the TSA.. Thoughts and Opinions?

Im thinking he has about the same "proof" that you do that the government can do it better than private.

There is a trade off between what "should" be government control and not, but the TSA is certainly one that can go either way as to the level of involvement. I feel it should be nothing more than a certification engine for each airport to handle their own security.

It's not a cookie cutter operation from airport to airport and private security with minimal certification rules would handle it nicely. Originally Posted by eccielover
Possibly. What I like about the TSA is that there is one set of rules that govern ALL airports, like them or not. As I said, I have no problem at all with the way the TSA is doing their job. Yes it is a hassle, and, as I said, a pain in the butt, but I will never object to security checks.

If private security could ensure the same level of security I have no objection. But there has to be a single agency that is responsible for updating the job requirements of the agents. Each airport should not have the freedom to do what they want when it comes to security.
lots of people won't fly anymore, they don't want to put up with TSA shit and hassle. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
And as I posted earlier the main alternative is.

A short wait in an air conditioned line for TSA or

Welcome to the Proletariat. Originally Posted by eccielover
And if you want Hawaii, or anywhere overseas, your alternative is.

As I said, do I think the TSA could be better or replaced, absolutely. As it is like Speedy keeps saying about Obamacare, it's what we've got and are stuck with it until someone makes it better.
  • oeb11
  • 08-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Take a Step Back - All Posters.
Respectfully
Remember the reason for the TSA - a person who changed America more than anyone in the 20th century.

Osama bin Ladin.
Israeli El Al Airlines does passenger screening - Intensively for every flight.

Everything is a trade-off between Security and Risk in airport screening.

Anyone who wants to learn what intensive and effective screening of airline passengers really IS - get a flight on El Al.
Bin Laden was the genesis - but the radical Islamist bombers are still out there, and would be happy to bring down another set of planes.
Take a Step Back - All Posters.
Respectfully
Remember the reason for the TSA - a person who changed America more than anyone in the 20th century.

Osama bin Ladin.
Israeli El Al Airlines does passenger screening - Intensively for every flight.

Everything is a trade-off between Security and Risk in airport screening.

Anyone who wants to learn what intensive and effective screening of airline passengers really IS - get a flight on El Al.
Bin Laden was the genesis - but the radical Islamist bombers are still out there, and would be happy to bring down another set of planes. Originally Posted by oeb11

but this is like invoking "Hitler" against everything you think is tyrannical. Bin Laden is a Murderer, but that doesn't mean you have to give him 18 years of satisfaction, knowing we went way overboard after 911. I would love an Israel-like system.. pick out the bearded young Muslim males, and you solve 98% of problems. and anyone who thinks Al Queda will attack by airplane again, is mistaken.
  • oeb11
  • 08-01-2019, 01:36 PM
CT - Thank You - I do not think the TSA is "tyrannical".
I think you are mistaken that Radical Islamist terrorists would not attack a plane again, given an opportunity.
CT - Thank You - I do not think the TSA is "tyrannical".
I think you are mistaken that Radical Islamist terrorists would not attack a plane again, given an opportunity. Originally Posted by oeb11
this is the key phrase.. they won't be given another opportunity, and besides, there are many other avenues to destroy.. fucking up our electrical grids, bringing down the internet. 911 is so yesterday in terms of destruction opportunity.

and airlines need to chip in.. alcohol on airplanes is stupid.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/01/golfe...eing-in-aisle/
  • Tiny
  • 08-01-2019, 05:15 PM
They could be more efficient and get people through lines quicker. One time I counted the number of TSA employees standing around doing nothing outside the security checkpoint at Houston IAH Terminal E. There were over 20.
They could be more efficient and get people through lines quicker. One time I counted the number of TSA employees standing around doing nothing outside the security checkpoint at Houston IAH Terminal E. There were over 20. Originally Posted by Tiny

Government efficiency at it's finest, yeah?
this is the key phrase.. they won't be given another opportunity, and besides, there are many other avenues to destroy.. fucking up our electrical grids, bringing down the internet. 911 is so yesterday in terms of destruction opportunity.

and airlines need to chip in.. alcohol on airplanes is stupid.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/01/golfe...eing-in-aisle/ Originally Posted by Chung Tran

he can afford a good lawyer. he's gonna need one!

https://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/pl...+Olesen/10976/
What is the mind of a leftist philosopher does alcohol being served on plan es have to do with TSA???????

Seriously, on what planet is that connection relevant?

There should be rules.

They should be simple.

They should be enforceable.

They should have a specific purpose.

Hence the TSA.

The wingnuts are actually trying to make it so the general public can get into the terminals for "entertainments" sake. Dumb asses abound.
What is the mind of a leftist philosopher does alcohol being served on plan es have to do with TSA??????? Originally Posted by kehaar
not a thing.

but you realize this thread has gone in and out of the TSA subject its entire life?
Hundreds of times out of 700 +? What country are you from again kehaar? Maybe you should join the Squad and either love America or leave it Originally Posted by themystic
Airports aren't the only places that have dogs for inspections, but perhaps you don't get out of your government funded hospital bed much.

I would note that you didn't make a substantive reply, and instead used misdirection to avoid illustrating the fact the general proposition put forward by you two is preposterous.
Yeah ,school tax , SS on and on , The point is the PONZI system at work in the guberment bubble will crash sooner or later ( some get it some don't )
TSA should be reformed to what it was before 9/11.

the wait time is ridiculous. I've not flown since 1990's. I flew twice to Houston and Las Vegas.

I understand you have to the airport 3 hours before your flight. when I took those flights in the 1990's it was 30 minutes quick. easy peasy.

the whole thing got so warped up by the actions of Al Qaeda on 9/11. What TSA did after 9/11 is an over reaction to this unnecessary and intrusive search protocols.

no one should have to wait to 3 fucking hours to get on a fucking plane!!!!
TSA should be reformed to what it was before 9/11.

the wait time is ridiculous. I've not flown since 1990's. I flew twice to Houston and Las Vegas.

I understand you have to the airport 3 hours before your flight. when I took those flights in the 1990's it was 30 minutes quick. easy peasy.

the whole thing got so warped up by the actions of Al Qaeda on 9/11. What TSA did after 9/11 is an over reaction to this unnecessary and intrusive search protocols.

no one should have to wait to 3 fucking hours to get on a fucking plane!!!! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Those time estimates to arrive at the airport are ridiculous. I arrive at the airport a maximum of 2 hours before my flight. Depends on the flight time. There are peak times of travel at airports and the lines will be much longer than off-peak times so adjust accordingly.

I can't remember what the security procedures were prior to 9/11 but they certainly were no where close to the procedures being followed now. At Austin-Bergstrom airport, 93 guns were found at checkpoints and in carry-on luggage in 2018, 4,238 nationwide. There was in all likelihood no ill intent on the part of those people, but still, you never know.

Again, I have absolutely no problem with the actions of the TSA. I have been pulled aside for a more intensive check 2 or 3 times. Yes, a pain in the butt but I would never say "unnecessary".