Fox News - We knew it all along...

Big Shasta Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Eat 'em up!

Eaten some of the same YSSUP, too, though I'm betting I was there first. (OK, I'm hoping I was there first!) Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Not a chance. You were always a day late and a $ short!

Meanwhile, FOX NEWS IS REPORTING ... nothing. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
ROTFLMAO
CHIT! No wonder it all tasted the same! Mountain lion pussy! YOW!

Paul Gipson is rolling in his grave! (Sadly, he is. One of the greatest players I ever saw. Gone too soon!)
Big Shasta speaks the truth. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Shasta was a hottie but she did have a temper. I have seen her mad before and believe me it is not a pretty sight!
Lots of man love here......

Do you share hotel rooms????
Lots of man love here...... Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
Yep, perhaps you and your boyfriends should be more discreet!
I was referring to you and Yssup. I am sure you knew that, but you are last as always with your attempt at humor....

I bet you two get together and put on the bell bottom jeans and butterfly collars to reminisce about your non glory days...
Dont forget the red white and blue platform shoes!
That damn hippie generation will be the death of America. Disco was no good too.
I wasn't a fan of disco too. (I mean, either!)

Unlike a few I knew, my chromosomes survived the 60s, and my children were born without brain damage. They developed it later in life.
Just how effective is Faux News at spreading lies and getting people to believe them?

"Those who watched Fox News almost daily were significantly more likely than those who never watched it to believe that most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses (12 points more likely), most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit (31 points), the economy is getting worse (26 points), most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (30 points), the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (14 points), their own income taxes have gone up (14 points), the auto bailout only occurred under Obama (13 points), when TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it (12 points) and that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States (31 points). The effect was also not simply a function of partisan bias, as people who voted Democratic and watched Fox News were also more likely to have such misinformation than those who did not watch it--though by a lesser margin than those who voted Republican."

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/671.php?nid=&id=&pnt=671&lb=
This shows how effective Fox is, but also how effective other news outlets are as well. Certainly not to the level of Fox, but it appears that everyone who preaches to the choir gets a robust Amen! Maybe that's why politicians tell "us" what "we" want to hear.

Puts a lot of power behind that remote control, eh?

Look at the demographics of this study sample:

Education
Less than high school............12%
High school........................ ..31
Some college....................... .29
BA+........................... .........29

Race/Ethnicity
White, Non-Hispanic .............69%
Black, Non-Hispanic...............12
Other, Non-Hispanic.............. 6
Hispanic .............................1 2
2+ Races, Non-Hispanic ........1

In a nutshell:

62% of those questioned did not earn a college degree. In fact, 43% of them had never sought higher education. (12% dropped out of high school)

Sample was overwhelmingly comprised of Anglos, 69%.

And ... 52% of this group said they sympathetic with the Tea Party movement.

I think you can draw certain conclusions simply from the demographics of the sample, making the results somewhat predictable.

Good read! Thanks, F-Sharp!
Love this...

http://mediamatters.org/research/200911110019

Maybe some of our "conservative" friends here would like to challenge and dig up some clips of those so-called "Liberal media outlets" (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS) doctoring videos and reporting official statements completely out of context.
Race/Ethnicity
White, Non-Hispanic .............69%
Black, Non-Hispanic...............12
Other, Non-Hispanic.............. 6
Hispanic .............................1 2
2+ Races, Non-Hispanic ........1
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What's your point here? Is this supposed to be the demographics of Fox viewership?
Love this...

http://mediamatters.org/research/200911110019

Maybe some of our "conservative" friends here would like to challenge and dig up some clips of those so-called "Liberal media outlets" (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS) doctoring videos and reporting official statements completely out of context. Originally Posted by F-Sharp
Kind of like when Dan Rather was ousted in disgrace from CBS for telling lies about George W Bush?
That was an incredible scenario. He was being a journalist and quoting Ben Barnes might not be the most reliable thing to do.

I still think he got a raw deal.

Rather/CBS didn't doctor any video. Didn't change any facts. Just ran an interview with Ben Barnes... the boy who would be king.

As far as your comment on the ethnicity of the sample referenced in the poll, my point is that it's overwhelmingly white people with highschool educations at best. Put them both together Billy_Saul. I'm sure there's nothing to be inferred from a sample that's 70% white and 60% high school educated or high school/college dropouts. I think "redneck" is a derogatory term, so I try not to use it. (BTW -- you do know that his name was Billy Sol, right?)

Don't know if that's congruous with the Fox audience profile, but it is the ethnic/educational makeup of the people polled.

That's my point.