Why Do the Libtards Keep Lying About Bush?

• WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Can't do it, can you fagboy? You take so much pleasure in calling Bush a liar that you can't be honest and admit what was NOT a lie. m. Originally Posted by lustylad
For the up tenth time....let me explain that you can tell a lie and not be a liar. There were no WMD'S in Iraq as your article pointed out. So if you had said there were...you lied. If you thought you were telling the truth as you assert Bush thought he was then he told a lie but was not a liar.

Not to difficult a concept to grasp but you Bush apologists sure are having a hard time with it. I thought the dick analogy would help you cocksuckers out...guess not.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 04:57 PM
he did flip flop

he said bush was wrong and added, "lying or not" he was wrong
so he was equivocating on the lie Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
"Lying or not" pertained to the significance of whether Bush purposefully lied or was just parroting false information....or what one might call magnifying in this case a falsehood or what is called a lie where I come from. Did you boys teachers give you credit for false answer's just because you thought it to be correct? God damn if so that would explain a lot. I bet you boys got a trophy and a hug for finishing last.

From my perspective getting the actual truth correct was imperative, not what you thought to be the truth....especially when it comes to preemptive war.

But that concept seems to be above you boys pay grade.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 05:06 PM
So who did you vote for in 2004? Anyone? Ralph Nader? With a two party system it isn't likely that there is going to be a one issue candidate or only one issue to vote for. More was at stake in 2004.

As a side note, the issue of whether or not the invasion was justified was not even a consideration in the 2004 elections. It's a strawman argument to make that case. You'd have a stronger argument pointing to those who voted for McCain in 2008.

What was at issue about the war was the U.N.'s role and building a coalition of the willing.
Other major and probably more hotly debated issues at the time were, Homeland Security and The Patriot Act, Partial birth abortion, Immigration, Healthcare, Defining Marriage, Job growth, Energy, Environment and No Child Left behind which was probably one of the major criticisms of Bush's first term. Originally Posted by boardman
All chicken feed compared to the concept of preemptive war. But that is just my perspective on the matter , maybe abortion or Gay marriage were your flash points in 2004. Hopefully that is not all you have
For the up tenth time....let me explain that you can tell a lie and not be a liar. There were no WMD'S in Iraq as your article pointed out. So if you had said there were...you lied. If you thought you were telling the truth as you assert Bush thought he was then he told a lie but was not a liar.

Not to difficult a concept to grasp but you Bush apologists sure are having a hard time with it. I thought the dick analogy would help you cocksuckers out...guess not. Originally Posted by WTF
From dictionary.com
Lie
noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.
Antonyms: truth.

Deliberate intent to deceive. If you make a statement that is deliberately intended to deceive it is a lie and you are a liar. There is no room for parsing or interpretation. The definition is pretty conclusive. No, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.
All chicken feed compared to the concept of preemptive war. But that is just my perspective on the matter , maybe abortion or Gay marriage were your flash points in 2004. Hopefully that is not all you have Originally Posted by WTF
You continue to point to what you present as facts. Namely that WMD's were an issue in the 2004 elections. That simply isn't the case. You are wrong. That's all I need.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 07:38 PM
From dictionary.com
Lie
noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.

Deliberate intent to deceive. If you make a statement that is deliberately intended to deceive it is a lie and you are a liar. There is no room for parsing or interpretation. The definition is pretty conclusive. No, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. Originally Posted by boardman
I have already been through this with other nitwits. When I get to my computer I will educate you on different definition (s). Btw according to your definition a falsehood is a lie. WMD'S in Iraq were a falsehood...or another word for falsehood is lie. You can't seem to see the forest for the tree's.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM
You continue to point to what you present as facts. Namely that WMD's were an issue in the 2004 elections. That simply isn't the case. You are wrong. That's all I need. Originally Posted by boardman
Preemptive war may not have been an issue to you in 2004 but it was to me. You do understand that there is a difference between me saying preemptive war was an issue for me in 2004 and you lying about me saying WMD'S were an issue for me in 2004. I have no idea if you are doing it intentionally or are mistaken like GWB.
Preemptive war may not have been an issue to you in 2004 but it was to me. You do understand that there is a difference between me saying preemptive war was an issue for me in 2004 and you lying about me saying WMD'S were an issue for me in 2004. I have no idea if you are doing it intentionally or are mistaken like GWB. Originally Posted by WTF
No, I don't understand that. It is an invalid statement. Your way of stating it doesn't change the validity.

You've repeatedly made the argument that Bush lied and those that voted for him supported that lie. You do realize that a major issue on the minds of Americans in 2004 was terrorism and what we were going to do about it not the failure to find WMDs? You do understand the majority of Americans felt that Iraq was an existential threat for us and our allies in the middle east and Israel and there were many other issues on the ballot at that time not just the war in Iraq? You do understand that a majority of American feel that Iran and ISIS are existential threats as well? You do realize that the agencies that are tasked with keepiing America safe are concerned with terrorism moving onto our shores? Statements to that fact were made as recently today. Our governmental agencies make these determinations based on the best intelligence they have available to them. Those agencies are far removed from the Bush administration and under the direction of Barak "Neville Chamerlain" Obama and continue to deliver the same basic assessments. What intelligence do you have?

