Gamer's Corner: Video Game Thread

I'm surprised people still play that. But I was never into it, I seems to have staying power.

I saw the trailer for gears of war 4 it's the first thing that has made me consider a Xbox. I just don't know if one game is worth it, probably not. Still I had mad fun on the last ones. Originally Posted by Trey
Well if you like the others ones you'll definitely get a kick out the new one. I recently played the gow4 beta and the multi player was fire! That's the reason I got and xbone. Quantum break isn't bad either, pretty good.
  • cr76
  • 05-04-2016, 08:37 PM
I wanted to play quantum break - does the game or tv affect each other much??
Not to spoil anything for you but yes decisions you make to let a person live or die for example changes the story and the show. The gunplay and game play is serviceable not special. Time powers are pretty cool
DOOM!
  • cr76
  • 05-05-2016, 02:01 PM
DOOM! Originally Posted by Biggie_Smalls
The new one appears to be getting raves
Mankind Divided gets my attention.
Well I won't say much , till you play through them.

The creators of Arkham Origins which wasn't that bad - talked about doing a superman game. Originally Posted by cr76

Knocked out Arkham City last week and on Origins now. Big difference in graphics and map size that's for sure. Still don't see what the Suicide Squad connection is so far. Origins story line is kinda wonky for me.
Been playing dark souls 3, waiting to hop on overwatch
  • cr76
  • 05-06-2016, 06:37 AM
Knocked out Arkham City last week and on Origins now. Big difference in graphics and map size that's for sure. Still don't see what the Suicide Squad connection is so far. Origins story line is kinda wonky for me. Originally Posted by Fishpie

Keep playing, It's minor but it's there.

Origins had some bad flack, but i liked it, Especially with Riddler being "nygma" and the mysterious "Joker" criminal.

Plus it had Gotham PD when it was dirty.
It says I'm 25% progress or so. I tend to knock out the side missions as they come along so I can focus on the main mission. I do Riddler's crap last though since that's very time consuming. Yep, the Joker part is what I don't like. The nygma thing was meh. I'm on the Morgue mission right now which looks to be five missions away from the finales. Not going to lie I put the Deadshot side mission on hold because I'm not sure what's going on but when I ultra stun him he keeps getting stuck in the wall or railing so I can't hit him.

The part with Joker on the table in Blackgate seems to be the same part from the movie. Not sure if that's what the minor connection is.
  • cr76
  • 05-06-2016, 03:45 PM
It says I'm 25% progress or so. I tend to knock out the side missions as they come along so I can focus on the main mission. I do Riddler's crap last though since that's very time consuming. Yep, the Joker part is what I don't like. The nygma thing was meh. I'm on the Morgue mission right now which looks to be five missions away from the finales. Not going to lie I put the Deadshot side mission on hold because I'm not sure what's going on but when I ultra stun him he keeps getting stuck in the wall or railing so I can't hit him.

The part with Joker on the table in Blackgate seems to be the same part from the movie. Not sure if that's what the minor connection is. Originally Posted by Fishpie
I forgot what was the morgue mission, did you do the swat room beat down?? That's a possibility about joker on the table , but that's not I was referring too.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkh...ns/Walkthrough

Damn Riddler. Now I'm sidetracking on working the towers and disabling the network relays.
You could've told me it was at the end of the main story. Yea I saw the connection now.
  • Trey
  • 05-07-2016, 06:19 PM
It's good to see Tropico 5 as the free game this month. First time in a while I've seen a real game put out for free.

I've cleared my gamefly Q to make way for doom and uncharted.
  • cr76
  • 05-07-2016, 08:45 PM
You could've told me it was at the end of the main story. Yea I saw the connection now. Originally Posted by Fishpie

I don't know if they will follow through on it as so far there has been no further word on it. The team that worked on Arlham Origins - said they have plans to make an Arkham style game that features Superman .