Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: Sheriff Reports Biggest Crowds In Years As Fauci ‘Very Concerned’ Event Will Cause New Surge

Might want to educate yourself just a bit Originally Posted by royamcr
The article confirmed that it’s a land pipeline. It crosses everything from outhouses to small rivers, but that’s only a tiny fraction of it’s length.
  • Tiny
  • 08-16-2021, 11:44 AM
Rails don't go under the Missouri river either. By rail, the whole train isn't going to spring a leak. If one tank leaks it can be contained or moved to where it is less harmful. I guess a whole train could derail, doesn't mean the tanks would leak though. Since 2000, there have been at least 21 railway spills and 734 pipeline spills of crude oil over 1,000 gallons. So by stats, rail seems to be much safer as far as not spilling. The burning of diesel fuel to run the trains I suppose is valid.

Pretty much we have all the oil we can handle from shale extraction. We already export a lot of it. Originally Posted by royamcr
Hey Royamcr, I'm not an expert on this, and just googled it, but a lot of the info was written by oil and pipeline companies and groups. This looks like an unbiased source, from the Department of Transportation:

https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phms...line-32019.pdf

Take a look at the table on page 8. From 2007 to 2016, it shows .001% of volumes transported by pipeline spilled, and .0076% of volumes transported by rail spilled.

Again, I'm not expert, but understand the major oil pipelines are constantly monitored with automatic leak detection equipment, so isolating a spill usually can occur quickly and without much damage.

About your post, there's about 50 to 60 times more oil transported by pipeline than rail, so, yes, the total amount spilled by pipelines is higher than rails. Still, based on the % of oil transported that's spilled, the pipelines are much safer.
A public health issue should have never been a political weapon.

If we had been united against the virus we could have saved millions lives.
A public health issue should have never been a political weapon.

If we had been united against the virus we could have saved millions lives. Originally Posted by beguilingeyes
Never let crisis go to waste. ~Democrat Rahm Emanuel.
  • oeb11
  • 08-16-2021, 12:06 PM
You realize it's in side a pipe right? I mean that's the definition of a pipeline.

We have plenty of other pipelines in the US, but this one didn't offer the Democrats any means of graft so it had to be shut down. Wouldn't want low gas prices for the plebes.

You support a criminal enterprise. Good job, fuckwit. Originally Posted by texassapper

'r' - you attempts at argument as speciously self centered
and teh 'fuckwit' name-calling - although typical of many DPST posters - and many different epithets cast -

- is still offensive, inappropriate name-calling, and not consistent with any rational debate or the 'Rules"

Please Grow up - get a mirror and an education. One who writes demeaning, insulting name-calling - cannot be taken seriously by anyone other than themselves - and their own coterie of name-calling DPSTs - bereft of any cogent, constructive thought or contributions.
Please Grow up - get a mirror and an education. One who writes demeaning, insulting name-calling - cannot be taken seriously by anyone other than themselves - and their own coterie of name-calling DPSTs - bereft of any cogent, constructive thought or contributions. Originally Posted by oeb11
You do realize you're on a Hooker board not at the Harvard Debate club right?

Worry about yourself, Pops. If I thought there was even the slightest chance of changing one of these morons minds I'd be a little more civil, but The jagbags that want to fundamentally change America won't be satisfied until they've eliminated their opposition.

You may not understand it, but that doesn't change reality. I'd be happy if they just let people be, but that's not in their nature. They have to control people... and that always ends in gulags and re-education camps.

So at the very least, I will make fun of their stupid ideas, incompetent leadership, venal behaviour and abhorrent ideals.

And as my mother would ask... Who died and left you in charge?
  • oeb11
  • 08-16-2021, 12:35 PM
ta - my comments were directed at another poster

Not at you
No offense taken.

My mistake - I attributed the name to 'r' - from whom it would be consistent.
You do realize you're on a Hooker board not at the Harvard Debate club right?

Worry about yourself, Pops. If I thought there was even the slightest chance of changing one of these morons minds I'd be a little more civil, but The jagbags that want to fundamentally change America won't be satisfied until they've eliminated their opposition.

You may not understand it, but that doesn't change reality. I'd be happy if they just let people be, but that's not in their nature. They have to control people... and that always ends in gulags and re-education camps.

So at the very least, I will make fun of their stupid ideas, incompetent leadership, venal behaviour and abhorrent ideals.

And as my mother would ask... Who died and left you in charge? Originally Posted by texassapper
ta - my comments were directed at another poster

Not at you
No offense taken.

My mistake - I attributed the name to 'r' - from whom it would be consistent. Originally Posted by oeb11

• oeb11
  • 08-16-2021, 01:08 PM
My, My - from One who is perfect and never , ever admits an 'error' - no matter what.

Must be jesus christ himself posting on this forum!