The Best Advise I Ever Got Was...

"Question EVERYTHING" - saw on a card (which I then framed and have on my desk today)

"If it doesn't make sense, it's not true" - Judge Judy

Always,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
Consider yourself blessed you only had two sons, that means you only have to worry about how much trouble two dicks can create for you...with daughters you have to worry about every swinging dick out there!!!
  • hd
  • 03-10-2010, 02:37 PM
as a teenager I was always told to "get a lot while you're young" , so I bought property. as I've aged, I believe I misunderstood what was told me!
My best friends dad when we were in high school answered our inquiry of why we had a 12am curfew:

"If you haven't gotten any by midnight, you might as well come home becasue you don't want what is available after midnight."
Don't squat with your spurs on!
How about, "mind your own business". Given to me more times than I care to count until I finally got it and started listening.
In God we trust, all others bring data.
-Anon

Corollary:
Computer models generate predictions, NOT data.
-My Mentor
If it has wheels or tits, you're gonna have trouble with it.
If you want to E-A-T then you had better have a J-O-B! My dad upon graduation from high school.

Don't marry the first piece you get. - Dad

If your outgo exceeds your income, then your upkeep will be your downfall. - Dad
Learn to keep your mouth shut sometimes.
my *** Originally Posted by Nina A. Ross
OH you bitch, that was mine.
Do over......

Pay yourself first. For in the final analysis you're the only one that's worth it.

To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important. T'ealk

It is always the hero that pays the price... when seeking glory and honor, for they are never given.~Dad

If he was stock I'd sold him long ago. ~ Dad. But I've heard it before

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person, is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dad

There are only 2 rules for success.
1. Keep your word whenever you give it, whatever the cost, whatever the circumstances.
2. Never give it. ~Dad

Only a weak man blames others (circumstances or people) for his own actions.~ kayla

I'm not blaming you, I'm just making sure you understand your part of the situation. <-all kayla

Form the habit of taking action when your spirit is fresh. To let your dark moods lead you is like choosing cowards to command your army. ~ Charles Cooley

If it sounds too good to be true... baby, it is.

Despite what you learned in Sunday school, the answer to the question, "Am I my brother's keeper" should be an emphatic NO. I am my brothers brother.

I can think of no more string symbol of mans humanity to man than a fire engine. ~ Kurt Bonnegut

Do not mistake composure with ease.~Tuvok

9 men like you are worth an army.~ My boarding team leader to me after a particularly difficult boarding of a drug yacht. 1998

It is the quest for honor that makes one honorable. ~ star wars
"Either do, or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
Once you get by the smell, you got it licked - high school buddy on eating pussy
There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”

Oscar Wilde
Don't sweat the little stuff...

life is too short...live it up!