Please Don’t Thank Me for My Service

Everyone knows that adding, 'well I'm sorry you feel that way' is a nice way of saying fuck you and what you think. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Not necessarily. Have a blessed day.
Not necessarily. Have a blessed day. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Well, at least we KNOW that's what UC "thinks" when he says it!!!!!

And apparently, he, like WTF and BT, "think" everyone is like them.

If WTF is a racist, then he "thinks" everyone else is, and since BT is an idiot, he "thinks" everyone else is an idiot. Then they can feel better about themselves.
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Glad you asked .... "why WTF posted the article" ....

I posted it because I saw it on the front page of my web browser and thought of you.

... Like his struggle with his own racism for some sick and distorted "reasoning" he FEELS better about his defective condition when he can accuse others of having the same "affliction" and, like you calling others an "IDIOT," he gains some comfort in pointing out others are the same, even if they are not.

Except the facts show differently, I posted a article showing that we all are racist ageist and sexist. You keep lying about what I posted. I could point out that we are all idiots on many many subjects as we all prove again and again. You just prove to be a liar about being an idiot, racist, ageist and sexist.
Basically wtf you are saying is that you are perfect. Not an idiot on any subject matter. Not the least bit racist , ageist or sexist.

If he FEELS his expressing a "thank you" to a servicmember is shallow and meaningless, I feel that to actually help a service member one should vote for politicians that have policies that help servicemembers. Unlike you , I do not vote for folks that send folks to war on false pretenses for perpetuity. I have no guilt to relieve like you and others do. So by all means go up to soldiers you voted to send off to war and underfund their return to society and make a fool of yourself. I do not feel that need. because he doesn't have any idea how THEY FEEL, then perhaps he should refrain from doing so without faulting others based on groundless assumptions ......It was not groundless assumption. It was a factual article. You are lying yet again. although I can candidly say to him that he ought not FEEL bad about himself because "he doesn't have any idea how THEY FEEL." He shouldn't FEEL guilty about it, but he also shouldn't try to make himself FEEL BETTER by trying to drag others to his level AS HE PERCEIVES his LEVEL. I do not feel guilty. So you are lying yet again. I did not ask them to serve or to go off to war. You chickenhawks and others have. I doubt you feel guilty as you are more worried about you SS than their health.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept of "projection" as a form of "justification," or, in WT'F's case and yours, a feeble attempt to refocus the public's attention away from your own shortcomings by fabricating bullshit about others ....... YOUR MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE IS GETTING FAMOUS FOR IT! Originally Posted by LexusLover
So you are projecting towards others as a defense mechanism towards their fact based argument about you. Many would call you a liar but some would not because they think if an idiot belies the lies he is telling, he is not a liar. I believe an idiot that continues to tell lies after having been told the facts is indeed a liar.
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 07:09 AM
Not necessarily. Have a blessed day. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I'm sorry you and LexusLiar feel that way gnadfly, you fucking racist, sexist, ageist, idiots

I think people are being oversensitive.
Are there people who feel like the "thank you" is hollow? Obviously from the article.
Are there people who would give a hollow "thank you"? It certainly sounds that way.

I don't believe either of those are in the majority.

Too many people look for reasons to feel insulted, or disrespected.
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 09:51 AM
I think people are being oversensitive.
Are there people who feel like the "thank you" is hollow? Obviously from the article.
Are there people who would give a hollow "thank you"? It certainly sounds that way.

I don't believe either of those are in the majority.

Too many people look for reasons to feel insulted, or disrespected. Originally Posted by boardman
The article is more about what actions have you done to thank Veterans than mere words.

I do believe that the majority of people give lip service to Veterans and no viable action.

