Texas and Mississippi to lift mask mandates and roll back Covid restrictions

• oeb11
  • 03-04-2021, 07:09 AM
GG - the DPST.ccp party has the answer -

They devastate the economy with Wuhan virus
Institute a marxist revolution and destroy representative democracy
And using AOC's Soylent Green New Deal - Hunger becomes the new norm for Americans

solving teh obesity problem and all teh associated medical issues you mention.
I get it. You’re peacocking again Winn Dixie, trying to attract that poontang Originally Posted by Tiny
Always ready to hand a mask to a lady for a "clean up"
  • Tiny
  • 03-04-2021, 07:16 AM
Tiny - the DPST/ccp totalitarians made masks a signal of 'Obedience' to their 'cancel culture' authority.

They continue to demand 'Obedience' to their ideology.

We have gone about this backwards from the beginning in teh response to Wuhan virus - should have protected the people at risk, and let everyone else choose their response
Instead of devastating the economy - with the underlying marxist motivation of revolution and destruction of representative democracy. Originally Posted by oeb11
Both sides have made it a symbol Oeb, and it’s bizarre. It’s a public health measure. Masks are a positive for the economy.

Again, I don’t see how Abbott’s mask mandate was an assault on liberties as I don’t know a single person who was fined for not wearing one. I know two people who died from Covid and a number who were very sick.
I don’t understand why this is a big deal, some kind of assault on American liberties. Originally Posted by Tiny
People don't like to be told what to do and I understand that. But there are a lot of people that need to be told what to do otherwise they are going to be reckless and this is not the time to be reckless because you don't want to wear a mask.

I don't agree with opening up this economy in Texas but I also have the luxury of working from home so my opinion would not be the same if I was a waiter or a bartender for example and unable to work and pay my bills. People can do what they want but just keep your ass away from me if you choose not to wear a mask because I'll continue to wear one and my family will as well whether they like it or not.
We outlaw drugs because of the adverse effect they have on the users.

Poor diet and lifestyle choices are usually learned by children from parents who make poor diet and lifestyle choices.

1.3 million people a year die in the US due to heart disease, diabetes, cancers related to metabolic dysfunction, and diabetes.

Why aren't those lives worth saving?

Or maybe this isn't about "saving lives", maybe it's about exerting control over people. Maybe its a money making scheme. Or maybe they just don't know what they're doing. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Again, apples and oranges. The lifestyle choices you mentioned that are chosen by others do not impact me. If you do drugs, drink heavily, smoke, are overweight, or do not exercise your health will be impacted, not mine. If you have a virus like the flu or Covid, your actions can impact my life.

I hope Abbott is right in his assessment of the situation. I want to go to live music venues again. I want establishments like restaurants and movie theaters open at full capacity. I want to feel 100% safe in a spin cycling class not wearing a mask. The majority of medical experts disagree with Abbott. Time will tell whether or not his decision was the correct one.

These Central Texas businesses still require masks

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lo...rm=READ%20MORE
Why arent ya'll screaming and kicking bout all the illegals bout to start crossing the border?
  • WTF
  • 03-04-2021, 07:23 AM
Both sides have made it a symbol Oeb, and it’s bizarre. It’s a public health measure. Masks are a positive for the economy.

Again, I don’t see how Abbott’s mask mandate was an assault on liberties as I don’t know a single person who was fined for not wearing one. I know two people who died from Covid and a number who were very sick. Originally Posted by Tiny
Exactly...I'm not sure why Abbott could not of both opened up more business and kept the mask mandate in place. Especially since the JnJ vaccine is so close ...

All I can think of is he is diverting attention from his power grid fuckup
Exactly...I'm not sure why Abbott could not of both opened up more business and kept the mask mandate in place. Especially since the JnJ vaccine is so close ...

Whats so hard to understand that people still can mask up or stay home. Businesses can still initiate their own rules!

All I can think of is he is diverting attention from his power grid fuckup Originally Posted by WTF
bullshit! Not anyones fault! Once in a lifetime event! Gawd man its like talking to a pc correct statue!
Why arent ya'll screaming and kicking bout all the illegals bout to start crossing the border? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Because:

Exactly...I'm not sure why Abbott could not of both opened up more business and kept the mask mandate in place. Originally Posted by WTF
Wheels was against a mask mandate from the beginning. I remember him trading barbs with Adler about it. And it's what I've failed to get people to understand from the beginning: It's a difference in mentality between what liberals and conservatives think the role of the government is.

Wheels thinks masks are a good idea, but thinks personal responsibility should rule the day.

Adler thinks because personal responsibility should rule the day, that it should be a law.

It's classic small government vs big government.
Why arent ya'll screaming and kicking bout all the illegals bout to start crossing the border? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Did illegals kill over 500,000 people in a year here in the states like Covid? If so, I definitely missed that on the news.
Did illegals kill over 500,000 people in a year? If so, I definitely missed that on the news. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
It would be a worthy investigation on how many they were responsible for! The latino population was always being reported as disproportionately affected by covid!
  • Tiny
  • 03-04-2021, 08:14 AM
Because:

Wheels was against a mask mandate from the beginning. I remember him trading barbs with Adler about it. And it's what I've failed to get people to understand from the beginning: It's a difference in mentality between what liberals and conservatives think the role of the government is.

Wheels thinks masks are a good idea, but thinks personal responsibility should rule the day.

Adler thinks because personal responsibility should rule the day, that it should be a law.

It's classic small government vs big government. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Big government/small government? liberal/conservative? That’s balderdash. Why don’t you take that passion and use it on something that really matters instead of a law that was never enforced. I don’t like slamming on my brakes every time my radar detector goes off. I don’t like paying parking fines. I do like getting plastered at titty bars and driving home. Uber sucks. How about doing something about those laws?
Did illegals kill over 500,000 people in a year here in the states like Covid? If so, I definitely missed that on the news. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
everyone knows the illegals didn't kill the 500,000, they do kill some that wouldn't have otherwise met their demise however, just not sure of the headcount, do you have a love one in that number? no? ok didn't effect you

it was the chinese with help from the who (not the band) and dr. fauci et al doing prior collegial tete-a-tete at the wuhan lab and many other ne'er-do-wells in gubmint who will never own up to it, who did the 500,000

and of course with some minor help from cuomo , pelosi and di blasio etc

and maybe with some self serving heavy counts, like counting people dying from lead poisoning (bullets) who posthumously were determined to also have had covid
I don’t like slamming on my brakes every time my radar detector goes off. I don’t like paying parking fines. I do like getting plastered at titty bars and driving home. Uber sucks. How about doing something about those laws? Originally Posted by Tiny
I don't like those either? I'm OK with repealing those.

The I think the parking thing is a bit more nuanced though. I wouldn't drop all of it, would have to look at the whole thing.
It would be a worthy investigation on how many they were responsible for! The latino population was always being reported as disproportionately affected by covid! Originally Posted by winn dixie
How exactly do you quantify that? Many Hispanics have service jobs and they are around people all day during this pandemic. Many earn low wages so they are stuck in a small living space together. It's quite the leap though to blame them for the problem.

Edit: Your argument would have more validity if you blamed all of those idiots at Trump's rallies standing shoulder to shoulder with one another while not even wearing a mask and not Hispanic immigrants because you don't like them even though they actually wear masks.