Who's The Best Rock Group In The World?

Meg, If I cum over will you crank it up? And then turn up the music!
@ Juan Pablo de Marco:

Wait a minute...you're telling me that Steven Tyler, the judge on "American Idol," is in a rock band? The guy we call Uncle Salty? Dream on, dude.
@ Juan Pablo de Marco:

Wait a minute...you're telling me that Steven Tyler, the judge on "American Idol," is in a rock band? The guy we call Uncle Salty? Dream on, dude. Originally Posted by TexasT
well...that's what uncle salty told me.
Many, many, good ones......a few great ones.......and the start of a first song at a Stone's concert makes the hair on your neck stand up!
But I do like!! Originally Posted by Prolongus
We will like each other
also Queen and The Who
and Lynyrd Skynyrd
Saw the Toadies in the early 90s in Cowtown, awesome homegown talent.
I see Journey list a few times, one of my favorite live songs has to be - Don't stop Believin.
Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd There is nothing out there like that stuff now adays

As of todays current music which pales badly than back in the day
Tool and NIN are the best things out there
Sex Pistols (punk, I know) Originally Posted by Dharma
Wow, a female really likes the Pistols? AND Offspring? I love them both.

Surprised nobody said Nugent. Having grown up in Oak Cliff, Nuge sold out the first Texas Jam in the Cotton Bowl and has been a Dallas staple.

The internet killed 'Supergroup' Rock. Its just too available. U2 will be the last rock supergroup.
Wow, a female really likes the Pistols? AND Offspring? I love them both.

Surprised nobody said Nugent. Having grown up in Oak Cliff, Nuge sold out the first Texas Jam in the Cotton Bowl and has been a Dallas staple.

The internet killed 'Supergroup' Rock. Its just too available. U2 will be the last rock supergroup. Originally Posted by gnadfly
the Nuge can play a mean guitar, i'll give him that...but he's a pathetic excuse of a person. and U2 sold out long ago.

the ramones! one of the best bands in the land ever.
Yes, the Pistols! Dead Kennedys, Misfits, DOA, I have a list. My hair was blue and spiked and I could hold my own in any pit.

I still love my rock though
Thanks for all the very interesting replies. I like what gnadfly said; the internet makes music so available, a band can go viral and then flame out before ever reaching their potential. I think MTV has to take some of the blame too; bands too concerned with their video image failed to make music of lasting value.

The old method (release a single/album, followed by word of mouth, perhaps a TV appearance and then touring so the fans could actually see you) was replaced by an initial video release. The experience of actually 'listening' to a song first and creating a mental landscape to it was greatly reduced.

But Good God, how hard can it be? A killer singer, a creative/passionate guitar player and a solid rhythm section. There's always a desire for great rock music. I mean, I don't hate hip hop or country, but rock gets your blood pumping. I'll stack up the worst song by AC/DC against the best song by any group out there right now. Just wish someone would step up and blow me away.
Many, many, good ones......a few great ones.......and the start of a first song at a Stone's concert makes the hair on your neck stand up! Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
Man, +1 to the Stones...saw them in 1975. One of best openings ever...lights went down, the speakers starting blaring out the theme from 2001: Space Odyssey...went quiet, then a single spotlight shinned on Keith Richards as he
slowly started "Honky Tonk Woman"...never saw a crowd go NUTS like that as each spotlight shinned on each member, then finally Mick as he jumped over the back speakers to the front of the stage...talk about hair-raising! EVERY girl was screaming her lungs out. Jeez, I miss those days.
Anything that the Great Dimebag Darrell had graced with his phenomenal prowess on guitar (i.e. Pantera,Damageplan, and Cowboys From Hell with David Allen Coe)! Anything Dave Grohl has done also(Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, and maybe Nirvana). Killswitch Engage is another good one from the 2000's that helped change the landscape of the heavy rock scene And for my last pick would be Senses Fail for their twisted story like lyricism and great musical landscape. There is good music out there just gotta look for it. Radio and tv tend to force feed bullshit music with the "in look" for that moment then change it out as soon as the next big thing comes rolling in. Just my .02. That's my short version of it because I could go on and on.
The Sword - Austin, TX
DOWN - NOLA