Now is the point at which you find an out from your previous ridiculous arguments, call me a war monger and say that I am afraid of threats that don't exist. Lightening and snake bites and such. Before you go there understand I am not telling you what I think, I'm telling you what the intelligence community thinks. That happens to shape policy.

What did Bush lie about that was an issue in the 2004 election in regards to the war in Iraq that you knew about but none of the rest of the country or world for that matter knew?
When you are called on your 2004 WMD argument you spin your story to the preemptive argument. When you are presented with obvious evidence that preemptive war was supported by the majority of Americans and Congress based on the intelligence we had at the time you want to start arguing semantics and what a fucking lie is. Your argument gets weaker and weaker as you are shown that you are wrong yet you double down on the stupid premises. At what point do you finally realize that your arguments are convincing no one and that not even the liberals on this board who are Bush haters are willing to support you?

You seem to revel in being the loner, the martyr willing to take on your cause at any and all costs. It would be an admirable trait if you could make a convincing argument.

A lie is an intentional deception. I don't care how you spin it, it is what it is. It takes both to make a lie, deception and intent. Now you could argue that any deception is intentional and I wouldn't argue with that. However, you will never convince me that a person can tell a lie unintentionally but go ahead give it your best shot. You may believe there is a different definition of a lie but that would simply make you wrong, not a liar.

You do understand that being wrong is not intentional deception it is simply being wrong based on what you think you know?
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
So radical Muslim's are not lying when they say 72 Virgins await them just because they believe it so? Flat Earth erstwhile weren't lying...I could go on and on
From dictionary.com
Lie

Deliberate intent to deceive. If you make a statement that is deliberately intended to deceive it is a lie and you are a liar. There is no room for parsing or interpretation. The definition is pretty conclusive. No, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. Originally Posted by boardman
Once you bring Webster's into it, you've lost. I agree that we shouldn't have gone to Iraq. I can't say with any certainty whether Bush knew he was lying or was simply repeating bad information. And neither can you. That's the cold, hard truth. You just don't know. And we probably never will.
For the up tenth time....let me explain that you can tell a lie and not be a liar. There were no WMD'S in Iraq as your article pointed out. So if you had said there were...you lied. If you thought you were telling the truth as you assert Bush thought he was then he told a lie but was not a liar. Originally Posted by WTF

Oh wow.... why don't we look up the legal definition of a lie? I seem to recall lying under oath is called perjury. Do you think under the law there is no difference between making a statement that you have every reason to believe is true and making a statement that you know to be untrue? (Hint - only one is a crime.) Why do you think every political scandal since Watergate asks the question “what did he know and when did he know it?”

Lying is a deliberate attempt to deceive. I've never heard a libtard try to split hairs like you and say Bush told a lie but he wasn't a liar. They just say “Bush lied” and leave out the second part. Which is a deliberate attempt to deceive. Which makes THEM the liars, not Bush.

Help me out here, fagboy. What does that libtard bumper sticker say? Is it “Bush lied, people died” or is it “Bush lied but he isn't a liar”?

Not to difficult a concept to grasp but you Bush apologists sure are having a hard time with it. I thought the dick analogy would help you cocksuckers out...guess not. Originally Posted by WTF
That's correct a liar can only be a liar if intentions are to mislead or deceive by design. As far as Bush and the WMD it no longer really matters that's water under the bridge.

Jim
I can't say with any certainty whether Bush knew he was lying or was simply repeating bad information. And neither can you. That's the cold, hard truth. You just don't know. And we probably never will. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Nonsense. If he had known the intelligence was wrong, he would not have used it to make his case to the American people. To suggest he would have deliberately set out to embarrass himself and make himself look stupid defies common sense.
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2015, 07:26 AM
opps
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Nonsense. If he had known the intelligence was wrong, he would not have used it to make his case to the American people. To suggest he would have deliberately set out to embarrass himself and make himself look stupid defies common sense. Originally Posted by lustylad
You do understand that folks want to bring what the Big Boss wants to hear? You remember how Bush treated Gen. Eric Shinseki after he correctly said what the real number of troops that would be needed in Iraq? Take GW for instance, there are members in this forum that think the Department of Defense is just providing the Obama administration with data they want to hear when they say that GW is potentially Apocalyptic http://grist.org/article/pentagoners/ ...Oh wait that was in 2004 to the GWB admin. They choose to ignore it or another word that could be used to describe it is maybe Cherry Pick from it.

Whom ever said election have consequences was spot on.