking it.

Lexus, its been established, BHO doesn't understand political capital. He's frittered it away. The "highlight" of the speech was his attack on the SCOTUS. And he referenced Climate Change. Where are all those green jobs? Did he ever replace his czar that was shown to be a commie.

Right now HtOwner, I'd say we still have a good chance of a depression. Even BHO's own people say that this will be a double dip recession. Originally Posted by gnadfly
LMFAO.

You two bailed out as soon as you saw Obama was winning.
LL fell off the face of the earth when election started to go Obama's way. So much for your accuracy and fact finding. I hope your politics are based on more reality than your 'selective memory''
Now I know what you are talking about , the sig line. Yes I am still behind that.
For those who don't know it said" can someone give him a blow job so we can impeach him'/. There, now everybody does know.
I was not hijacking. RR said something about Obama , the speech giver, was the biggest mistake this country made, or something to that effect and I simply said no it wasn't and went from there. It was an answer to a post about this subject matter.

I am not consistent about appearing in political discussions. I never claimed to be . I can only take so much head banging against broken records .
I don't think I have the stamina to get tangled with you or LL . Frankly bores me to no end and to no results. Nothing hears from either one of you I have not heard before. I may be the same way myself but show me something that makes sense and I will open my eyes and mind to it .
I do like to read what some others have to post here. It should be interesting since we are a lot more relaxed than the other site .

Back to Obama's speach. Apologize for a little baggage we have here.
Folks...we are lied to, mislead, and in deep shit, and without competent leadership. Grab your ass and hang on, because when the inflation and taxes roll in on top of the ever increasing erosion of the economy, cap and trade, and the global warming farce, they won't be able to print money fast enough to service the interest on their deficit. Blame it on Bush ? Blame yourselves. You voted for these incompetent cretins.
Wow sky wasnt falling for 8 years but certainly heading south after one year.
Where was this sense of urgency in 04?
Folks...we are lied to, mislead, and in deep shit, and without competent leadership. Grab your ass and hang on, because when the inflation and taxes roll in on top of the ever increasing erosion of the economy, cap and trade, and the global warming farce, they won't be able to print money fast enough to service the interest on their deficit. Blame it on Bush ? Blame yourselves. You voted for these incompetent cretins. Originally Posted by groggy2
Blame it on OURSELVES, not others.
We have not recruited competent leaders, we have castigated them with the 24/7 news cycle of trivial pursuits. THAT is why Gen. CP will not run, which is a shame, and a bit selfish I think, but understandable. If somehow someone he trusts could appeal to his patriotism sufficiently, perhaps . . . just perhaps . . .

He would not be 'breaking' his word by running. He would have reconsidered the nation's need . . . but his time may have passed. Certainly the bigger part of his legacy was tarnished by his defense in the UN of the Bush push for the Iraq war to oust Saddaam Hussein. Yet he distanced himself from that debacle. We need a warrior statesman like him, like IKE, like TR.

Given the current debt load (servicing the outstanding debt's interest payments), there is not enough money left in the economy to initiate significant domestic spending without a 'greenback' policy that would destroy our wealth with inflation. Remember the Carter years???

There is a dark road ahead with 8-10% unemployment slowly declining over the next 5 years minimum. Even with 5% annual growth in GDP, only about 100,000 new jobs a year will be created. And GDP is NOT likely to have a steady 5% annual growth.

rr
I was once on the CP bandwagon but his recent politics have me shying away. I don't think we will ever have that "warrior statesman" in the oval office again. Not a competant one anyway.

I agree that we all shoulder the blame. It's a shame that we don't remember our mistakes any better than we do. This is the 70's repeating itself in so many ways.

The biggest problem now is that government has injected itself into so many facets of our lives that government must solve the problems.

GDP is a joke! GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending +(exports - imports)
Which of those factors have actually increased? The only way to grow GDP in a healthy way is with the first two + a healthy dose of exports. How do we do that? Make products people want and can afford. How do we do that when the average wage in China is a fraction of our average wage and the Chinese Government is artificially controlling the value of it's currency in order to keep our debt level as high as possible?

It is going to take a policy of some kind that causes China to redirect it's resources to something other than industrial/economic growth. Something like SDI did to bring Russia to it's knees.