Which QB should the Texans Draft with the 1st Pick

OK quote me any news source that indicates any team is thinking of trading up. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Since you are an old poker player, the following should hit close to home:

Hold your cards close to your chest until you lay your cards on the table.

At this point in time, I would take any news report about this years draft with a grain of salt (and nothing more), unless it included actual quotes announcing a recently completed deal.

By the same token, I also take your bold proclamations that no team is willing to move up to the Number 1 pick in this years draft, with the same grain of salt.

Quite frankly, four months prior to this years draft, you don't know any more than the rest of us. It's all a speculation game and nothing more.
If the Texans use their #1, you can bet the Rams will get trade offers for their #2 pick.
If the Texans use their #1, you can bet the Rams will get trade offers for their #2 pick. Originally Posted by bambino
I would agree with Bamby, the Rams are in an enviable position with the #2 pick. Especially when you couple that with another pick at #13. Since the Rams don't need a QB, the absolute worst that can happen would be that the Rams will be in a position to draft the best offensive lineman in this years draft at #2 and another solid prospect 11 picks later.
Right now its just to early
Right now its just to early Originally Posted by jstone420
My sentiments exactly! A lot of water will pass under the bridge prior to the Texan's going on the clock!
Bill O'Brien says he likes his quarterbacks to be "redwoods." Not good for 6"1" Keenum, Bridgewater is 6'2", JFF is a midget for a QB at 6'0". Bortles looks like his guy at 6'4", but could we trade down and still get him?

They still have the combine to go, and for all anyone knows, McNair and O'Brien are blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

I'd take Clowney, then if Bortles is off the board by the time we get our second pick, take someone like Mettenberger or Logan Thomas in a later round to compete with Keenum for the job (and hope he turns into another Brady or Russell Wilson).

But I'd also tell the media I was planning on doing something different.

But I'd also tell the media I was planning on doing something different. Originally Posted by skajules
Once again, my sentiments exactly
Bob McNair is not that smart
Bob McNair is not that smart Originally Posted by BigLouie
And BigLouie is?
And BigLouie is? Originally Posted by bigtex
Nope
Well, looks like I am gonna bat 750 on my 4 picks to win NFL playoffs this weekend: I picked Saints, Colts and Panthers to prevail and if Denver should lose, my average will jump to 1000, negatively speaking!
I know they won't take him, but I just think that Manzell is the real deal. He can change the direction of a game at any time.
I thought the sarcasm was self evident........I need to work on that. Originally Posted by dearhunter
It was just dredging up uncomfortable memories of those fans 2-3 years ago who kept clamoring for Vick and Vince Young to come here. We don't need to hear that shit ever again.

I am watching the game and I don't see Brees and Wilson doing any that Johhny can't do Originally Posted by BigLouie
I do: finish the game on their feet and win.

OK quote me any news source that indicates any team is thinking of trading up. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Don't forget the genius GM of North Texas still has a big say so in his franchise's draft. I do agree with JaD that the Texans have not shown the ability to trade down from their previous number one overall picks. I do agree with you that the Texans owner isn't that bright. I don't think the GM is overwhelming anyone either.
When was the last time a team traded out of the #1 spot? Here's a complete list

1. 2004 Chargers and Giants so Giants could get Manning and the Chargers took Rivers.
2. 2001 Chargers and Atlanta so Atlanta could take Vick

Any others? I don't think so. And there is no one in the draft with the talent of Vick, Manning or Rivers which is why I don't think anyone waste picks to move up. It's all about value in the NFL draft and there just is not enough value for multiple picks.
Off the top of my head the Michael Vick trade by ATL and SD.

I'm not saying its going to happen, nor is it likely. Desirable and "blue sky"? Yes. "Pipe dream?" Yes. There's always hope.
And Jerry Jones.

BTW. You think ATL would rather have LT than Vick 12 years later? Its about "perceived" value. It only takes two GMs.

More edits: Don't forget about John Elway.
More edits: Jim Everett was the #3 overall

You just can't stand that I'm agreeing with you BL.