Liberal group attacks senators wife with racial slurs

John F. Kennedy, recognizing the need to place himself on the correct side of the cilvil rights question, ... Originally Posted by dante0322
Factually, JFK was initially opposed to "leading" any effort to pass "civil rights" legislation out of the fear of alienating the Southern vote... i.e. the Southern Democrats. The decision was political not philosophical. Part of the "deal" LBJ finally brokered to appease the Southerners (post JFK) was to provide for concurrent state-federal jurisdiction over civil rights litigation, so that civil rights lawsuits could be filed in state courts. It was a way of giving an appearance of local influence. LBJ ("the mechanic") cut deals to get the votes in Congress. It is rewriting history to spin the effort as championing rights for anyone.

By today's standards JFK and LBJ were conservatives.
LBJ also had to rely on the GOP to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The majority of the democrats opposed the legislation and some filibustered it. Some famous people; Albert Gore Sr., J. William Fulbright, and Robert Byrd to name a few. There is a persistent story that LBJ put a bunch of democrats on Air Force One and told them point blank that if they voted for civil rights the n**** would be voting for democrats for the next 200 years. LBJ also usurped states rights by putting some states in a special category (that is being challenged today) that they could not change any voting laws without permission from the federal government. Right.... LBJ was a conservative. It was about votes and not rights.
So it's "racism" for people to brand Obaminable untrustworthy because ...

....... he was born in Hawaii? Or attended a Muslim school as a child?

Or someone was born in Germany and it's "racism" because someone thinks they might be partial to Germany?

Making an "issue" about what was said has future unfortunate consequences ... as the saying goes: the shoe is on the other foot soon enough. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You've obviously had your head buried deep in the sand for the last four years, LL. The hue and cry from the libertard left defending Odumbo for his every shortcoming has essentially been, "You're a racist for criticizing Odumbo."

Noticed how you skipped right over FDR's racist Executive Order 9066 locking up the Japanese during WWII for "potential" untrustworthiness and/or disloyalty: exactly the same racist insinuations leveled at Chao by Progress Kentucky. And you're ignoring this country's overt historically racist policies directed against the Chinese, e.g., the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 which was not repealed until 1943.

Answer this question, LL, was the internment of the Issei, Nisei and Sansei during WWII a racist policy? Before you answer, suggest you read: Roger Daniels', Prisoners Without Trial: Japanese Americans in World War II.
You've obviously had your head buried deep in the sand for the last four years, LL..................... Before you answer, suggest you read: Roger Daniels', Prisoners Without Trial: Japanese Americans in World War II. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I can't wait to read LL's response!

It's gonna be fun!
I can't wait to read LL's response!

It's gonna be fun! Originally Posted by bigtex
On one level, which is relevant to the op, all this "racism" crap about suggesting disloyalty on the part of a woman from China (THE Republic of China) ASSUMES that the comments were directed at her "ethnicity" rather than her "nationality."

On another level (a lower one) to compare the off the cuff remarks about the Senator's wife to banishing persons with oriental ethnicities to encampments during wars with their "home lands" is ... well ... not relevant to the op or my comments.

Although I am incapable of deciphering FDR's thoughts when he approved the activities (or those who uttered and/or published the remarks about the Senator's wife), I have reason to believe that the focus was not so much on the "race" or "ethnicity" but on the nationality from where they came as it might relate to the connections they may have or thought to have as it might impact on the policy decisions (or intelligence gathering as in the case of war time) being discussed, formulated, and implemented by the administration....or Congress.

But of course that may be just me and my preference to look at the less offensive possibilities when I hear or see folks whining about "racists" and "racial slurs"!

Seems to be a past-time these days .. to what end varies.

Obaminable's "background" is relevant, not his "race"! Same for Chao.
On one level, which is relevant to the op, all this "racism" crap about suggesting disloyalty on the part of a woman from China (THE Republic of China) ASSUMES that the comments were directed at her "ethnicity" rather than her "nationality."

On another level (a lower one) to compare the off the cuff remarks about the Senator's wife to banishing persons with oriental ethnicities to encampments during wars with their "home lands" is ... well ... not relevant to the op or my comments.

