Another shooting at Fort Hood

Not jaded are you, Jim?

Seems like unless it's an Al-Quaeda attack, it's OK with a lot of the gun nuts out there. Nobody's taken their guns away but they're howling like rednecks at a truck stop titty bar nonetheless.

If anybody's trying to spread the bullshit here it's the poor victims of the gun grabbers... Who still have all their guns!
Not jaded are you, Jim?

Seems like unless it's an Al-Quaeda attack, it's OK with a lot of the gun nuts out there. Nobody's taken their guns away but they're howling like rednecks at a truck stop titty bar nonetheless.

If anybody's trying to spread the bullshit here it's the poor victims of the gun grabbers... Who still have all their guns! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Iam just giving it ya straight. To many tragic events taking place these days and the circumstances don't make sense. As far as gun grabbing, I don't need someone to come to my door and demand I give up whatever firearm I may have for me to realize there is an issue with that second amendment. If it has to come to that for me to realize it, then it's to late. There has never been a country that was destroyed from the outside it always happens from within. For any of us to relinquish any of our rights for the sake of security by those anxious to expand it's meaning will certainly make fools out of all of us.

Jim
I don't recall anyone ever coming to my door demanding that I give up whatever firearms I own. Perhaps they came when I was away and I never knew it!

I will let y'all know, if and when, they make the demand!
I suppose my statements are based primarily on opinion but there maybe some factual implications as well. First of all consider the people that you work with and around. Has there ever been an incident of aggression? A fistic encounter or a heated argument that may have indicated that if a firearm would have been present a shooting might have occurred. Another point, are employees subject to being searched upon entering the building specifically for the presence of a firearm? Although a "Gun Free" policy in any work place is a good one and everyone is expected and should adhere to it. Unfortunately though it can also be a false sense of security.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Yes there have been incidents of aggression. I remember one in which a co-worker got drunk at lunch, came back to work and punched his manager. Who knows what might have happened had he had a gun. No way to know. Also several heated arguments between managers and employees. I personally applaud the rule banning handguns. A professional workplace is simply not a place for handguns IMHO. Although I do support the right to carry concealed handguns in other places.

No one is searched at the building. As I said, workers at my building are fairly high-paid professionals who obey work-place rules and who would in all likelihood not jeopardize their jobs by carrying a handgun into the building. Although people carrying concealed handguns try their best to hide them, I myself have seen supposedly concealed handguns at times. Simply is not worth the risk.
  • Old-T
  • 04-07-2014, 06:22 AM
You don't approve, of what? I'll tell ya what I don't approve of , that this whole incident really stinks to high heaven. There actually was a company that placed a job add on Craig's list for individuals to participate in a training scenario for a Mass Casualty Incident at Fort Hood March 17,18,19. Seems a bit odd to me that two weeks later the real deal goes down. That's a bit too coincidental for something like this.

I don't know about this specific situation, but it may be less coincidental than you think.

I spend a fair bit of time on military bases for my consulting work. I would estimate (I don't keep good data on this since it isn't what I am there for) that 20-25% of the time there is a security police exercise going on--many involve an active shooter. There are also a lot of casualty response exercises. I have seen a number of temp job postings for people to either be "casualties", or "panicked crowds".

The think about this whole discussion that bothers me is that there is so much discussion about HOW MANY guns should be around, and so little discussion about WHO SHOULD HAVE THEM. Personal opinion until I can be shown data otherwise: there are too many guns out there, many are certainly in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and some of the loudest gun-rights screamers are definitely ones who should not. Was not the movie theater cell-phone shooter an ex-cop? Probably fits the perfect profile of someone should should have a gun--according to the folks on here who believe in massive gun carrying.
I have seen armed Marines come to blows while carrying weapons. They kicked each others asses rather than shoot everyone standing around. I wonder what was wrong with them.
How many of them were mental patients ... Beside you of course.
I don't recall anyone ever coming to my door demanding that I give up whatever firearms I own. Perhaps they came when I was away and I never knew it!

I will let y'all know, if and when, they make the demand! Originally Posted by bigtex
Hahaha, you didn't read my post very well. It's obvious you were to busy trying to be a smartass as usual. I never specified anyone has ever come to my door asking for me to turnover a firearm.

