Screening

I admit I stopped reading after this post so someone else may have mentioned this already so sorry if I am being redundant, but don't screen through LinkedIn. I have all of my jobs and universities I have graduated from on there. There is no way in hell I would provide that to anyone for P4P when it could come back to bite me on the ass like a rabid pit bull. Instead, I would just create a fake profile because it would take me less than 20 minutes to do so. With that fake profile, I could be the reincarnation of Ted Bundy and you'd never know it if you screened me that way.

Anyway, just my two cents about that screening method. I think the ladies are a lot more qualified to guide you more than the guys, so I hope you asked this same question in their/your forum as well. Stay safe and be well! Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Please .... You think I can't tell a fake LinkedIn profile? Real ones have some history, etc .... nice try, though, Ted
I guess I don't understand why a lady would put so much trust in LinkedIn, when it's not their business to be a provider verification service. If le contacts LinkedIn and says, we need 10 profiles that look real so we can stop human trafficking, why wouldn't LinkedIn help? Originally Posted by Anthonylewis50
Because if you have nothing else - no references, no accounts, no way of verifying you, that can at LEAST prove you aren't law enforcement.
Got it?
I fall on the side of making providers feel safe. First of all, it makes for a much better experience if they feel safe with me. Second, I kind of feel that is my obligation. No woman should have to feel uncomfortable with me. If I find a good companion, I want to be able to see her again and again.

That said, my situation is complicated by the fact that I have mostly been out of the hobby for several years due to cancer and an injury.

While I do have a few contacts left and some of my old reviews are still posted, I'm really at a loss as to how to rebuild my reputation in this community for screening purposes.

Any help would be very appreciated. Originally Posted by almostfamous
A few contacts that vouch for you would work ....
#5 - Membership here is entirely anonymous and for the privacy of our members it will remain that way. That means any effort or attempt to connect a person's real world information to their username [COLOR="Yellow"]on this board or elsewhere will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.[/COLOR] This includes real first or last names, employment, medical info, addresses past or present, images, criminal or driving record, etc. We expect everyone who participates here to respect and go to great lengths to protect the anonymity and privacy of one another. Reckless disregard or accidental outing will also be taken very seriously, as will posts deemed by staff to be a 'threat of outing'. In other words, posts which simply imply knowledge of personal details beyond one's public fictional persona or what has been revealed in writing on this board will be dealt with using the same strong measures as actual outing of one's personal information.

I would be careful of posting anywhere real world info from what this says. Originally Posted by motor
I certainly do NOT post ANYONE's real world info. Anywhere. I take my safety AND MY CLIENTS' SAFETY equally serious. This isn't so childish game. Everyone deserves to be safe from outing or LE or robbery or physical harm. Everyone
Please .... You think I can't tell a fake LinkedIn profile? Real ones have some history, etc .... nice try, though, Ted Originally Posted by GayleMeyers