Calexit?

• Old-T
  • 08-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Exactly.. How much money does the Fed spend each year combatting fires in CA and neighboring states??

Why would the govt care or not about whether holly weird goes?? Especially when Georgia and several other places have ramped UP THEIR film making.. Originally Posted by garhkal
Getting a bit myopic, are we?

Fires are across the western 1000 miles of the US, not at all limited to CA. Montana burning. The Los Alamos fire in New Mexico.

And I suspect there were a few federal dolars spent on Katrina, and Sandy, the I-95 flooding in SC two years ago, and three sepeate floods in St Louis in the past few decades. How often is federal aid repeated year after year in the Keys and the Outer Banks?

I don't have the dollar figures, but I suspect CA is not at the top of the federal aid list either.
@OP - The term Calexit is nothing more than hype. Did you actually read the story?

A bunch of fucktards in California want to change some wording in their state constitution to potentially allow for secession. Its a childish effort to make a point. The Texas and Oklahoma movements to secede were just as foolish.

The time and money would be much better spent contacting one of the wonderful ladies of ECCIE but that's just one monger's opinion.
  • Old-T
  • 08-05-2017, 11:37 AM
@OP - The term Calexit is nothing more than hype. Did you actually read the story?

A bunch of fucktards in California want to change some wording in their state constitution to potentially allow for secession. Its a childish effort to make a point. The Texas and Oklahoma movements to secede were just as foolish.

The time and money would be much better spent contacting one of the wonderful ladies of ECCIE but that's just one monger's opinion. Originally Posted by texmwm
Be very careful! If you make too many sane posts in this forum you will be expelled!

(But thanks for getting this on in here.)

A bunch of fucktards in California want to change some wording in their state constitution to potentially allow for secession. Originally Posted by texmwm
So? They want to be Latin Americanish! They are headed there.
So? They want to be Latin Americanish! They are headed there. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Dude, don't get me started! I've lived in West Texas most of my life and I can assure you the border is well EAST and NORTH of the Rio Grande.
Dude, don't get me started! I've lived in West Texas most of my life and I can assure you the border is well EAST and NORTH of the Rio Grande. Originally Posted by texmwm
"Dude" ... ?

Que lastime. Tu hablas Espanol tambien?
Hey, I know multiple dialects of slang.

Oye, conozco varios dialectos de argot.
Getting a bit myopic, are we?

Fires are across the western 1000 miles of the US, not at all limited to CA. Montana burning. The Los Alamos fire in New Mexico.
Originally Posted by Old-T

True the # of states getting forest fires is greatly expanding, year after year.. Right along with the # of states getting flooded out..
WHICH IS WHY i still can't understand why no one in charge, has thought// "GEE lets put in pipelines, so when state X gets lots of heavy flooding rain, we can THEN PUMP THE EXCESS to CA/NM/AX/UT etc, to try and get rid of the bloody drought??
And I suspect there were a few federal dolars spent on Katrina, and Sandy, the I-95 flooding in SC two years ago, and three sepeate floods in St Louis in the past few decades. How often is federal aid repeated year after year in the Keys and the Outer Banks? Originally Posted by Old-T
And those were all cause of disasters. BUT As i said, IF CA want's to seceed from the US, then they should NO LONGER BE eligible for any disaster aid from the fed..

I don't have the dollar figures, but I suspect CA is not at the top of the federal aid list either. Originally Posted by Old-T
I'd honestly love to know how much has been spent.. State by state. I suspect all those states in the center who keep gettin smacked year after year after year by Tornado's would top it..
Yea, right! You mean "the point" you wish you had made. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I made a basic point that you felt the need to add some trivia that really doesn't matter much.

Jim
I made a basic point that you felt the need to add some trivia that really doesn't matter much.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Of course, you'd say that. It's the internet. Only what you have to post matters, right?

And California's initiative is merely more government conspiracy?
Of course, you'd say that. It's the internet. Only what you have to post matters, right?

And California's initiative is merely more government conspiracy? Originally Posted by LexusLover
That's right it's the Internet. Without it you couldn't post anything.

Jim
That's right it's the Internet. Without it you couldn't post anything.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I used the phone. I would receive and return calls.

Didn't have to wade through a bunch of hogwash about "conspiracies"!