Does anyone else miss the private socials? I do! fun times..

I still got some candles they were selling at the Texas hold em party. Wonder what ever happened to them and where they are now? Many provider are still around but, many are gone. Maybe to another state, I can't believe they got civie jobs after making those big bucks. Originally Posted by Copierguy0
I had lunch with Kitten about 4 years ago. They both moved on to bigger and better things. Both were in school back in the old days. That and other things allowed them to get out of the business.

Had some great times with them both over the years. Knew Kitten before she joined the boards. Ran into both of them at 13th floor many times. They were a lot of fun and I wish them the very best
I miss the socials at Pugsley's. They were a blast.
I remember that house well
I just saw this thread. Pugsley's wasn't an awesome place IMHO, but the ASPD era socials there were lovely. I got to meet Buck, St.C, and others of my fellow hobbyists, not to mention some of the lovely women who I later had a chance to befriend BCD.

I miss those days and would consider going if something gets planned, even at Pugsley's (if it is still there).

SJ
Is this the pugsley library you speak of that was on walnut hill off 35? I use to go there some for library outfit eye candy and they had an AHL poker night me and bud enjoyed. I still in touch with an ex waitress girl there who is now like at 69 mustang, bit beat up but still runs real nice. So what were these socials I missed out on? Was it through eccie or something back in the day? I saw a provider reply saying she went so was this like a way to meet who the guy is with handle olsdtillgoing for example is or find out if the Harely Quinn I hear about really looked like? How something like that get organized?
ECCIE never had anything to do with socials other than allow posts about them. They were orginized and run by members. It gave both the gals and the guys a chance to meet each other face to face and hopefully hook up later. I know I meet some great gals and made friends with some of the guys I still hang out with today. Some of them reached 50 people in size.

There were some great ones back 10-15 years ago, but once some folks decided to film and photograph and out the attendies, they ended for the most part.
Yes, I'm down with an outing, but not with being outted!

As we approach a surveillance society, and as more public and private spaces contain video streamed to the Interweb, I'm starting to rethink the burden/benefit equation of everyone having a camera in their pockets.

But I digress . . . yes, I do miss the socials and meeting some of the people in our iconoclastic community.
  • BLM69
  • 07-16-2023, 01:19 PM

As we approach a surveillance society. Originally Posted by Soccerjunky
We're already there, surveillance is everywhere and can be broadcast live around the world
I quit the social scene when a guy pulled out his fancy new flip-phone and started snapping pictures.

They sure were fun, though, back in the day. The early oughts were the absolute best time to be active in this hobby. All the advantages of the internet without social media, gps and cameras in everyone’s pocket.
  • Vulva
  • 07-16-2023, 03:08 PM
I miss the socials at Pugsley's. They were a blast. Originally Posted by Willow Breeze
I miss socials as well
so someone could just host one, but make everyone check all their electronics when they walk in the door.

just make it small so vetting is easier.
system double posted my post.
Used to be so much fun. Shep 3.0 and all the fun guys coming out to mingle and dinner and drinks.