Jim
  • Old-T
  • 04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I have seen armed Marines come to blows while carrying weapons. They kicked each others asses rather than shoot everyone standing around. I wonder what was wrong with them. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I am completely confused by what you are implying. Give a bunch of people guys and see if they will escalate to using them? How many need to pull theirs before it gets really ugly?

You haven't answered the basic question: how do you decide who is likely to break a moral/emotional tie-down and start shooting? Which god-fearing nut is going to hear god talking to him/her telling them to shoot the commie pinko airian nation homo loving abortion clinic war monger?

Most wackos with mental issues are very hard to identify before they pop.
So you're saying that ALL the shooters listened to God? Which one? Seems like they all had mental problems with has little to do with a belief in God. You throw out these uninformed opinions OT and you damage your brand.
  • CJ7
  • 04-07-2014, 10:06 AM
So you're saying that ALL the shooters listened to God? Which one? Seems like they all had mental problems with has little to do with a belief in God. You throw out these uninformed opinions OT and you damage your brand. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

don't tell me, you're too stupid to understand what someone says too ?
Which god-fearing nut is going to hear god talking to him/her telling them to shoot the commie pinko airian nation homo loving abortion clinic war monger?

There you go. That wasn't very hard.
  • Old-T
  • 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
So you're saying that ALL the shooters listened to God? Which one? Seems like they all had mental problems with has little to do with a belief in God. You throw out these uninformed opinions OT and you damage your brand. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Never said "All", nor did I say how many. But since you asked the question--rhetorically or not--I'll answer you.

There are lots of reasons for people snapping, my point was that until they snap it's often near impossible to tell which ones will or won't.

Some have mental issues.

Some are just extremely angry because they were fired, they think they were disrespected, their GF walked out, etc., etc.

Some--more than you care to admit--did it because god told them to shoot an abortion doctor, or allah told them to kill jews, or a now-candidate for India's top elected position told them to kill muslims.

And some do it because they don't like how loud someone plays their music, or because someone texts in the movies.

Personally it doesn't matter to me whether god told them to or not--or which name they call their god--I worry about lots of people having lots of guns with no way to tell who really is a nut job. But I do know that in the history of mankind peoples' warped sense of what "god wants" has probably resulted in more murders than almost anything else. Are you saying you don't agree? Or are you saying there is a big difference between "god told me to kill him" vs "all witches should be burned at the stake" vs "I'm gonna be a martyr and have seven million virgins!". Personally, I see very little difference.

Do you think it matters if god was talking to the shooter, or whether he just had a texting phobia?
Yes there have been incidents of aggression. I remember one in which a co-worker got drunk at lunch, came back to work and punched his manager. Who knows what might have happened had he had a gun. No way to know. Also several heated arguments between managers and employees. I personally applaud the rule banning handguns. A professional workplace is simply not a place for handguns IMHO. Although I do support the right to carry concealed handguns in other places.

No one is searched at the building. As I said, workers at my building are fairly high-paid professionals who obey work-place rules and who would in all likelihood not jeopardize their jobs by carrying a handgun into the building. Although people carrying concealed handguns try their best to hide them, I myself have seen supposedly concealed handguns at times. Simply is not worth the risk. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Well you're right no telling what would have happened if a firearm would have been at the disposal of the employee. Signs indicating "Gun Free Zones" are not infringements on the second amendment. They are set in place for a reason and that reason is this, a person can be criminally charged with caring a concealed weapon in areas of "Gun Free Zones" even if you have a permit to carry concealed. Common areas that you might see "Gun Free Zones" signs would be Hospitals and clinics, Schools, Governmental Buildings, sporting events and Research Centers. Iam sure there's others. But as we all know anything can happen regardless of signs, and even the law.

Jim
Hahaha, you didn't read my post very well. It's obvious you were to busy trying to be a smartass as usual. I never specified anyone has ever come to my door asking for me to turnover a firearm.

Yet others mewl, moan and cry about that every fucking day around here.

Waiting on the salami that never arrives.

Chicken shit Little can shoot the fuckers when they come! IF they come.