Tucker Carlson or the CDC: Who Do You Trust More for Advice About Masks?

that thing about hunter is a bit misleading.

he's not teaching a class. he's a guest speaker for some tulane professor. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

at least he got his "meth teeth" fixed first ..

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/202...ix-meth-mouth/

BAHHAAAAAAAA
that thing about hunter is a bit misleading.

he's not teaching a class. he's a guest speaker for some tulane professor. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Thank you for the correction but it doesn't change the fact that Hunter Biden will be lecturing on what is and isn't "Fake News". Can't think of anything more ironic than that.

Thank you for the correction but it doesn't change the fact that Hunter Biden will be lecturing on what is and isn't "Fake News". Can't think of anything more ironic than that.
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
How about poorly informed old men, on a hooker board, pretending to be experts on government, foreign policy, and "truth". LOL!
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 07:34 AM
Tucker came up with another thought provoking monologue yesterday. Everyone who gets a Covid vaccine will die! That’s right, when we look back after 120 years or so, everyone who’s gotten the vaccine will be dead.

Here’s a transcript of Tucker’s monologue and the CDC’s position on this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...id-vaccine.amp

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html
I trust Tucker
Tucker came up with another thought provoking monologue yesterday. Everyone who gets a Covid vaccine will die! That’s right, when we look back after 120 years or so, everyone who’s gotten the vaccine will be dead.

Here’s a transcript of Tucker’s monologue and the CDC’s position on this:
Originally Posted by Tiny
I hope you were just making my point about people being sarcastic, right Tiny?

You know damn well Tucker never said any such thing as "Every one who gets a vaccine will die" or did you not read the article you posted? So you have to be using sarcasm to make a point, right? But then you don't go on to make that point which then leads me to believe that you might be no better than the others that peddle mis-information simply because you don't like the man. There may be a place for you at MSNBC.

He asked a question, 'how many people have died after having been vaccinated? You're telling us that isn't a valid question to ask? Come on, man.

And then his guest, an expert in the field says that there is no definitive study that says anybody vaccinated died "from being vaccinated". He went on to say that of course people would continue to die from multiple causes with and without vaccines because that's what people do, they die.

Then Tucker produced government information on deaths from, after Covid

The data we just cited come from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System — VAERS — which is managed by the CDC and the FDA.
Is that not allowed because it brings into question things the Biden administration is selling?

Come on, Tiny, tell me you weren't being serious with your headline and you're just trying to have a little fun with us.
How about poorly informed old men, on a hooker board, pretending to be experts on government, foreign policy, and "truth". LOL! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

If confusing "teaching" and "lecturing" is an example of being "poorly" informed, I can live with that. Now you on the other hand, who pretends to be informed on matters that you get completely wrong, that's a whole different story and a whole different level of poorly informed.

And what exactly does being old have to do with anything or is that the best you can do when trying to make a point and failing miserably?
If confusing "teaching" and "lecturing" is an example of being "poorly" informed, I can live with that. Now you on the other hand, who pretends to be informed on matters that you get completely wrong, that's a whole different story and a whole different level of poorly informed.

And what exactly does being old have to do with anything or is that the best you can do when trying to make a point and failing miserably? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
He wasn’t smart enough to come up with something original. He stole the “old” mantra from Lucas who seemed to think it was insulting. Are we to believe these two are actually in their 20’s or 30’s? If so, that would mean they can’t laid in the civee world. They don’t have enough game. Bravo!!!!
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 01:15 PM
I hope you were just making my point about people being sarcastic, right Tiny?

You know damn well Tucker never said any such thing as "Every one who gets a vaccine will die" or did you not read the article you posted? So you have to be using sarcasm to make a point, right? But then you don't go on to make that point which then leads me to believe that you might be no better than the others that peddle mis-information simply because you don't like the man. There may be a place for you at MSNBC.

He asked a question, 'how many people have died after having been vaccinated? You're telling us that isn't a valid question to ask? Come on, man.

