Green Energy versus Permian Basin Blues and fossil fuels

• Tiny
  • 02-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Why do you think China is working so hard on green energy? Because they know how big a problem pollution is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rene...nergy_in_China

That is why we should have signed on to the TPP and Paris Climate deals.

To moniter other polluting countries , not so we can pollute more. Originally Posted by WTF
If I were dictator, I definitely would have signed onto TPP. I don't know much about Paris Climate, but suspect exiting was stupid. Our increased reliance on natural gas versus coal has been drastically reducing our carbon emissions, so maybe we would have met our agreed goals anyway. And by exiting we lost a seat at the table. In any event, there was no enforcement mechanism for the Paris accord, so if you didn't comply there was really no downside. Probably getting out of it was done mostly for domestic political purposes.
If I were dictator, I definitely would have signed onto TPP. I don't know much about Paris Climate, but suspect exiting was stupid. Our increased reliance on natural gas versus coal has been drastically reducing our carbon emissions, so maybe we would have met our agreed goals anyway. And by exiting we lost a seat at the table. In any event, there was no enforcement mechanism for the Paris accord, so if you didn't comply there was really no downside. Probably getting out of it was done mostly for political purposes. Originally Posted by Tiny
Of course getting out of it was largely political, just like the original getting into it with the short stick for the USA funding massive portions of it's goals.

I would certainly prefer to pull out of the bad deal, than be perceived as a country not meeting it's agreed to obligations. But if that's how you want to roll by saying no enforcement, and reneging then have at it.
  • Tiny
  • 02-24-2019, 03:13 PM
I would certainly prefer to pull out of the bad deal, than be perceived as a country not meeting it's agreed to obligations. But if that's how you want to roll by saying no enforcement, and reneging then have at it. Originally Posted by eccielover
What can I say, I long for the days of Henry Kissinger and realpolitik. And if hypothetically if I'm dictator then I call the shots.
I think that was what the Paris Climate Accord was addressing.

If not, it sure shoulda been.
Originally Posted by WTF
For the U.S. to unilaterally bear the economic costs of compliance while China, et al, were given a pass was bullshit.

Of course getting out of it was largely political, just like the original getting into it with the short stick for the USA funding massive portions of it's goals.

I would certainly prefer to pull out of the bad deal, than be perceived as a country not meeting it's agreed to obligations. But if that's how you want to roll by saying no enforcement, and reneging then have at it. Originally Posted by eccielover
+1
For the U.S. to unilaterally bear the economic costs of compliance while China, et al, were given a pass was bullshit.

+1 Originally Posted by I B Hankering

The USA once led by example, not follow.
The USA once led by example, not follow. Originally Posted by bamscram
The U.S. has met the goals of the Paris agreement without belonging to it. Put that fact in your hat and smoke it.

Bloomberg: U.S. Meeting Paris Climate Goals Without Being Part of the Agreement

December 30, 2018 10:45 am

Former New York City Mayor and possible 2020 candidate Michael Bloomberg said Sunday that the United States is meeting the goals of Paris Climate Accords despite withdrawing from the agreement.

(Free Beacon)
The USA once led by example, not follow. Originally Posted by bamscram
And I think in this instance we are leading again by example. Pull out of a bullshit agreement rather than fund and cow tow to the rest of the world.

Pulling out is certainly a powerful lead.
we Libertarians Originally Posted by WTF

YEAH RIGHT!!
Pulling out is what Trump’s old man should have done.
Yeah now the dallas mayor is jumping on board IDOICY , he should fix the pot holes
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2019, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
We are still in it Paris Climate Accord....can not leave until 2020.

It was a no brainer to stay in. But we did not.

TPP was not the most worker friendly pact.
We are still in it Paris Climate Accord....can not leave until 2019.

It was a no brainer to stay in. But we did not.

TPP was not the most worker friendly pact. Originally Posted by WTF
FTFY
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2019, 09:33 AM
FTFY Originally Posted by I B Hankering
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Says here a fay after the presidential elections in November 2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Says here a fay after the presidential elections in November 2020 Originally Posted by WTF
Trump has already told them the U.S. is withdrawing, and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
Perhaps there’s a damned thing WE can do about it.

And what does this have to do with fracking the Permian Basin, IBH?

You’re off topic again.

Nobody’s interested in another pissing match with a broken record, but Trump’s authority is not absolute and you are off topic.