For Those Who Think Trump Didn't Act Quickly Enough During The COVID-19 Pandemic...

• oeb11
  • 04-20-2020, 01:56 PM
HF - Thanks - well written - and a good look at the panic of the early projections of 2 million deaths in the US.

This is turning out to be more of a sevvere Influenza season than a Millions dead season.

True - trump acted reasonably and responsibly - taking into account multiple advisors and different opinions from different fields.

Navarro is an economic advisor - Not a physician. And he over-reacted to the medical issues in faulty models.

It is clear China lies, and has the WHO in their pocket of corruption and crime.

And yes - Trump is more than a little bit egocentric. Still - he started taking action while the DPST leadership was advising their peoples to go out and mix,mingle, and play. - No Problem! Something they Deny - and Lie about today!
Still haven't seen anyone state what else could have been done sooner.
1.He could have initiated early,aggressive,widespread,fr ee government testing earlier.Still not addressed adequately.

2.He could have initiated a medical supply and equipment buildup earlier.This could have been facilitated by establishing a "War Production Board" so to speak similar to what FDR did after Pearl Harbor.

3.He could have instituted Social Distancing earlier.We were in and stayed in a "containment" mode too long when we should have gone into a "mitigation" mode sooner.

4.Probably the most important part is that he could have adopted a more sober tone and been more forthcoming to the people regarding what we may possibly come to be faced with.Which has come to pass.
You do realize that the President was brutally criticized for trying to take measures to fend off covid. Suggesting he should have been even more aggressive is being completely ignorant of context. Had he attempted to do the things you’ve stated, putting aside that the House would’ve never approved funding and claimed he was wagging the dog, he would have been labeled a panic monger who was (actually this time) being ‘anti-science’ since the WHO, Faucci, and everyone else who could find a microphone was telling us not to worry about it.

Not that it matters, since only a few of the things we did were actually prudent steps. Certainly switching the country off was one that wasn’t. It’s time to call bullshit, take a mulligan, admit this was the biggest fuck up in human history and quit destroying millions of lives.

This is where we’re at. Destroy the country and everything that millions of citizens have spent a lifetime building because...... someone might catch a cold.
1.He could have initiated early,aggressive,widespread,fr ee government testing earlier.Still not addressed adequately. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
For a virus the WHO stated at the time was not very contagious between humans and the CCP was stating was "fully contained"?

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eening-outward

2.He could have initiated a medical supply and equipment buildup earlier.This could have been facilitated by establishing a "War Production Board" so to speak similar to what FDR did after Pearl Harbor. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
See previous counter point.

3.He could have instituted Social Distancing earlier.We were in and stayed in a "containment" mode too long when we should have gone into a "mitigation" mode sooner. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
POTUS can influence the CDC to create "guidelines", but short of declaring martial law and sending in the military, he can't directly control how each state handles their response...and in the "hot spots" like NY (especially NYC) and CA, the local and state response was found lacking, if not outright irresponsible.

https://twitter.com/BilldeBlasio/sta...48718714036229
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...scos-chinatown

4.Probably the most important part is that he could have adopted a more sober tone and been more forthcoming to the people regarding what we may possibly come to be faced with.Which has come to pass. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
For what end exactly...and what exactly has come to pass? There have been a few hot spots, caused by local and state government mismanagement (see previous counterpoint), general infrastructure of the area (great usage of mass transit and elevators in a densely packed area), and possible virus mutation. This hasn't been the level of nationwide medical tragedy a lot of people predicted. It, however, may become a worse economic tragedy, if businesses are closed for much longer.
The whole China being dishonest thing gets old. They closed Wuhan Provence in late January.

It was obvious by their drastic containment methods that the Wuhan Flu would hit the world hard.

There was a ton of information leaking out of China all February showing how bad this was. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see the threat and to understand that the US would see a major impact sooner than later.

As far as Trump's handling or lack thereof I'd say as much as anything a supply side opportunity was lost in so much that the government could have
coordinated the mass production of PPE and testing and they ought to be doing a better job of it now.

Anyway even if you think that the infection rate in the US is really as high as 10 percent or 30+ million, that really means we have a long long ways to go. There is no effective vaccine for any existing Corona virus. We will be lucky if this virus is an exception and a vaccine works a year or more down the line.

