• WTF
  • 02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Gotta love passive/aggressive behavior. Originally Posted by MsElena
We are all hypocrites, including you and I.

We did all take a hypocritic oath....ijs.
Deleted. Please close. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
Normally this is enough to close the thread. Gotta wonder what happened.
Normally this is enough to close the thread. Gotta wonder what happened. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Chica Chaser left ECCIE. That's what happened.

We are all hypocrites, including you and I.

Originally Posted by WTF

The NYC crew should get together again. IJS......
Normally this is enough to close the thread. Gotta wonder what happened. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
...and normally it was wrong.

Unless a hooktard is posting a rebuttal to a post in a section where she is not allowed to post, the theory is that a thread becomes the entwined intellectual fabric of everyone who posts in the thread.....not just the thread starter.

The thread starter does not get to dictate the conversation content with the availability of a thread lock as the final word......thinck before you post....ijs.

Unless a hooktard is posting a rebuttal to a post in a section where she is not allowed to post, the theory is that a thread becomes the entwined intellectual fabric of everyone who posts in the thread.....not just the thread starter.

The thread starter does not get to dictate the conversation content with the availability of a thread lock as the final word......thinck before you post....ijs. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Edit to add:

And who cares? People can post on this thread as much as they want.
I may as well start posting touring ads on here since it's getting national attention and the mods are keeping it open .

Didn't I already say it was hypocritical........2-3 pages ago:http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=40 or do you want to keep repeating what you said 2-3 pages ago? We all agreed it was a bit hypocritical. Now we should move on to something more positive.It's like some of you just want to be negative. This thread is how many days old? Please....get over it.

The thread starter does not get to dictate the conversation content with the availability of a thread lock as the final word......thinck before you post....ijs. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Holy shit.....wtf is in the air today..... we agree

But didn't I already say it was like........2-3 pages ago:http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=40 or do you want to keep repeating what you said 2-3 pages ago? We all agreed it was a bit hypocritical. Now we should move on to something more positive. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams

True but you also said you were done here!

Fact of the matter is a request is a request, whether or not it gets locked depends on the circumstances. This thread hasn't become a train wreck nor has it deviated from course furthermore there is no subject for discussion, therefore I don't see a need for it to be get a lock.
oh this is painful

This is correct..... as stated in the guidelines quoted a few times within this very post you can CLEARLY see the full nature of the rule... now there are some who did/do not read in detail that it is something that is merely "considered" not in fact the right of the OP to demand closure. Since the thread was started, then hrs later was edited and the topic deleted, it has now a thread with no core topic..... Since there is no flames, no infractions, and no drama there is no reason to close it..... as so eloquently stated above it is the property of EVERYONE who has posted within this thread, not just the OP.....

The goal is to NO have to shut threads down..... not have locked threads..... it has been done in the past because it was thought that it is an easier way to deal with drama/conflict when in fact it does the opposite in almost all cases..... The "Old guard" may have subscribed to the closing philosophy.... but that doesn't mean it was the right one.....

JaD
I may as well start posting touring ads on here since it's getting national attention and the mods are keeping it open Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
That's the only reason I have posted. Would you mind starting a similar thread in the Houston forum?
Chica Chaser left ECCIE. That's what happened. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
I didn't realize that.

So the (old) rule that the OP can have the thread closed no longer is in effect???? I guess threads will go on forever (unless JB is still around).

Edit to add:

I may as well start posting touring ads on here since it's getting national attention and the mods are keeping it open .

Didn't I already say it was hypocritical........2-3 pages ago:http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=40 or do you want to keep repeating what you said 2-3 pages ago? We all agreed it was a bit hypocritical. Now we should move on to something more positive.It's like some of you just want to be negative. This thread is how many days old? Please....get over it. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should have a button that automatically reposts a string of posts. You just enter the first and last post numbers you want to repeat, and they are automatically added to the thread.

True but you also said you were done here!

Fact of the matter is a request is a request, whether or not it gets locked depends on the circumstances. This thread hasn't become a train wreck nor has it deviated from course furthermore there is no subject for discussion, therefore I don't see a need for it to be get a lock. Originally Posted by mojojo213
I sure did and I decided to post again and again. So?
If it keeps getting bumped to the top - why not?
Please leave it open. Gives me an opportunity to post randoms pictures.
So the (old) rule that the OP can have the thread closed no longer is in effect???? I guess threads will go on forever (unless JB is still around).
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
In other words, since Chica is gone this site has gone to shit with moderation.Was never too fond of JB BUT at least he wouldn't let a thread like this one go on in D&T.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should have a button that automatically reposts a string of posts. You just enter the first and last post numbers you want to repeat, and they are automatically added to the thread. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
LOL!

This is correct..... as stated in the guidelines quoted a few times within this very post you can CLEARLY see the full nature of the rule... now there are some who did/do not read in detail that it is something that is merely "considered" not in fact the right of the OP to demand closure. Since the thread was started, then hrs later was edited and the topic deleted, it has now a thread with no core topic..... Since there is no flames, no infractions, and no drama there is no reason to close it..... as so eloquently stated above it is the property of EVERYONE who has posted within this thread, not just the OP.....

The goal is to NO have to shut threads down..... not have locked threads..... it has been done in the past because it was thought that it is an easier way to deal with drama/conflict when in fact it does the opposite in almost all cases..... The "Old guard" may have subscribed to the closing philosophy.... but that doesn't mean it was the right one.....

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude

So you tell me where the conflict was in the thread I started?
The main subjects of the thread were women. Women that aren't on ECCIE
so what is the fuss about. No one was mentioned. I admitted the thread was hypocritical why keep going on and on about it? What's the goal here... oh wait from the posters in this thread - I know what's up *rollseyes*
That's the only reason I have posted. Would you mind starting a similar thread in the Houston forum? Originally Posted by Ansley
This made me laugh out loud it is funny.
So the (old) rule that the OP can have the thread closed no longer is in effect???? I guess threads will go on forever (unless JB is still around). Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
That was never the rule...... it was just the practice that some of the old mods participated in...... Threads CAN and WILL get closed...... but so long as they stay relevant, stay on topic, and remain civil there is no need to close them..... when the topic is talked out.... it will drop in the listing just as other threads do......

As far as posting Ads here..... keep in mind that Ad Posting guidelines are still in effect...... and while ThreADs are ok.... blatant ADs are not...... so do so at your own peril........

JaD