But if you think lip service is all that is needed or wanted by the majority of Vets, I'll not argue with you. I do not agree but you are entitled to your opinion. I'm sorry you feel that way.
But if you think lip service is all that is needed or wanted by the majority of Vets, I'll not argue with you. I do not agree but you are entitled to your opinion. I'm sorry you feel that way. Originally Posted by WTF
Is that really what you took away from my statement?
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Is that really what you took away from my statement? Originally Posted by boardman
I'm sorry you feel that way boardman.
I'm sorry you feel that way boardman. Originally Posted by WTF
Again, you can answer a simple question.
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Again, you can answer a simple question. Originally Posted by boardman
Of course I can.

I took away from your post that you did not understand my prior post (s) on this subject matter. Intentional , I thought, so I'm making my point by replying in LexusLover condescending " Sorry you feel that way " mode.
We believe that people are like us, that they see the world through the same colored glasses as we do. So when you say you believe that most people give lip service that very well could be you projecting your personality onto the rest of us.

I once worked for a guy who trusted no one, customers, vendors, not any of his employees, not his boss, hell, not even his wife. Didn't take me long to figure out that it was because he was untrustworthy himself and he projected that onto everyone around him. He was a miserable person, miserable to work for and apparently miserable to live with. His wife of only a couple years left him shortly after I went to work for him.

I happen to believe that most Americans are thankful for the service and sacrifice our service men and women are committed to. Obviously you don't, what makes you right and me wrong?
  • WTF
  • 02-24-2015, 02:37 PM

I happen to believe that most Americans are thankful for the service and sacrifice our service men and women are committed to. Obviously you don't, what makes you right and me wrong? Originally Posted by boardman
Two different subjects.You can be thankful that your trash is hauled away.

Then vote to cut garbage collectors salary and benefits...While giving yourself a raise if you were say a mayor.

So thanking to poor sob for taking away your garbage with lip service is one thing. Paying the man proper respect out of your pocket book or ordering him off to war on faulty intelligence is something entirely different.

So yes I do believe that most are happy to eat cheap fruit and are thankful cheap Mexican labor provides it....but are they thankful enough to pay more?

Raising that fact may not make me popular with some and I sure do not think it will help them see through my rose colored glasses that John Connally sung about.
creeeeeeeeeeekkkkk

WTF, the moronic buffoon, real reason for posting the thread finally comes out as his tiny, rusty toolbox opens. Soon to be posted: how the Social Security surplus was spent!

Correction, WTF the pathetic moronic buffoon.

BTW, your OP had little to do with "compensation."

Have a blessed day!
Two different subjects.You can be thankful that your trash is hauled away.

Then vote to cut garbage collectors salary and benefits...While giving yourself a raise if you were say a mayor.

So thanking to poor sob for taking away your garbage with lip service is one thing. Paying the man proper respect out of your pocket book or ordering him off to war on faulty intelligence is something entirely different.

So yes I do believe that most are happy to eat cheap fruit and are thankful cheap Mexican labor provides it....but are they thankful enough to pay more?

Raising that fact may not make me popular with some and I sure do not think it will help them see through my rose colored glasses that John Connally sung about. Originally Posted by WTF
What the fuck are you talking about?

Faulty intelligence, Cheap fruit, Mexican labor, John Connally?

WTF does any of that have to do with being sincere when expressing appreciation to a soldier?
We believe that people are like us, that they see the world through the same colored glasses as we do. So when you say you believe that most people give lip service that very well could be you projecting your personality onto the rest of us.

I once worked for a guy who trusted no one, customers, vendors, not any of his employees, not his boss, hell, not even his wife. Didn't take me long to figure out that it was because he was untrustworthy himself and he projected that onto everyone around him. He was a miserable person, miserable to work for and apparently miserable to live with. His wife of only a couple years left him shortly after I went to work for him.

I happen to believe that most Americans are thankful for the service and sacrifice our service men and women are committed to. Obviously you don't, what makes you right and me wrong? Originally Posted by boardman
Just a question presented to everyone. If we sent a reporter out on a typical American Street, (as in the Jaywalking segments or the more recent Watersworld), and asked random citizens to name the two principle Countries were we have been at war for the past 15 years, how many could name Iraq and Afganistan?