In the end excluding a few financial sectors, the rich will generally get richer due to all of this. The working and lower middle class will sink further into serfdom because of covid and the subsequent reactions.

I do see an argument in just letting the virus rage. But not because it wouldn't kill a lot of people. Rather I wonder if people are too death averse? Certainly people during the 1918 flu, with WW1 underway and with memories of the Civil War and other worse diseases like small pox would have been a tougher breed.

I just don't know, there are no easy answers and no valid scape goats. Maybe that is the core of Trump's problem, he depends on easy answers to sway the populace even more that a typical politician.
1.He could have initiated early,aggressive,widespread,fr ee government testing earlier.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
If you got a moment, run by us how anyone would have testing for 300M people for an unknown virus. Please be specific. Might be interesting to learn from one, such as yourself. And if you could elucidate on that whole "free" part, that would be great.

2.He could have initiated a medical supply and equipment buildup earlier.This could have been facilitated by establishing a "War Production Board" so to speak similar to what FDR did after Pearl Harbor. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Confusing. Are you saying that all people in the chain of money have no responsibility to the people they collect money from to do anything productive with it towards their benefit? How do the local politicians and recipients of the peoples money actually abdicate responsibility for everything anyway? Please, be specific, oh learned one.

You do understand that "similar to what FDR did after" is exactly what happened here. Right? To the point of even creating excess supply and sharing with the rest of the free world. Right?

3.He could have instituted Social Distancing earlier.We were in and stayed in a "containment" mode too long when we should have gone into a "mitigation" mode sooner. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
My, my, my. Look at that hindsight on that dudette. But my rear view mirror shows the WHO saying it was not human-human transmissible. If I were GEPOTUS, I would take advise from the medical professionals. Oh SNAP! That is exactly what he did. Miss a memo much?

4.Probably the most important part is that he could have adopted a more sober tone and been more forthcoming to the people regarding what we may possibly come to be faced with.Which has come to pass. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Awwwwwe. Poor boo-boo. Need your binky and some warm cocoa from the Politburo to sleep at night? Ya poor thang.... In the land of adulthood, we just need to know the facts and we can make informed decisions on our own.
  • oeb11
  • 04-27-2020, 07:24 AM
Fascist DPST's - the retrospectoscope is always 20/20
None have any suggestions that would not have been labelled as "racistm hysteria mongering xenophobic" by the LSM and DPST's at the time

While they were telling folks to go out and congregate -"perfectly safe" - and taking payments from Comrade Xi for the walled compounds to protect themselves from the hoi polloi!
Hey the OP asked for something and I listed 4 things pretty clear.

1.Other countries much smaller and with far less resources,what Chump might call "shithole" countries,got out in front with Free extensive Govt testing.They evidently developed and got tests.

2.The WPB that FDR established was done sooner and more professionally.It was not headed up by his "Dipshit" son-in-law.

3.Social Distancing is part of the mitigation phase and we did not get to it soon enough.

4.Chump was overly dismissive of this crisis way too long.

You guys need to admit that your experiment with a huckster has been exposed.Chump is an amateur with no idea of how Govt works or how to make it work.Chump is responsible for his response or lack of a response.Chump cannot defer our policy or decision making to WHO or China or anyone else.The only thing that has now brought some degree of focus to the problem is that now your "Dreaded Deep State" is involved ie. Dr Fauci,Dr Birx etc.Let the agencies and bureaus with the people in them do their jobs.
Well put, sportfisherman.

A good 25% of your compatriots, like Trump, will never admit a mistake and will expends far more time and energy trying to legitimize a lie than searching for the truth.

If we had a doctor around here, we could ask them what disorder that behavior indicates.

But alas, only amateur doctors, amateur public health experts and detention hall majors.

Leads to this.
I'm gonna go do a little snort of Lysol and polish up my Noble prize.
1.Other countries much smaller and with far less resources,what Chump might call "shithole" countries... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
How come you don't live in one of those tiny countries anyway? You seem to be a perfectly compliant little Comrade. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "much smaller" mean that they are much smaller in both population and geography? You do realize that the USA, which might even be a country that you reside in, has tested more people than all other countries, chite-hole or otherwise, combined. Right? Try to keep up here.

