22 too young for hobbying?

I rather see older man than younger but good luck to you sweetie
I rather see older man than younger but good luck to you sweetie Originally Posted by Selena51
Selena: I don't have my AARP card yet, nor any references neither. Could I just show you a driver's license proving I am middle-aged?

(Hey, it was worth a shot.)
I've been told this for the 4th time now, hell, some people won't even see me because of my age. Is there a bad stereotype about guys my age around here?

I'm constantly being told I should go get a girlfriend, it's much cheaper, etc. Maybe I'm young and I just want to have fun without all of the hassle? Originally Posted by jb20
I would disagree with those who say getting a GF is cheaper, it can be much more expensive.......IF I was 22 again, I would do this. Find the Tom Leykis internet radio show, Google should do it for you, and read and listen to the Leykis 101 dating rules. I applied them later in life and they still work. It will teach you how to get more tail for less money.....good luck!!
JB20 - There are a couple of things you need to do when you get into the hobby. I made a few mistakes in the past and hope that others do not make the same mistakes.

1) Get a hobby phone -- You should not need to worry about ladies calling you on your personal phone. That could get embarrassing if a lady calls you and you are with somebody you do not want to know about you hobbying. It is also for your personal safety. Your activity with a lady will be less traceable if you have a hobby phone. That is especially true if a girl you have seen gets busted.

2) Research like hell -- It is far better to spend a bunch of time looking for that right lady that is a match than to waste time or money with somebody that does not work out well for you. Furthermore, you need to do a lot of research to see to it that you are in a safe situation. Some ladies do have pimps and have robbed guys.

3) Don't get too attached to any of ladies -- A lot of them already have boyfriends or are married. They do not need or want another real relationship. Furthermore, some of them might use your personal attachment to them to try to take advantage of you.

4) Don't tell anybody about hobbying -- Friends today could be enemies tomorrow. That is something that could be used against you even if you are single.

Good luck and most important be safe!
Any guy in his early 20s (hell any guy under 50) with enough money to hobby, who can't get laid easily by civvies, is a sad case. It doesn't matter if he's not gorgeous. These days, any guy who's willing to spend some money can get laid and go home. It astounds me to keep seeing these posts from young guys. If that sounds insensitive, well sorry. Originally Posted by Bobave
Yeah, and any guy with a rifle can go hunting.

But there's no guarantee that he will be successful. And even if he is, he'll still need to spend time on traveling, cooking, cleaning up, etc. Sometimes it's easier, more convenient, and more pleasurable to just go to a good restaurant and order whatever you want.

What was it Chalie Sheen said. He's not paying them to have sex with him. He's paying them to go away when he's finished. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Exactly!

The "hobbying" idea would have appealed to me when I was in my 20s (1970s.) Of course, the sexual revolution that began in the 1960s was in full bloom. Being a single guy in Dallas was like being a fat kid in an ice cream shop with a $20 bill. I met more girls than you could imagine in Dallas's popular clubs and discos.

But those activities entailed spending more time than I wanted, and in many cases staying up later than was ideal. On weekdays, I needed to get up by 6:30 am and be ready to hit the ground running, as I had ambitious career goals like most of the rest of us.

On some evenings, it would have been very nice to just have someone come over for an hour, enjoy some fun, and then hit the sack early enough to get some needed sleep.

By the time I was in my early 30s I figured that out and found a balance between "civilian dating" and P4P that worked for me.
I started in my later twenties, and it's all about moderation. Unless you try to get it on every week, it can be completely cheaper than a GF but without the hassles. I can go out and get a relationship if I wanted to, but sometimes you just want to get your groove on with a hottie without having to deal with "the morning after". Let alone roll the dice on her skills in the sack - these ladies are professionals and know what they are doing.

GL, HF enjoying the hobby, but remember - it can be expensive so while you are young keep it in moderation.