Although I am incapable of deciphering FDR's thoughts when he approved the activities (or those who uttered and/or published the remarks about the Senator's wife), I have reason to believe that the focus was not so much on the "race" or "ethnicity" but on the nationality from where they came as it might relate to the connections they may have or thought to have as it might impact on the policy decisions (or intelligence gathering as in the case of war time) being discussed, formulated, and implemented by the administration....or Congress.

But of course that may be just me and my preference to look at the less offensive possibilities when I hear or see folks whining about "racists" and "racial slurs"!

Seems to be a past-time these days .. to what end varies.

Obaminable's "background" is relevant, not his "race"! Same for Chao. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Perhaps you failed to notice that FDR did not round up and intern Germans and Italians, but he did do so with the Japanese. The U.S. did proscribe Chinese immigration but not German. BTW, Chao's nationality is "United States"; not "Chinese". You are a chorus for the racism espoused by Progress Kentucky, LL.
IBS, you miss the boat again. FDR did not inter other Asian AMERICANS, though racially they are the same.

though I am ashamed for the US's behavior I, too, understand it. But It was a NATIONALITY that was perceived to be a threat and not a RACE. Or citizenship.

And I guess were all a little too frothy over this heinous attack anyway. You can REALLY fuck someone up with a tweet! But at least Barleyswine has now moved Ashley Judd ahead of the democrats in his posts. Soon, it'll be an attack on Judd only. (Never mind that most of those folks in Kentucky are lying through their tooth!)

I suppose what comes next is the name calling.
IBS, you miss the boat again. FDR did not inter other Asian AMERICANS, though racially they are the same.

though I am ashamed for the US's behavior I, too, understand it. But It was a NATIONALITY that was perceived to be a threat and not a RACE. Or citizenship.

And I guess were all a little too frothy over this heinous attack anyway. You can REALLY fuck someone up with a tweet! But at least Barleyswine has now moved Ashley Judd ahead of the democrats in his posts. Soon, it'll be an attack on Judd only. (Never mind that most of those folks in Kentucky are lying through their tooth!)

I suppose what comes next is the name calling. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Missed nothing, you turd-tongued piece of animated shit. FDR -- fighting a "Europe first war" -- carte blanche interned U.S. citizens of Japanese decent, but not U.S. citizens of German and Italian decent; that's overt racism based on skin color, you golem jackass. A cursory search of the internet will provide article after article categorizing Japanese internment during WWII as elemental "racism".

'[T]he causes for this unprecedented action [Japanese internment] in American history, according to the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians, "were motivated largely by racial prejudice, wartime hysteria, and a failure of political leadership."' http://www.pbs.org/childofcamp/history/index.html

"Several concerns over the loyalty of ethnic Japanese seemed to stem from racial prejudice rather than evidence of actual malfeasance."

'There is evidence supporting the argument that the measures were racially motivated, rather than a military necessity. For example, orphaned infants with "one drop of Japanese blood" (as explained in a letter by one official) were included in the program.'

"A viper is nonetheless a viper wherever the egg is hatched.... So, a Japanese American born of Japanese parents, nurtured upon Japanese traditions, living in a transplanted Japanese atmosphere... notwithstanding his nominal brand of accidental citizenship almost inevitably and with the rarest exceptions grows up to be a Japanese, and not an American.... Thus, while it might cause injustice to a few to treat them all as potential enemies, I cannot escape the conclusion... that such treatment... should be accorded to each and all of them while we are at war with their race." Los Angeles Times editorial.