And then his guest, an expert in the field says that there is no definitive study that says anybody vaccinated died "from being vaccinated". He went on to say that of course people would continue to die from multiple causes with and without vaccines because that's what people do, they die.

Then Tucker produced government information on deaths from, after Covid

Is that not allowed because it brings into question things the Biden administration is selling?

Come on, Tiny, tell me you weren't being serious with your headline and you're just trying to have a little fun with us. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Here's the deal Hedonist. True Republicans, like Ronald Reagan, Liz Cheney, and the people who write the Wall Street Journal Editorial Page, are usually pretty good with numbers. They don't rely on feelings, like many on the left. And apparently like Tucker Carlson.

Well, Carlson is assuming that many or most of the 3700 deaths that occurred after a COVID vaccination that were reported on the VAERS database were caused by the vaccine. Which is bull shit. Physicians and others are encouraged to report deaths they think were probably caused by heart attacks, strokes, etc., not the vaccine. Then the CDC goes back and sorts out whether or not it's likely the COVID vaccine played a part.

Every week, approximately 65,000 people die in America. About 150 million people have been vaccinated. The population of the USA is 330 million. So look at the math. Of those 150 million people vaccinated, around 30,000 should die EVERY WEEK. Actually more than 30,000 because the elderly are overrepresented in the 150 million vaccinated, and children and adolescents haven't been vaccinated.

Here's what the CDC says:

Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.

As to Johnson and Johnson, last I heard, 6 women had been hospitalized and one died, out of 7 million vaccinated. The numbers may be higher now.

OK, I'll admit when I predicted before that between 10 and 100 people would die from the COVID vaccines, maybe I was low. Maybe it will be between 10 and 300. This 3700 number is bull shit.

So you don't trust the CDC? (Not referring to you Hedonist.) They've overstated the number of deaths from COVID, so why wouldn't they understate the number of deaths from the vaccine? I'll call bull shit on that too. About 500,000 more people died in 2020 than died in 2019. At the end of the year, the tally of deaths from COVID was around 350,000. If anything, the CDC was underestimating deaths from COVID.
Here's the deal Hedonist. True Republicans, like Ronald Reagan, Liz Cheney, and the people who write the Wall Street Journal Editorial Page, are usually pretty good with numbers. They don't rely on feelings, like many on the left. And apparently like Tucker Carlson.

Well, Carlson is assuming that many or most of the 3700 deaths that occurred after a COVID vaccination that were reported on the VAERS database were caused by the vaccine. Which is bull shit. Physicians and others are encouraged to report deaths they think were probably caused by heart attacks, strokes, etc., not the vaccine. Then the CDC goes back and sorts out whether or not it's likely the COVID vaccine played a part.

Every week, approximately 65,000 people die in America. About 150 million people have been vaccinated. The population of the USA is 330 million. So look at the math. Of those 150 million people vaccinated, around 30,000 should die EVERY WEEK. Actually more than 30,000 because the elderly are overrepresented in the 150 million vaccinated, and children and adolescents haven't been vaccinated.

Here's what the CDC says:

Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.

As to Johnson and Johnson, last I heard, 6 women had been hospitalized and one died, out of 7 million vaccinated. The numbers may be higher now.

OK, I'll admit when I predicted before that between 10 and 100 people would die from the COVID vaccines, maybe I was low. Maybe it will be between 10 and 300. This 3700 number is bull shit.

