134 arrested in DFW sting

The same thought I had reading thru the TC list of names.

I suspect the African American State Congresswoman from Houston who submitted this Bill before the House, was thinking this to be a Caucasian Dominated Criminal Activity is quite disappointed, it has mostly targeted men and women of color.

I say that as African American Lawmakers led the charge to decriminalize Pot as it being a Crime targeting persons of color. Originally Posted by ahab11
It’s quite possible that she was actually thought her legislation would reduce crime and human trafficking related to the sex trade. Also remember NO legislation becomes law in Texas unless it is supported by the republican leadership. Everything ain’t about race.
NO legislation becomes law in Texas unless it is supported by the republican leadership. Everything ain’t about race. Originally Posted by Golden Man
FACT!

It is disappointing to me, thought, that she didn't consider the cruel out-sized negative impact her Felony law would have on everyday Folk who attempt to exercize what should be a basic human right. I think we expect an AA Democrat to be more in-tune with that kind of issue. The Texas Republicans must be giddy that they got her Sponsorship on the Bill.
I have some different view on the bill,
I think bill itself has a good purpose, bust those human traffickers and those who FORCED a women to this business against their will ( pimp ).

Regarding race of this bill, sure this bill is mostly targeted women of color because there are likely be forced in the situation.

But I just do not agree felony charge for willing / consent sex between two ADULT when it is paid agree upon amount from providers.

Felony is a serious charge and I think above case does not meet a felony charge whatso ever
I have some different view on the bill,
I think bill itself has a good purpose, bust those human traffickers and those who FORCED a women to this business against their will ( pimp ).

Regarding race of this bill, sure this bill is mostly targeted women of color because there are likely be forced in the situation.

But I just do not agree felony charge when willing / consent sex between two ADULT when it is paid agree upon amount from providers.

Felony is a serious charge and I think above case does not meet a felony charge whatso ever Originally Posted by jp26lilac

Sure, to the extent it targets Trafficking and Pimps, it is a good intention. But it's Lazy legislation, it doesn't appear to be a serious effort to me.

By the way, it DOES NOT target women of color, or women at all. The law assumes women are innocent, trafficked, working against their will. It is Men that are targeted, with the idea that if there aren't buyers, selling evaporates. That's why SW's are bountiful in Dallas, they aren't guilty of anything, Cops just hand them a Bullshit Flyer with the names and numbers of ''resources'' to get them off the street.
Sure, to the extent it targets
By the way, it DOES NOT target women of color, or women at all. The law assumes women are innocent, trafficked, working against their will. It is Men that are targeted, with the idea that if there aren't buyers, selling evaporates. That's why SW's are bountiful in Dallas, they aren't guilty of anything, Cops just hand them a Bullshit Flyer with the names and numbers of ''resources'' to get them off the street. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Yeah could not agree more, I just moved to Dallas couple of months ago so have not ran into the cop yet but yet I think it is a wrong assumption to make all women are in this business against their will.
The SW can still be busted. The new law does not change the definition of prostitution or even solicitation. It just changed the penalty for the johns. Street walkers and SWers of all type still get busted.
I saw LE arresting SW on Shady Trail on Monday night (9/25). Not sure what she did....maybe exposing her self in public? There were plenty of other girls out walking around there.
Of course it's a Mistrial. But I still lose time, money and freedom. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
no risk, no gain.
no risk, no gain. Originally Posted by george6585
No debate there. I take issue with your seeming belief that a mistrial exonerates you. Even a not guilty verdict has you locked up, making bail, paying Lawyers, and dealing with arrest fallout.