11 Officers Shot 3 Dead

Reading through this thread I see a few factors that are missing. First off anyone that has the done the math and when I say math taking in the fact that whites out number black dramatically, It is 5 times more likely for a unarmed black guy to get shot than a white.
Until we address the issue, Blacks have little to no recourse. Cops have played the manipulate the evidence game on several of the cases brought to the grand jury. People are sick of it. If you want to blame someone blame those that turn their heads.
On the other hand, I have several close friends that are cops. I have a relative that is a cop for Dallas that was there last night. Nobody knew if he was okay until 5 am this morning.
Why Dallas was the melting point I have no idea, there are far worse ares in America. Another fact is Cop deaths are trending lower in the last decade while black males are on the rise. Why do all the cameras keep "falling off" or turning off?
From my perspective I am concerned about All lives. WE do not any more avoidable deaths
There's no way you guys are actually this dense.

This situation is a direct action of the last two cop killings of black men.

Actually, not only the last two killings, but the pattern of unjustified, unconvicted killings of black men/kids.

This is what this is all about. But pretend not to know. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Speaking of being "dense", you'd have to be pretty damn "dense" to in ANY way justify the killing of innocent people who had NOTHING to do with the police shootings in other states. It was the "direct action" of a racist psychopath. Not some "higher cause" or some other bullshit. He stated that we was trying to kill white people. Not the white people who were involved in the shootings, just white people. Whatever reason he had in his deranged mind to commit murder doesn't change the fact that he killed innocent people.

I've seen you post some clueless things on here before, but I always thought you were at least somewhat rational. You are disgusting for even attempting to justify that worthless piece of shit's actions. I'm just glad he got his sorry-ass blown up for his troubles.
What's sad is that one of the victims was a newlywed. I can't imagine how she must feel right now.

Unfortunately, I have a very disturbing and unsettling feeling that this is only the beginning of a horrible stint of chaos and unrest for America. The fact that our Presidential candidates are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump only exacerbates the issue (not making this about politics). Hell, I would think one would have to be out of their rabid ass minds to "want" to be Commander-in-Chief now. Oh well, we will all probably be witnesses to the new "Dark Age" of America.
I've really been struggling today with something I read from my real world. And I'm so grateful to have the open dialogue that I have here with AA hobbyists that I would likely not have in my real life. If fact, I don't have the kind of dialogue with my AA friends that I have with AA hobbyists because I don't discuss heavier issues with them out of fear I may lose a friendship.

I read something written by a black mother I know well and respect very much. The problem is that I want to respond to her in support but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to without the risk of offending her because our perspectives on this are totally opposite. I'm afraid to offend her becuase I'm white and she's black and all the sudden that makes us from two different worlds even though we live in the same neighborhood and our sons are very close.

She has fears. Fears of being the mother of a Black male. Raising a Black male. Worrying if her Black son will end up in a situation someday with police and make an innocent mistake that costs him his life. I have fears too. I have my own set of fears that are unique to me and my life experience. I don't feel that our fears are any different except that she has a hashtag with which to identify her fears and a platform for her fears and now we can't talk about our fears because there's a huge divide between us now.

That upsets me and frustrates me. A lot. I didn't think we were so different. I didn't think of her as worlds apart from me. But I do now.

I feel very lucky to have met the AA men here that I have and had the types of conversations I've had about things that interest me that I could never ask my RW Black "friends". We live in a different world BCD than we do out there and that comforts me today as I sit here heeing and hoing over how best to support my friend.

Thank you to DK, FM and my special friend I saw a few weeks ago (you know who you are) for helping me try to see and understand your perspective as black men. I know there's no way I'll ever understand. I appreciate you saying that we all have unique challenges, DK. You have a great way of putting things.

