Fancy's Irish Palace of Pleasure has gone the way of Atlantis -- underwater!

... Just curious, but Fancy, how high was the water level on your walls? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Wasn't that bad, less than a foot, maybe 8-10 inches in the living room, just under the electric sockets, or might have been a more "shocking" experience. (The power for my building in the complex was off overnight, until an electrician did an inspection.) A wee bit less, 6-8 inches, in rooms farther away from the sliding patio door. The water came in from there, went up and down fast, didn't sit. Made me cringe to see whole first floors of apartments on TV going under and remaining lakes for hours/days. I feel SO bad for those people. They lost everything.

Even a little water can cause a lot of destruction! The biggest problem is that moisture continues to "wick up" walls and furnishings well after a flood event itself. Only reason that I had to toss my mattress set is because I had a floor-length bedskirt and comforter that pulled the wetness right on up. Once the carpet and sheetrock were removed and blowers and dehumidifiers went to work, further damage was contained. Anything paper, padded, or made of lightweight, porous material went to the dumpster, although I took my vintage leather library couch and matching ottoman to a professional restoration company to see what could be done. My iron furniture just required a good cleaning and rust-prevention treatment, while the heavy antique oak items will need some refinishing. Stuff I had in low drawers became gloppy messes, and most of that I didn't even try to save. (Going to have to "reconstruct" receipts for the good old IRS when I do my taxes. Submitted an extension.) Modern furnishings, like my pressed-wood bookcases and file cabinet, my desk chair, an end table, swelled and smelled, so out they went. Anything above the 3-foot mark, like my wall art, bar, kitchen, electronics, things on upper shelves or hanging high in the closet (most of my Fancy heels ), survived fine.

My washer and dryer are going on strike next week, they said. Been in continuous usage since Monday, curtains, clothes, linens, bedding, throw rugs... I think my dry cleaner will be going on vacation in Tahiti with what I've paid him to launder my dresses and RenFest costumes.

So, Fancy, are you saying the water went deeper than your average john?
So, Fancy, are you saying the water went deeper than your average john? Originally Posted by Mythos
BwahaHahaha!
So sorry to hear of your loss and all the work and expense that are required to remedy the situation. Good luck with you hunt for a new place and I hope all works out for the best.

Take care and be careful don't push yourself beyond what you can handle as worse than this if you get injured all will seem 10 times harder and take much longer.

Prayers and thoughts are with you.
Well maybe we can do some doubles at my incall when I visit

Hope life gets back to normal for ya soon babe!
Hello everyone. I just received a phone call from Fancy in which she asked me to relay the following.

Her residence out in the boondocks had a tree crash though her roof and landed on her bed. She is safe however, she is currently dealing with two back-to-back weather crisis, so she asks for your patience on her return to the board. Her power is out, and it could be quite some time -weeks or months (according to her words)- before it can be restored. I told her that the news estimated at least 109,000 customers were without power currently. She has not been able to see what's going on via television and is currently just doing what she can to relocate her chihuahuas to a safe place in the meantime, as well as find a place to stay this evening. She said she is not asking for help or pity, but just wants you to know it may be a while before she gets back on her feet. She also stressed that the gentleman would do better to use other ladies for references as she will have a difficult time replying to reference requests during this time.

There are many others currently in the same situation, so please keep them all in your thoughts and help if possible.

Have a safe and wonderful day everyone!
Thanks YM for the update. Bad things do happen to good people. Please keep the one's of care up to date.
I hope it will seem to her, later on, that April2016 was no more than her lifetime ration of shit luck all at once. Sort of like the people of Drogheda after Cromwell's visit. Those who survived. Ok, not that bad.
How very awful! Poor Fancy. My heart goes out to her. I really hope she is able to sort things out soon. I will keep her in my prayers.
Dammit!

I tried to meet Miss Fancy when I was in town a couple of years ago and got cock blocked by work.

I'm finally going to be back in town next week and she's out of commission. Now I need a plan B.
Dammit!

I tried to meet Miss Fancy when I was in town a couple of years ago and got cock blocked by work.

I'm finally going to be back in town next week and she's out of commission. Now I need a plan B. Originally Posted by RafaelH
I think her need for plan C & D trumps your desire for plan B. There is an ISO section for that. Good luck.
that's fucking ridiculous

they must want you GONE Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
That happened to me last year when it flood and that was my private residence they do that to anybody. Fancy is a good woman so I know that's not the case somr property is like that.
Hello everyone. I just received a phone call from Fancy in which she asked me to relay the following. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
If that doesn't tell her that she needs to move to another city that has better weather or a better infrastructure, then nothing will.

You shouldn't buy a home in close proximity to tall trees.
Yikes. Parts of Houston are just an issue right now...sadly, looks like we'll have round three on Saturday. Building a city on a swamp is not ideal...sheesh.