2.The WPB that FDR established was done sooner and more professionally.It was not headed up by his "Dipshit" son-in-law.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Because you were there or something? WTF are you even blathering on about?

3.Social Distancing is part of the mitigation phase and we did not get to it soon enough. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
What in the world has that got to do with GEPOTUS? Those are the Doctors orders, which GEPOTUS went with - immediately. Take it up with them. You do realize those are the same Doctors that OVomit had in his stable, who happened to write a check to Wuhan Labs to research hybrid viruses, which were banned from being researched in the US. Right? Do you even recall what the Doctors said about the threat early on even? But you go ahead and live your life on your knees. Seems a comfortable and natural place for you.

4.Chump was overly dismissive of this crisis way too long. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
No, he was a xenophobe and racist because he banned flights from China in January. Keep your BS straight. Did you get a cookie from San Fran Nan in February from Chinatown, where they were all dancing in the streets and open for business?

Maybe he was heeding the advise from the formerly funded WHO:

On February 15, 2020, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, addressed the Munich Security Conference. At that time, there were only about 60K cases of COVID-19 in China and about 500 in the rest of the world. Tedros was more concerned with misinformation than with containment.

In his address, he said:“We’re not just fighting an epidemic; we’re fighting an infodemic. Fake news spreads faster and more easily than this virus, and is just as dangerous.” And if we don’t tackle this, he went on, “we are headed down a dark path that leads nowhere but division and disharmony.”

...Chump is an amateur with no idea of how Govt works or how to make it work.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Remember that vast experience of a Community Agitator, just a few years back? You should stick with your regular three bobs and a slob on Xiping's knob. GEPOTUS has marshaled the entire strength and breadth of American know-how into an invincible team and provided it with executive focus from day one, while coordinating with every world leader. You do recall that "pandemic" means the whole world is affected. Right? Oh sure, there are downsides to saving over 330M+ US citizens. You come to mind for example.
The whole China being dishonest thing gets old. They closed Wuhan Provence in late January..... Originally Posted by Big Ed

Apologies, I was cleaning my belly button. When did you say Trump banned flights from China? And when did China ban flights from Wuhan? Ask'n for some frens...
1.I live here.Our testing is still not adequate.At one point Dr Fauci termed it a "Failing".Yesterday he said it needed to double.

2.I was not there,but I have alot of education and I can read.

3.Chump is the ultimate decision maker.Chump cannot defer his judgments onto others.When the Bay of Pigs occurred on Kennedy's watch he took full responsibility even though he felt his intel community had failed him.Chump's doctors and advisors faced alot of pushback from Chump.Chump takes responsibility for what he views as good and shirks his responsibility for anything negative.

4.People are suffering terribly so.Some are sick,some dying,there are healthcare professionals and hospitals fading alot of heat,and the Economic fallout is outrageous.Chump wants to tout himself and whine like a little bitch about how "He is suffering".It's not playing very well.Ever notice how Chump "Has the best economy ever" "He is the hardest working Pres ever" "His phone calls are perfect" "His resonse is perfect".

Remember all you Chumpsters ; What you hear,what you read,what you see is not what's happening.

Hey this guy seems obsessed with President Xi and his knob and nutsack and such,is he into that kinda thing ? I think he would like to take it up the ass from Chump.
...Our testing is still not adequate.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
And testing does what for you exactly? Game out the scenarios to illuminate your genius.

2.I was not there,but I have alot of education and I can read... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
That's laugh worthy. Good to see you keep a sense of humor about yo fine self.

3.Chump is the ultimate decision maker.Chump cannot defer his judgments onto others... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
So you are saying GEPOTUS should have instantly declared Martial law and took over everything and sent soldiers to weld your doors and windows shut. But you failed to mention when exactly and how it would have impacted your feelz.

4.People are suffering terribly... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
How many are: dieing? suffering? How many are still alive? Try actual data - it's good for you. Is the cure worse than the cause? Is China the good guy? And ghee whiz, aren't we lucky that you are not in charge of anything?!?!?

People are not born ignorant. (Maybe you are the rare exception) Some choose to be. Reflect on that.