Bergdahlzi

Not to worry, Mojo ...

... They'll just dust off "the video" that caused the Ambassador-et al's deaths ...

... and announce .... "what difference does it make!"
Rule number 1 the United States isn't obligated to negotiate with the enemy. Bergdahl didn't commit any war crimes or acts of terrorism. He's just a dumb fuck who decided to take a walk one night. He's our guy and he deserved to be brought back home without conditions from the enemy. We should have Bull Shitted the Taliban to locate his whereabouts then gone in and get ugly and it didn't have to take five years. Instead Obama decided to morph into Monty Hall and play LETS MAKE A DEAL. All we really did was set the tone for a repeat performance of this same shit in the future.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Missed the part where the military said they knew where he was?
"Duuuuhhhhhh" ...

Does that apply to OBL in Eastern Afghanistan during Bush's administration?

You don't have to try to be stupid. It just comes natural for you.

Not to mention being the "gift" that just keeps on "giving"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You call me stupid? And then proceed to post a stupid post that removes any doubt as to who ate the stupid pill.

Do you mean where we went in the front door and OBL went out the back door?

Bush let the Afghanis guard the back door. There couldn't have been any Afghanis sympathetic to OBL could there? (Only one duh to a post and yes, it's coming)

Don't worry because it doesn't apply.

Why you ask?

Because one of the two was supposed to be killed or captured.

The other would need to be rescued, you know, alive.

That "alive" thing is much, much harder to accomplish or may not be possible at all.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh hhh
Yes, when we "leave" Afghanistan the US will leave 10K troops as a security force there for at least 2 years. During that time, these guys, who are high level Taliban leaders can plan for the capture and/or killing of American troops. Given that, there was no urgency to make a deal. Even Chris Matthews recognizes this.
That's right. These guys who were caught once are finally back to start the big plans. It never occurred to anybody while the Russian were there to capture and/or kill Russians. Or to do that to Americans while we were there. They've been out of the loop for over 10 years and while they don't come empty handed and without skills, they will never be what they were. Their command structure will pay lip service but who will give up authority or position willingly?
The slack jawed chair bound prick says there is no urgency to rescue a POW who has been in captivity for 5 years. Of course. It's not you.

This has everything to do with Obama.

You do realize (again I have to educate a member of the ARC) that the Pentagon pushed back on this deal in 2011? So Obama added 3 more years to this guys "hell."
So that's your reason for saying no urgency?
You are unhinged.

More irrelevant, disinformed ramblings of a lunatic. Are you trying to compete with Assup for most psycho poster?

Again, the Pentagon pushed back on this deal 3 years ago. Obama has let 5 Taliban commanders return to the battlefield instead of trying them for War Crimes or Crimes Against Humanity and executing them. Obama and Susan Rice tried to make Bergdahl out to be a hero. I don't believe they thought his squadmates were going to break their NDAs and blackball him.

More bad calculus on their part. Don't blame Obama's "enemies". Even the Dems are pissed. Originally Posted by gnadfly
We have differing opinions on how this is playing out. I'm not too happy with the way he did it but I feel no one should be left behind. Even if it's only 2 more years.

And that is what steams me the most. You're a mouth on a hooker board. You don't know shit about what POWs go through. Since Bergdahl hasn't said anything yet and the Taliban doesn't had out press releases on day to day life and only puts out propaganda, you speak with a complete lack of information on his "hell". Next you'll cite the Taliban as a reliable source of info.

Other people with more knowledge and more background disagree with your take on this. Get over it.
From Time magazine.

"Obama has broad authority under Article II of the U.S. Constitution to order the prisoner exchange as commander in chief of America’s armed forces."
"Jack Goldsmith, a Bush administration veteran of the battles between the executive branch and Congress over Commander-in-Chief powers in the war against terrorists, says Obama may have been acting legally. On the website Lawfare Tuesday he wrote, “If the statute impinged on an exclusive presidential power, the president properly disregarded it and did not violate it.”
Missed the part where the military said they knew where he was? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Well if they knew where he was what was stopping them from devising some well organized rescue mission to get him back. I know they had soldiers looking for him and about six were killed in the process, but I don't think that was a very organized mission. I just don't like the idea that we had to release five prisoners of terrorism for an innocent soldier.

Jim
Well if they knew where he was what was stopping them from devising some well organized rescue mission to get him back. I know they had soldiers looking for him and about six were killed in the process, but I don't think that was a very organized mission. I just don't like the idea that we had to release five prisoners of terrorism for an innocent soldier.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
If you missed that then you missed their explanation didn't you.
A few days before he left he sent his laptop, Kindle, journal and other items to a friend in the US. He had planned this desertion.

Also, he was also discharged from the US Coast Guard, a few years before joining the Army, after 28 for reported psych reasons.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/na...11f_story.html
Missed the part where the military said they knew where he was? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I know Eva.. its really tough to use GOOGLE to look something up. Why.. it took me all of 3 seconds to find this:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-ris/?page=all

"The Pentagon on several occasions had ground-level intelligence on where ArmySgt. Bowe Bergdahl was being held captive at various times — down to how many gunmen were guarding him — but special operations commanders repeatedly shelved rescue missions because they didn’t want to risk casualties for a man they believed to be a “deserter,” sources familiar with the mission plans said."

Much better to turn 5 terrorist lose instead of risking some highly trained special forces operators I guess. At least in Obama's Pentagon.
Bergdahl should have never been accepted into the Army

A few days before he left he sent his laptop, Kindle, journal and other items to a friend in the US. He had planned this desertion.

Also, he was also discharged from the US Coast Guard, a few years before joining the Army, after 28 for reported psych reasons.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/na...11f_story.html Originally Posted by gnadfly
+1

I know Eva.. its really tough to use GOOGLE to look something up. Why.. it took me all of 3 seconds to find this:

"The Pentagon on several occasions had ground-level intelligence on where ArmySgt. Bowe Bergdahl was being held captive at various times — down to how many gunmen were guarding him — but special operations commanders repeatedly shelved rescue missions because they didn’t want to risk casualties for a man they believed to be a “deserter,” sources familiar with the mission plans said."

Much better to turn 5 terrorist lose instead of risking some highly trained special forces operators I guess. At least in Obama's Pentagon. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
+1

http://legalinsurrection.com/tag/a-f-branco/ Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
+1

Much better to turn 5 terrorist lose instead of risking some highly trained special forces operators I guess. At least in Obama's Pentagon. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
I guess congratulations are in order pussy boy you found it. I will send a star for you to put on your refrigeration.
+1

+1

+1 Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Well put, Corpy! +1 THIS!

http://legalinsurrection.com/tag/a-f-branco/ Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

somehow the math doesn't add up here. another "brilliant" display of tactics by the Prez Nigtard. or a lack of.

You pipsqueaks are very reminiscent of the welcome home the Vietnam Vets received.

Like it or not the president did make a statement to out military that regardless of circumstances we will make every effort not to leave you behind . Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Actually they did leave him behind. Five years in captivity, and supposedly they were tracking his location, for the most part they knew where he was. What if we didn't have five terrorist to make the trade off? I think Bergdahl would still be in Taliban's custody. Five years, that's being left behind. This is just another one of Obama's stupid decisions. They should have gone in with a Delta Force or something and kick the shit out of Bergdahls rag head captors and brought this idiot home deserter or not.

Jim

Jim