I hope this isn't the start of something worse but I also feel that it might be. I pray it isn't.
There is a political forum.

leave the politics out of this conversation. Warning to all before this even happens. Originally Posted by NYr

And who will be the judge of the content of the posts? If you don't agree with it is political? Please. Totally unenforceable post and directive.
My prayers go out to the DPD they are not all bad and did not deserve this, And maybe now some of my family and friends know why i have a CHL and carry
Then we see what happens when cops let their guard down in Missouri. Probably saw the incidents in Minnesota and Louisiana and got soft. When you affect the way cops operate, it is dangerous to them.
All I have to say here is use your heads. Don't put yourself or anyone else in a position to get hurt. The police and everyone else are on edge. So if you have a CHL, my officer friends are saying don't go anywhere unless you go armed. Be mindful of your surroundings.
If you happen to get stopped, whether you are white or black....
Open your windows, turn on your inside light, and put your hands on the dash. Inform the officer you have a CHL. And follow instructions. It might save your life.
Speaking of being "dense", you'd have to be pretty damn "dense" to in ANY way justify the killing of innocent people who had NOTHING to do with the police shootings in other states. It was the "direct action" of a racist psychopath. Not some "higher cause" or some other bullshit. He stated that we was trying to kill white people. Not the white people who were involved in the shootings, just white people. Whatever reason he had in his deranged mind to commit murder doesn't change the fact that he killed innocent people.

I've seen you post some clueless things on here before, but I always thought you were at least somewhat rational. You are disgusting for even attempting to justify that worthless piece of shit's actions. I'm just glad he got his sorry-ass blown up for his troubles. Originally Posted by albundy
Oh, Al. You must be high on the toe jam funk from selling shoes all day.

The report on CNN per Dallas police chief is that the shooter did this BECAUSE of the last two cop shootings of black men. Words quoted from the actual shooter, by the police chief.

But, believe what you want. Whatever's convenient to suit your nonsensical argument.
are we calling this domestic terrorism and calling for banning a religion, closing the borders etc on account of this incident? or is it just standard excuses about historical grievances when the perps are black or bemoaning funding cuts for mental health facilities when the perps are white? just checking.
are we calling this domestic terrorism and calling for banning a religion, closing the borders etc on account of this incident? or is it just standard excuses about historical grievances when the perps are black or bemoaning funding cuts for mental health facilities when the perps are white? just checking. Originally Posted by darkwader
Whoa there buddy! You don't want NYR to get on your case for getting "all political" and shit. Seriously though, I think this equation = gun control propaganda.
Oh, Al. You must be high on the toe jam funk from selling shoes all day.

The report on CNN per Dallas police chief is that the shooter did this BECAUSE of the last two cop shootings of black men. Words quoted from the actual shooter, by the police chief.

But, believe what you want. Whatever's convenient to suit your nonsensical argument. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
So, this deranged racist murderer killed innocent people because some other (alleged) innocent people were killed by other people elsewhere? That's rational. Makes sense. I see now why you justify the scumbag's actions. Pftttt.....

From Reuters:
"A black U.S. military veteran of the Afghan war who said he wanted to "kill white people" acted alone in a sniper attack that killed five police officers during a Dallas protest decrying police shootings of black men, officials said on Friday."
I've really been struggling today with something I read from my real world. And I'm so grateful to have the open dialogue that I have here with AA hobbyists that I would likely not have in my real life. If fact, I don't have the kind of dialogue with my AA friends that I have with AA hobbyists because I don't discuss heavier issues with them out of fear I may lose a friendship.

I read something written by a black mother I know well and respect very much. The problem is that I want to respond to her in support but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to without the risk of offending her because our perspectives on this are totally opposite. I'm afraid to offend her becuase I'm white and she's black and all the sudden that makes us from two different worlds even though we live in the same neighborhood and our sons are very close.

She has fears. Fears of being the mother of a Black male. Raising a Black male. Worrying if her Black son will end up in a situation someday with police and make an innocent mistake that costs him his life. I have fears too. I have my own set of fears that are unique to me and my life experience. I don't feel that our fears are any different except that she has a hashtag with which to identify her fears and a platform for her fears and now we can't talk about our fears because there's a huge divide between us now.

That upsets me and frustrates me. A lot. I didn't think we were so different. I didn't think of her as worlds apart from me. But I do now. Originally Posted by THN
Have a black child & you'll learn REAL quick. Problem solved
I've really been struggling today with something I read from my real world. And I'm so grateful to have the open dialogue that I have here with AA hobbyists that I would likely not have in my real life. If fact, I don't have the kind of dialogue with my AA friends that I have with AA hobbyists because I don't discuss heavier issues with them out of fear I may lose a friendship. Originally Posted by THN
I'd be your friend Pookie

Seriously I'd hope someone you call a friend could handle a strong discussion, even one that's race based.

Talk at cha later babe