Behold! Cliven Bundy and "the Negro"

That was Richard Mack's answer and you are backing him. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
No, I asked two legitimate questions which you even acknowledged by quoting them then you came up with some attempt at, I suppose,deflecting the question, and rather than giving a legitimate answer you resort to name calling. That's fine, It gives me a better idea of the intellect of those I am conversing with.

Secondly,
You couldn't possibly know whether I support Richard Mack or the tactic of moving women and children to the front of the line. I've made no reference to any of that in any of these discussions as I believe those issues are tangential to the real issue of States Rights and Federal Government over reach.
Riiight he prob forgot his binoculars and just wanted to get a look . Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Then he should have stayed at home. You are talking the "U.S. finest," right?
the real issue of States Rights and Federal Government over reach. Originally Posted by boardman
It is my understanding that Bundy had no problem paying the State.
It is my understanding that Bundy had no problem paying the State. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I believe that is correct.
  • WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 01:56 PM
They are if you believe in States Rights and diffusion of Federal Authority over the states in protection of individual liberty. Originally Posted by boardman
What individual liberty are you talking about? That State right bullshit is just figuring out who gets your balls , the State or the Feds. Try and spin that how ever you want but convincing me that the State is going to give me more freedom than the Feds is like trying to convince me that it is better to be killed by a Lion than a Tiger.

• WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 01:58 PM
The Bundy Ranch protesters were model citizens !!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Model citizens...they wanted the Feds to shoot the women and children first!

WTF?

Sounds like a bunch of political chicken shit pussies if you ask me.

• WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Well dude that would be theft, and the owner of the steak house would be charged with that crime. .

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Not according to Bundy...that property is ours and we should be able to graze on it or kill any cattle on it and eat like hogs!

I'm starting to like this Bundy guy....Fuck the rule of law. The strong take from the weak and laws be damned!

• WTF
  • 04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
It is my understanding that Bundy had no problem paying the State. Originally Posted by LexusLover

I believe that is correct. Originally Posted by boardman
How about I graze cattle on your land and pay somebody else the grazing fee.

Does that make sense to you?

You folks are sounding like you're one rental truck away from being Tim McViegh.

• Doove
  • 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Just because you have property next to the Federal government does not mean you can then freeload off it. Originally Posted by WTF
Stealing from the government is fine (at least when there's a Democrat in office). It's only when the government provides people with stuff do they look down on those receiving the benefits.

For some reason you think (and apparently a lot of others) that the "government" owns anything ... the TAXPAYERS and NONTAXPAYING CITIZENS own the Government. Originally Posted by LexusLover
So what you're saying is he's stealing from me. And this is why i shouldn't be pissed at the guy? Seriously?

No wonder people can't afford beef! Unless they are on food stamps!
See my first comment above.

You guys laugh at us for defending Obama from your lies and half-truths, and then you go and defend this guy.
  • CJ7
  • 04-25-2014, 02:18 PM
crazy ass rightwingers
So what you're saying is he's stealing from me. And this is why i shouldn't be pissed at the guy? Seriously? Originally Posted by Doove
No, I didn't say that.

You cannot steal community property from your wife.
crazy ass rightwingers Originally Posted by CJ7
Not as crazy as the leftwingers in charge(so to speak) ....

.. who want to shoot U.S. citizens to protect tortoises in a desert.

Do they eat grass, by the way?
  • CJ7
  • 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM
No, I didn't say that.

You cannot steal community property from your wife. Originally Posted by LexusLover

you're married to Bundy?

cowboy UP !!!

• CJ7
  • 04-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Not as crazy as the leftwingers in charge(so to speak) ....

.. who want to shoot U.S. citizens to protect tortoises in a desert.

Do they eat grass, by the way? Originally Posted by LexusLover

who want to shoot U.S. citizens to protect tortoises in a desert.

Do they eat grass, by the way?[/QUOTE]

like I said, crazy ass rightwingers
What individual liberty are you talking about? That State right bullshit is just figuring out who gets your balls , the State or the Feds. Try and spin that how ever you want but convincing me that the State is going to give me more freedom than the Feds is like trying to convince me that it is better to be killed by a Lion than a Tiger.

Originally Posted by WTF
Individual liberty that our founders were concerned with when drafting the Constitution. The fact that we have lost those liberties, for the most part, does not take away from the fact that some of us still believe we are entitled to them.

No one is going to get my balls without a fight but this is how the progressive movement erodes an argument. You make the case that I have already given up the liberties to which I am entitled so therefor I no longer have claim to them nor should I even be willing to fight for them.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! — I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry, 1775

Taking the stance that you are in a position of making a choice of having your balls cut off by the State or the Feds means that you have already submitted to both without a fight. Even worse is that you are claiming that all states are the same. That whatever state we live in we are bound to be subject to the same type of tyranny as the Federal Government is capable of. I believe that the majority of people in Colorado and Washington would disagree with you. I believe that the majority of people in Maine and Maryland would disagree as well. In Texas we have certain rights that citizens of some other states don't and vice versa but it is at least at a state level where it is highly more likely that I can have an influence on the decisions.

Perhaps you are familiar with the phrase "Laboratories of Democracy" popularized by SCOTUS Justice Louis Brandeis. It refers to the notion that outside the few, and very strict, confinements of the Constitution a "state may, if its citizens choose, serve as a laboratory; and try novel social and economic experiments without risk to the rest of the country."