Tipping

I was in California recently. I ate at this very nice restaurant, and the waitress was very busy but she found the time to come to our table more than once and always greeted us with a friendly gesture and always was polite and asked us if we needed anything else. She took time to listen before she walked off to attend other tables.

I made sure to give her a very generous tip when I paid my bill because she was a very nice waitress.

In California things cost more, so I made sure she was well compensated because my meal was pricier than here in NOLA...lol

M.M.
I made sure to give her a very generous tip when I paid my bill because she was a very nice waitress. Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson

"So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy.
A man is not very tired, he is exhausted.
Don’t use very sad, use morose...
"

- N.H. Kleinbaum

If you call in an order for a “to go” order do you tip the staff? Could be car side pick up (Carrabbas)or you may actually have to go into the restaurant to get the order,would you tip? How much?
I usually do about 10% on services that don't require constant attention like dining in house. Or a few bucks.
Few bucks. . But very thoughtful cause they still have to claim it on their taxes. ( everyone uses cards now) thats why NOBODY wants that shift..
But we used to take turns ..ecen back then..
We got tipped out by everyone ..bartender. host..wait..