What do you say is the real solution for these mass shootings?

Actually that is not far from the solution. The more coverage these things get, the greater chance it will continue. Originally Posted by WTF
It seems to be correct in a number of cases ... they want the publicity.

The problem is that Gnad turns off his TV to the spectical, but 99.99% of the rest watch! Cuz the networks are gonna show it.
It seems to be correct in a number of cases ... they want the publicity.

The problem is that Gnad turns off his TV to the spectical, but 99.99% of the rest watch! Cuz the networks are gonna show it. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I don't have TV, and I don't read sensational columns in either the WSJ or the NYT.

I do not believe in the 24-hour news cycle or sensational news that feeds off of people's personal pain. I don't rubber neck either.
[QUOTE=OliviaHoward;1052058890]I don't have TV, ...[/QUOTE]

Revised figure estimates: 99.9999999999999999998

OH, I don't like dweling on it myself ... particularly the dissecting opinion part with over-talking and interruptions ... it's not "news" as I know the meaning of the word .... and my limited interest is just to know what happened .... my personal experience has been, and the Connecticut incident is no exception ... that the 24-hour media wants and needs a story so bad quickly they lack sufficient time or personnel to fact check and verify sources before they have to say something on the air .... ..

.. as for rubber-necking .....

... I've been served with a good helping of carnage .....

....and I don't need seconds.

My recollection is that most who actually have, don't either.
Autism and Asperger Syndrome are not "mental illness" -- developmental disorders, yes -- but not "mental illness".

It wasn't in the poll, but I'll go with the recent conversations by highly rated NRA Congressmen . . . clip limits. This won't effect anything in my gun case but I think it's the right direction.
. . . clip limits. This won't effect anything in my gun case but I think it's the right direction. Originally Posted by b2flyer51
I agree. Two per person ...

Well Speedie I don't get the same results on my campus. There is more than one us with a CCW permit and we would like to do so. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I have absolutely no problem with anyone on a college campus bringing up the issue of right-to-carry to the administration. As I said, let the colleges decide what is best for their campuses. What I don't agree with is politicians forcing the issue on state colleges when the overwhelming majority of people involved do not want it.
If the shooter had received the care he needed, this probably wouldn't have happened. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Managing care for the mentally ill would cut down on medical costs overall. It takes a terrible toll on individuals, families and society.

I Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

The shooter had Asperger's Syndrome and people with it are not prone to violence. He also had been under the care of a psychologist who saw no violent tendencies in him. In other words, there was little in Adam Lanza's past that would have led anyone to the conclusion that he was any more likely to commit such a crime than most other people.

As an aside, Texas ranks #51 in the U.S. for dollars spent per capita ion mental health. Source was a statement on television last night..
  • KCJoe
  • 12-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't know what "secyruty" is, so I couldn't vote for that. Is that a techical term for robots?
I don't know what "secyruty" is, so I couldn't vote for that. Is that a techical term for robots? Originally Posted by KCJoe
... it is pronounced "row buts" ... and a sexy-ruty is a nice one.
You are fucking loony. Oh wait ... This is ALL Obama's fault. I get it now.

You ARE fucking loony. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

you contribute nothing to these threads, you just like to call everybody dipshits

you are a waste of bandwidth Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
+5000 let it be the end of rider posting on here... waste of bandwidth ... go back to writing review
thank you
+5000 let it be the end of rider posting on here... waste of bandwidth ... go back to writing review Originally Posted by WhoAreWe
Nice Choomshall. I haven't been forced to change my handle several times. And I certainly continue to post reviews, unlike you cocksuckers.

the waste of bandwidth just goes against your rabid lust for freedom in this dark time of Marxism, CaptainUnAmerican. You don't like what I have to say? Express your God given unalienable right to put me on Ignore.

If you mattered, I'd do the same for you.

But you don't.

so eat a bag of dicks!
As an aside, Texas ranks #51 in the U.S. for dollars spent per capita ion mental health. Source was a statement on television last night.. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Looking around ... 2006 ...
http://www.nami.org/gtstemplate.cfm?...ontentID=30998

Expenditures 2009 to 2011:
http://www.nami.org/ContentManagemen...tFileID=147763

FYI: There are some foonotes on the expenditures, because some expenditures are in separate agencies and these figures are from the general revenue funds of the states listed. Texas has actually increased its general revenue expenditures and shifted funds to offset the reductions in Medicaid supplements from the Federal Gov.

Nonetheless Texas apparently scores mid-range on services delivered to a "C" even though less funding, which means that either Texas is spending more through "other agencies" outside the general revenue fund OR Texas is getting a bigger bang for the buck.

Additionally, as unemployment increases and unemployment benefits end, more people will qualify for mental disability benefits through Medicaid programs as an income supplement and draw down on the available funds.

It is noteworthy for the topic that Connecticut actually increased its funding for 2012.