So you don't trust the CDC? (Not referring to you Hedonist.) They've overstated the number of deaths from COVID, so why wouldn't they understate the number of deaths from the vaccine? I'll call bull shit on that too. About 500,000 more people died in 2020 than died in 2019. At the end of the year, the tally of deaths from COVID was around 350,000. If anything, the CDC was underestimating deaths from COVID. Originally Posted by Tiny
Maybe Liz will have to start her own Party. Her deal is done next year. And please, don’t mention her in the same breath as Reagan. She’s a deep state globalist like her Jagoff father.
Well, Carlson is assuming that many or most of the 3700 deaths that occurred after a COVID vaccination that were reported on the VAERS database were caused by the vaccine. Originally Posted by Tiny
Dude, he didn't even say that. He was making a point that no one knows how many of those deaths were caused by the vaccine, dip.
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 05:20 PM
Dude, he didn't even say that. He was making a point that no one knows how many of those deaths were caused by the vaccine, dip. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Dude, Read it again. Yeah, you can say that. He did say no one knows. But he's being disingenuous:

Between late December of 2020, and last month, a total of 3,362 people apparently died after getting the COVID vaccines in the United States. Three thousand, three hundred and sixty-two — that’s an average of 30 people every day. So, what does that add up to? By the way, that reporting period ended on April 23. We don’t have numbers past that, we’re not quite up to date. But we can assume that another 360 people have died in the 12 days since. That is a total of 3,722 deaths. Almost four thousand people died after getting the COVID vaccines. The actual number is almost certainly much higher than that — perhaps vastly higher. (Tiny's editorial comment: the actual number IS much higher. Carlson doesn't need to speculate. Hundreds of thousands of people have already died after getting the vaccine. Eventually all of them will die.)

The data we just cited come from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System — VAERS — which is managed by the CDC and the FDA. VARES has received a lot of criticism over the years, some of it founded. Some critics have argued for a long time that VARES undercounts vaccine injuries. A report submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services in 2010 concluded that "fewer than one percent of vaccine adverse events are reported" by the VARES system. Fewer than one percent. So what is the real number of people who apparently have been killed or injured by the vaccine? Well, we don’t know that number. Nobody does, and we’re not going to speculate about it. But it’s clear that what is happening now, for whatever reason, is not even close to normal. It’s not even close to what we’ve seen in previous years with previous vaccines.

Most vaccines are not accused of killing large numbers of people. The Menveo vaccine, for example, is given to people around the world, often children, to prevent bacterial meningitis. In this country, only one person died from that vaccine in the entire period between 2010 and 2015. One. So, compare that to what’s happening now. In just the first four months of this year, the U.S. government has recorded more deaths after COVID vaccinations than from all other vaccines administered in the United States between mid-1997 and the end of 2013. That’s a period of fifteen and a half years. Again, more people, according to VAERS, have died after getting the shot in four months during a single vaccination campaign than from all other vaccines combined over more than a decade and a half. Chart that out. It’s a stunning picture. Now, the debate is over what it means. Again, there’s a lot of criticism of the reporting system.

Why are there so many more deaths being reported with VAERS this year? Because people are following this much more closely. Before you walked into your pharmacy without a prescription, got a flu vaccine or whatever, and disappeared into the sunset. Or at least that's what I've always done. If you died of a heart attack a week later nobody said anything. Your death wasn't reported to the CDC by a relative or your physician (anyone can submit a report.)

Well, if you've gotten the COVID vaccine, you know most people who were injected are walking around with a CDC app on their phone, and reporting every little ache or pain, daily at first. I'd assume you've got doctors reporting COVID deaths (deaths from the disease), for patients recently vaccinated, through VAERS.

Anyway, the CDC investigates the deaths. Other than Johnson & Johnson, where you have less than a one in a million chance of dying from a blood clot caused by the vaccine (much less if you're a man), they say they can't spot any causal link. So it boils down to the topic of this thread. Who are you going to trust? The CDC or Tucker Carlson? On matters of health, I'll favor the CDC.

People are going to die because they won't get the vaccine because they listened to Carlson spouting on about this. I'm not saying he should be taken off the air or censored. I am saying he is, as you described me, a dipshit.
Dude, Read it again. Yeah, you can say that. He did say no one knows. But he's being disingenuous:
Originally Posted by Tiny

That's you opinion and you certainly have a right to it but let me remind you of what you said in your post, you said

Tucker came up with another thought provoking monologue yesterday. Everyone who gets a Covid vaccine will die!
That's not only disingenuous, it's a lie and surely you know that! But, but, but, isn't going to cut it. You misquoted and misinformed and I'm left wondering why?