"A report by General DeWitt and Colonel Bendetsen depicting racist bias against Japanese Americans was circulated and then hastily redacted in 1943–1944. The report stated flatly that, because of their race, it was impossible to determine the loyalty of Japanese Americans, thus necessitating internment."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...can_internment
  • WTF
  • 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
A Korean couple was living in South Africa. The Korean lady was pregnant and after 9 months, she gave birth to a baby boy. The boy turned out to be black. The Korean man named his black boy ''sum tin wong
Since it has been brought up, how many of you are aware of the racist policy of 1937 when hundreds of thousands of hispanic people were deported to Mexico by the Roosevelt administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

More overt, democratic racism. Many of those "Mexicans" were born in the United States and other countries besides Mexico. I guess that is what happens when you group everyone into one group by appearance; like Chinese people.
FDR -- fighting a "Europe first war" -- Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Really? When did FDR begin his "fighting a "Europe first war" ?
Missed nothing, you turd-tongued piece of animated shit. FDR -- fighting a "Europe first war" -- carte blanche interned U.S. citizens of Japanese decent, but not U.S. citizens of German and Italian decent; that's overt racism based on skin color, you golem jackass. A cursory search of the internet will provide article after article categorizing Japanese internment during WWII as elemental "racism". Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I ended my post with "I suppose what comes next is the name calling."

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Doesn't take much to trigger your Tourette's, does it, IBS!

And no, you're still wrong. There is a distinct difference between race and nationality. Ask Ted Cruz, who can't buy a Mexican-American vote in Texas. That you fail to see it only reinforces either your lack of education or upbringing. Maybe both.

What's Japanese for Golem?
Really? When did FDR begin his "fighting a "Europe first war" ? Originally Posted by LexusLover
For your edification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_first

I ended my post with "I suppose what comes next is the name calling."

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Doesn't take much to trigger your Tourette's, does it, IBS!

And no, you're still wrong. There is a distinct difference between race and nationality. Ask Ted Cruz, who can't buy a Mexican-American vote in Texas. That you fail to see it only reinforces either your lack of education or upbringing. Maybe both.

What's Japanese for Golem? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Doesn't take much to animate your turd-tongued replies, does it, you dumb-ass golem fuck? It's obvious you are too ignorant to use a computer, you animated piece of piss and shit.
A simple search of the internet will provide article after article categorizing Japanese internment during WWII as elemental "racism".

'[T]he causes for this unprecedented action [Japanese internment] in American history, according to the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians, "were motivated largely by racial prejudice, wartime hysteria, and a failure of political leadership."' http://www.pbs.org/childofcamp/history/index.html

"Several concerns over the loyalty of ethnic Japanese seemed to stem from racial prejudice rather than evidence of actual malfeasance."

'There is evidence supporting the argument that the measures were racially motivated, rather than a military necessity. For example, orphaned infants with "one drop of Japanese blood" (as explained in a letter by one official) were included in the program.'

"A viper is nonetheless a viper wherever the egg is hatched.... So, a Japanese American born of Japanese parents, nurtured upon Japanese traditions, living in a transplanted Japanese atmosphere... notwithstanding his nominal brand of accidental citizenship almost inevitably and with the rarest exceptions grows up to be a Japanese, and not an American.... Thus, while it might cause injustice to a few to treat them all as potential enemies, I cannot escape the conclusion... that such treatment... should be accorded to each and all of them while we are at war with their race." Los Angeles Times editorial.

"A report by General DeWitt and Colonel Bendetsen depicting racist bias against Japanese Americans was circulated and then hastily redacted in 1943–1944. The report stated flatly that, because of their race, it was impossible to determine the loyalty of Japanese Americans, thus necessitating internment."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment
Blather all you want, vulgarian.

A simple Internet search (Do you know any other kind) will reveal that racially, Asians are fundamentally the same ... Mongoloid. Ethnically and nationally they vary greatly.

Therefore Japanese American interment was based on national descent. Otherwise Chinese. Koreans, Mongolians, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Tibetans, etc., in America would have rounded up. Kinda like The Nazis did with their hair and eye charts.

Once again, you're wrong, but would prefer to hysterically shriek filthy and ethnically based epithets at me than debate like a grown up.

It wouldn't be the first time. This week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoloid

PS -- you quoted Wikipedia. I quoted Wikipedia. Who's wrong?
Now believe it at night at one time in history Dems were more likely to be racist- but in 2013- it's a no brainer that you "usually" will find those who are racist and anti-day tend to be republican. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Ok, so then why the big switch?