Your favorite firearm for home defense and why

• grean
  • 01-19-2018, 12:18 AM

"Point and shoot" - not really - at 12-15' you're getting a circular pattern around 2.5 - 3.5 inches in diameter. Please aim.
Originally Posted by mtabsw
But if you're worried about missing with with a shotgun at 4 or 5 yards you sure as hell have no business trying to hit someone with a handgun or rifle for that matter.
I agree about shotgun being a good home defense weapon especially over a handgun because of its efficiency - i.e. people who get hit stay down.

But I also have to point out a few facts vs legends.

"Point and shoot" - not really - at 12-15' you're getting a circular pattern around 2.5 - 3.5 inches in diameter. Please aim.

"Don't have to worry about penetrating walls" 00 to #4 buck will go thru FOUR dry walls - 8 sheets of sheetrock.

Take a look at this website - https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box...e-box-o-truth/ Originally Posted by mtabsw
First round/ shoot should be Bird Shot. Second and the rest 00 Buck
Cocking the gun wil Say. Hey mother fucker I know your here and now you know I got a sweeper.

1st Shot will say Hey Mother fucker I can’t miss with this
Get the fuck down the road
2nd Shot after the first 2 warnings didn’t work will say
GOODBYE MOTHERFUCKER You picked the wrong one

It’s dark they are dressed in black.
Hand guns are hard to shoot in the dark.
If you miss and trust me
You will.
Adrenaline is rushing. Your scared
Your aim is off.

The boogeyman?
Not his first rodeo. This is the shit he does nightly
He calm. Sees your flash. PowPow
Another homeowner gone

Shotgun ?
Point in simply the right direction
Problem solved

Before anyone replies how great they are at the pistol at the range
Trust me life and death situation is different

Try this
Hop on a treadmill, run at 6 for a minute 7 for a minute 8 for a minute
Now after 3 simple minutes your awake your heart is racing your adrenaline is jacked.
You have 30 seconds after jumping off treadmill to not place a bulls eye
But just hit the damm target
A 120 lb Rottweiler keeps my darling safe when I'm away. I never worry. And he sleeps in my lap and keeps me warm.
Get one of these and get a 100 round drum magazine to go with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxQNYPYFq1c
I have neurological issues, affecting my hands and arms, that make it difficult to operate firearms that have to be cycled. I have this shotgun, loaded with 00 buckshot. It is very simple to operate.
https://www.impactguns.com/stoeger-d...084310886.aspx
Yes, it only holds two shots. Hopefully that is enough. I keep the gun by my bed. I guess I think a break-in [when I'm home] is most likely to happen while I'm sleeping. I will not go 'hunting' for bad guys. My plan is to hide behind the bed with the gun aimed at the bedroom door. If someone came through the door they would be 12 feet away, with a bed between us. Hopefully that's a tactical advantage for me. I do not want to shoot anyone but I would if my life depended on it.
I don’t have a lot of expertise with firearms. I have just recently started going to gun ranges. Interested in hearing from more experienced voices. I have a home so don’t need to worry about a round hitting a neighbor that Is only separated by drywall. Originally Posted by Snafu75
Due to recommendation from atty, snub-nose 357 revolver w/hollow points/ polymer tips. Easy to conceal, stop a truck &.......................... ... no shell casings left at the scene.

Cheers
.357 w .357 rounds is hard to handle , shoot 38 special rounds
Go to an indoor gun range & rent a few weapons. What is comfortable for you? Practice, practice, practice. Some indoor gun ranges have lights that you can dim to practice in low light conditions. Long gins (rifle, shotguns) are less practical in tight quarters. As far as what size round to use? Any will do, but use the heaviest bullet with the slowest muzzle velocity you can get in that size. Slow heavy bullets tend to knock a body back where a fast light bullet has a higher chance of going all the way through. 1911 tend to be comfortable for most people & when chambered in .45 they do the job well.
Mossberg Maverick 88 12-gauge. 18 inch barrel. Easy to fire, the cocking of the gun is a deterrent in itself. Cheap pick up too
  • grean
  • 03-08-2018, 06:39 AM
A 120 lb Rottweiler keeps my darling safe when I'm away. I never worry. And he sleeps in my lap and keeps me warm. Originally Posted by WTOilMan
And you don't have to cover up any holes in your walls and you don't have to prewash dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. Win Win
Standard issue Sig 226. Works on bad guys on any continent.
  • grean
  • 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Standard issue Sig 226. Works on bad guys on any continent. Originally Posted by Reverseheadstock
237 shoot same round and fits in the night stand better.
Ya'll just let every pimp and thug that reads this board know what is in you homes.....lol Originally Posted by hardroad69
It ain't gonna be in my home - it's gonna be in my hand!!
OK shotgun fans, you talked me into it. Bought a Mossberg 500 last weekend with a optional pistol grip. Pump action and sure makes a sweet sound when you rack it.
Although, I'm not sure the pistol grip makes it any easier to handle. I have both but I put the pistol grip on it just for kicks and giggles.
ADT