He correctly quoted a government statistic and asked a question. Then he presented an expert in the field that set the record straight if one had misinterpreted what Tucker said, as you obviously did.

And you completely over look the FACT, that Tucker on several occasions, I dare say every time he has ever broached this subject, said that vaccines have proven effective in the past and that he is not, I say again, is not recommending that you not get vaccinated. I've heard him say it a hundred times but as I stated, the "problem" with Tucker, is that you have to watch him for awhile to understand his "delivery" with sarcasm.

(Tiny's editorial comment: the actual number IS much higher. Carlson doesn't need to speculate. Hundreds of thousands of people have already died after getting the vaccine. Eventually all of them will die.)
Talk about being disingenuous. What you did was put your editorial words in Tuckers mouth. He didn't say that, you did. So in the end, you are accusing Tucker of what you just did.

Like I said, that's exactly what I expect from MSNBC. I didn't expect it of you.

In the end, as usual, Tucker is merely asking intelligent people to ask questions. We do not know how many people if any, have died as a direct result of Covid but we have a government agency putting out numbers that can be misinterpreted and Tucker put on a qualified guest to dispute that argument.

He's an acquired taste to be sure and I wish he would play it straight but that isn't his "schtick" but saying he said something that he didn't say, is a lie, plain and simple.

Who are you going to trust? The CDC or Tucker Carlson? On matters of health, I'll favor the CDC.
I don't "trust" anybody and there is certainly a case to be made for not trusting the CDC after all the misinformation they have put out. About 3 million people watch Tucker, give or take. How many people would you guess are questioning whether to get the vaccine or not? A helluva lot more than 3 million. Why? What are they basing their decision on to wait or not get vaccinated at all? They aren't all misinterpreting Tucker. I watch the guy and I got my vaccine because I weighed the pro's and con's. Trust the CDC? You mean the people that put us behind the 8 ball by fucking up the initial test kits that possible cost more lives than anything Tucker Carlson has ever said? The people who told us in the early days not to wear a mask? He has never, not once told his viewers not to take the vaccine or not to wear a mask. If you can prove other wise, please do.

Anybody with a brain that watches Tucker and apparently there are plenty of those that don't possess a brain, can see what he is trying to do. He is trying to get you to question everything! And that is what sensible, intelligent people do. If you want to follow the CDC like sheep, not questioning what they are telling you, that too is your right. I wouldn't have thought before this I'd hear you say "I'll follow the CDC".
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Hedonist, You're being unusually dense. Which is to say that you're usually not dense. I'll repeat again, word for word, what Carlson said:

Almost four thousand people died after getting the COVID vaccines. The actual number is almost certainly much higher than that — perhaps vastly higher.

So how do you square that with his comments that no one knows how many people have died from the vaccine? That is, no one knows if more or less than 4,000 people have died from the vaccine. Do you think he'd truthfully disagree with that statement? Of course not.

So what he's saying is that many more than four thousand people have died after getting vaccine, not as a result of getting the vaccine. The logical extension is that every single person who got the vaccine will ultimately die. You, Tucker Carlson and I all should agree on that point, that everyone is eventually going to die.

So call it sarcasm if you want to. He's misleading people. Again, hundreds of thousands of people who've taken the vaccine have died afterwards, from causes completely unrelated to the vaccine. So when he says many more or perhaps vastly more than 4,000 have died, he's 100% telling the truth.

As to following the CDC like a sheep, I don't. I haven't followed their advice about traveling. I was eating in restaurants in Texas as soon as they reopened. I started using an N95 mask in March of last year, when they were telling the public not to do that, because there weren't enough for the medical community. But I sure as hell trust the CDC for medical and public health advice a lot more than I do Tucker Carlson. I trust Marc Siegel, the physician who appears regularly on Fox, a lot more too, and I'm sure he'd say Tucker's full of shit on this.