Guns don't kill people... Two year olds in the Wal-Mart do! Another senseless death.

Not being argumentative at all .... but .....

.. do you think the U.S. government has a "good count" on "guns" in the U.S.?

I doubt Norway does either.

I suspect if I contacted ATFE and asked them how many "guns" I "possess" I would get some response like: "you don't know?" or "how many do you think you have?" or "what was your name again with social security number and date of birth? ..... then "how many do you have right now?"

Even if I gave them a month to get back to me.

There in lies A flaw in the "anti-gun" movement. The only guns taken up will be those with "paper" on them in a Government "data base." That's why the Government (the anti-gun-for-civilians portion of Government) wants restrictions on secondary sales and "gun shows" .. newspaper and print ads, etc. ... and pawn shops have to keep track also. The Government is not keeping track of any "gun" I own for MY benefit. I do that. Which is one reason I don't carry one into Walmart and leave it in a basket, where someone can steal it or pick it up and shoot me in the head with it. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I certainly don't disagree with you. How anyone in any country can come up with a reasonable number of handguns or firearms in that country is beyond me.

Source: http://www.gunfaq.org/2013/03/how-ma...united-states/

Based on consolidated information from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, there are about 300 millions guns in the United States.

“There’s no perfect estimate of firearms in the U.S. because creating a national registry of firearms is prohibited by federal law,” noted Alex Katz, a spokesman for Mayors Against Illegal Guns. “But academics and interest groups across the political spectrum broadly agree on the 300 million figure.”
Again, what law, had it been in effect, would have prevented this tragedy?
Again, what law, had it been in effect, would have prevented this tragedy? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good question.

Of course, if Wal-Mart prohibited firearms in its stores ...
You're welcome, SLOBBRIN.

How can we prevent shit like this from happening seemingly every day? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
what you are really asking is how can we prevent people from being stupid?

We shouldn't its in the best interest of everyone if we let people kill themselves/not procreate.

Good question.

Of course, if Wal-Mart prohibited firearms in its stores ... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
At this point do "we" KNOW Wal-Mart could have prohibited her from bringing her firearm into its store? And is Wal-Mart going to set up an airport-like security screening facility at each door and ban knuckleheads from entering through the EXIT door?

If Pigs could fly, ......
Again, what law, had it been in effect, would have prevented this tragedy? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Background checks for kids...LOL
Background checks for kids...LOL Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Only kids under five........

.... with a dexterity testing requirement and an index finger strength compenent.
This happened in Hayden, Idaho. A city of 13,000. Why on Earth was she going around with a 9MM in her purse? I could see if she was in some crime ridden city or area where personal protection was needed but here she is in some small town where people probably know each other and just about everyone in the town. Probably little to no major crime but here she is with a hand gun in her purse. For what reason? And look at the result. Oh I know just who will jump in ranting about her 2nd admin rights but is it really necessary? This is what you get. And look at another recent story of the police chief who shot his wife in the back because they were sleeping with a gun in their bed. Really? In bed with you? Look what you get.
For a change, rio chimes in with old, worn out talking points from the NRA, the most insidious of all the special interest lobbies.

Please do some reading on the subject before you clog the board with redundant pap. we've had the "define assault weapon" argument half a dozen times. and it only gets more ridiculous every time ... Like your example of the Olympic target rifle. You're a fucking numbskull, plain and simple.

Oddly, the only time the second amendment to the fucking constitution is under attack is after kids get killed in kindergarten, or a baby blows his "responsible" mom away in the Wal-Mart, or people get slaughtered in a movie theater.

Rio, go back to any of those episodes and try to objectively assess whose rhetoric is "foamier," the gun grabbers or the patriots.

I'd you need any help understanding any of what I've said, check with Wayne LaPierre. he's shoot straight with you! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yssup campaigning for DOTY 2016 already ? STFU you commie hack !
I dont care if you have had the 'assualt rifle debate 100 times, you just read it again !
As if your antigun speech is not antiquated. What a twisted tormented mind you have. One more little commie in the herd of leftist loonies is all you amount to.
You Yssup are a waste of good blood pressure !
This happened in Hayden, Idaho. A city of 13,000. Why on Earth was she going around with a 9MM in her purse? I could see if she was in some crime ridden city or area where personal protection was needed but here she is in some small town where people probably know each other and just about everyone in the town. Probably little to no major crime but here she is with a hand gun in her purse. For what reason? And look at the result. Oh I know just who will jump in ranting about her 2nd admin rights but is it really necessary? This is what you get. And look at another recent story of the police chief who shot his wife in the back because they were sleeping with a gun in their bed. Really? In bed with you? Look what you get. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Could be she lives sixty or seventy miles from a grocery store and has to drive rural, dirt roads to go anywhere, BL. That region has rattlesnakes, bear and wolves, BL. Even elk, deer and moose can be dangerous animals at close quarters.
ANOTHER thread turned into a schoolyard pissing match by the Idiot Family.

You guys must be pretty proud of yourselves. Everything you touch turns to shit. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You posted this thread to stir up shit. You got it so quit bitching. If you want to hear that all guns need to be banned or strictly regulated it isn't going to happen in America, at least not in our life time. As long as firearms are manufactured, sold and possessed by American citizens you'll have gun related deaths some will be in the name of self defense, accidental and out right murder. Quit living in a vacuum and face reality.

Jim
[QUOTE=BigLouie;1056210059]This happened in Hayden, Idaho. A city of 13,000. Why on Earth was she going around with a 9MM in her purse? Because she can obviously. I could see if she was in some crime ridden city like Columbine, CO or Pearl River, MS, or Aurora, CO, or Casa Adobes, AR or area where personal protection was needed but here she is in some small town where people probably know each other and just about everyone in the town. Probably little to no major crime but here she is with a hand gun in her purse. For what reason? And look at the result. Oh I know just who will jump in ranting about her 2nd admin it is spelled amendment rights but is it really necessary? This is what you get. You don't have a right unless you exercise it from time to time. And look at another recent story of the police chief who shot his wife in the back because they were sleeping with a gun in their bed. Really? In bed with you? Look what you get. What do you get? I'm kind of thinking that this was no accident and I'm willing to say that millions of people have a gun in their bed nightly (yours truly included) and no one gets hurt.[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt you sleep with a gun in the bed, JDIdiot. But do you also share a bed with a woman?

No one gets hurt??

LMAO!

You posted this thread to stir up shit. You got it so quit bitching. If you want to hear that all guns need to be banned or strictly regulated it isn't going to happen in America, at least not in our life time. As long as firearms are manufactured, sold and possessed by American citizens you'll have gun related deaths some will be in the name of self defense, accidental and out right murder. Quit living in a vacuum and face reality.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
That's about it.

And, according to CDC stats, since this thread has started, we've had around 90 murders, 150 suicides and around 480 people wounded....all by firearms. I don't know how many of the murders or woundings were legitimate self defense. Probably none.

We should try to do something about it. Too many innocent dead moms and kids and dads, etc.
I don't know ..... Originally Posted by timpage
"That's about it."