How many providers barter or have bartered

WTF was this drunk post for? Who was the idiot who gave those up?

Getting back to the barter subject, I had a provider wanting me purchase parts to repair her vehicle + 2-3 hours of technical mechanical work (not including travel time) for 30 mins of hobby time and she wasn't worth her asking rate in my eyes, I passed and laughed

Some providers think their pussy is the last one in town and try to hustle even on a barter deal, I'll gladly barter for professions but get ready to pay up for mine and parts are never included. Originally Posted by BLM69
Is this all you got I mean really getting weak getting weak
That and YouTube has all the necessary instructions how to remove viruses and just about any help desk issues, this was a great field before that. Originally Posted by BLM69
Ah the good ol' days when we techies were gods and ruled the universe ...
I'm always trying to figure out something I could barter with. Anyone in desperate need of a Visio diagram? Maybe some Excel work? Or a code review? 😆😆

Seriously though - I'd take someone up on transportation or getting groceries or moving around furniture or something.
Its really not that easy to do IT work right. A lot of things can be done following YouTube but I make a very good living in part by fixing the screwups on computers caused by people who think they know what they are doing.

Over the years, I have done computer work, AV , security cameras, web cam setup, etc for a number of providers. Often in their homes and around their families. That requires not only a high level of skill, but also a high level of professionalism and trust. There are times when the work cannot be completed on site. So they have to trust me a great deal to take their computer with often work related stuff on it.

I always give them a bill for the regular rate for my services. If it's less than a session price, I offer to pay the difference. If its more than the session price I get paid the difference. I give them full value, they give me full value. No one feels cheated and I get repeat clients. There is no haggling, just a different form of payment.

Any gal needing any kind of computer work, data recovery, virus removal, replacement of failed hard drive, transferring everything to a new computer, complete webcam packages and set up, AV work, tablet or phone repair, let me know. I will be happy to give you a quote.
Im the one that spends all day during holidays fixing everyone's shit. Parents, siblings, cousins, you name it. They all bring their shit on Christmas and tell me their problems. I guess youtube is easy for some but not all. That being said Id offer services for barter. Any tech related issues and most auto issues.
Im the one that spends all day during holidays fixing everyone's shit. Parents, siblings, cousins, you name it. They all bring their shit on Christmas and tell me their problems. I guess youtube is easy for some but not all. That being said Id offer services for barter. Any tech related issues and most auto issues. Originally Posted by 2long4u
I learned how to fix my own washer and even my dryer through the internet about 8 years ago, but with these upright units they have now, I'm not sure I would be able to do it. Even with my degree. Not without some training on how they work. Kudos to you for being so talented.

I'm very thankful for having a couple of mechanics (hobby and real world) that I can call on for car troubles. And I have learned when needing a tow, cash talks faster than insurance.
Ultra Boosts, NMDs, Yeezys - I've done plenty of appointments for some killer sneakers!
I learned how to fix my own washer and even my dryer through the internet about 8 years ago, but with these upright units they have now, I'm not sure I would be able to do it. Even with my degree. Not without some training on how they work. Kudos to you for being so talented. Originally Posted by tntangie

Its mostly electronics now. Replace a sensor and you are good to go.
I'm like the Lannister's. I always pay my debts.

Although it's not a debt, but should be paid upon services renders.

However, I do think many providers miss out cuz they post "non-negotiable" rates.

There have been many providers I disregard due to this comment, if the donation seems a bit... enthusiastic. ;-)

Remember, we are only talking about 120 seconds of work with me anyway. HA!
I had a provider wanting to barter a free week of GFE to a trip to Australia. I declined, the offer of course. There's 4 Sheila's to every one bloke.
PM me what you're looking for (goods or services) and let's talk.
I can barter for a discount on a new or used vehicle. I have a "down payment" room haha.
I still need someone to replace GFI outlets outside. (2 of them)
Need tree and bushes trimmed in backyard.
Front yard edged. (Yep... don't have an edger! Lol)
Pool vacuum broke, so I need a new one.

So, guys contact me if you want to Barter for helping with any of those things!

Xoxo,
Melissa
If anyone is up for bartering for king bed, used car, flat screens or anything unlisted shoot an offer PM ME
Add me to the list of girls that like to barter. I love tech. Also. Looking for a language tutor. ��