Money VS Happy

Don't we all have a higher power in common? Originally Posted by WTF
No, we don't. Some may believe they are Atheist which precludes a higher power all together while some others may believe they are Agnostic. Still others may believe they are Buddhist, Muslim and the like. My Lord and Savior is not their lord and it is that simple. However, I can see this degenerating into a discussion that is appropriate for another thread at a minimum if not a different site entirely. I do not see everyone having a common "higher power" and those are my views.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I do not see everyone having a common "higher power" and those are my views. Originally Posted by LonesomeDove
Well ok. We are just talking about beliefs. We at least all have that in common.

Who is the lady in the avatar? I'm thinking of believing in whatever she believes in
Word!
Well ok. We are just talking about beliefs. We at least all have that in common.

Who is the lady in the avatar? I'm thinking of believing in whatever she believes in Originally Posted by WTF
True, I can't argue with that as we all have beliefs. As for who my avatar is... I am not telling.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
. As for who my avatar is... I am not telling. Originally Posted by LonesomeDove
That's just wrong. . .
She is from a different time I lived in my friend.
Good point above LonesomeDove,

I hear ya; everybody has to believe in something in order to thrive. Some a god, some a person, some themselves, and some, well, Obama, lol!

No really, this is an interesting dynamic because different faiths identify with love differently... (e.g. Christians vs Muslims vs CHURCH OF SATAN )

Good point.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
She is from a different time I lived in my friend. Originally Posted by LonesomeDove
I'm revving up my time machine!
Who is the lady in the avatar? I'm thinking of believing in whatever she believes in Originally Posted by WTF
Methinks the boobs are Photoshopped. They look bigger disproportionally than the rest of the body.
Methinks the boobs are Photoshopped. They look bigger disproportionally than the rest of the body. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Funny---I thought the boobs were okay but the waistline had been Photoshopped!

I'm sure it is actually the real person but we are conditioned to seeing women's images altered. That's a shame.

I agree with LonesomeDove...we all certainly do NOT believe in a higher power. Unless WTF was referring to money as being the higher power we all have in common...? Even so, it comes back to not being able to serve two masters.
I'm revving up my time machine! Originally Posted by WTF
With what? Your hands?
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM

I agree with LonesomeDove...we all certainly do NOT believe in a higher power. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
I think we do....just different forms of higher powers.

Not believing in what another believes is not, not believing. Even not believing is a belief.

We can get all kinda deep with this.

With what? Your hands? Originally Posted by Nicolette Morgandy
That's how I start.

It's not how I like to finish!
Methinks the boobs are Photoshopped. They look bigger disproportionally than the rest of the body. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
*chuckle* No, that is not a photoshopped image. The breasts and waist are just like that in real life but you folks can speculate all you like.

Now I will disagree with you WTF since an Atheist does not believe in a higher power except themselves and while that is a belief, it is not a belief in a higher power.
I agree with LonesomeDove...we all certainly do NOT believe in a higher power. Unless WTF was referring to money as being the higher power we all have in common...? Even so, it comes back to not being able to serve two masters. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
I think we do....just different forms higher powers.

Not believing in what another believes is not, not believing. Even not believing is a belief.

We can get all kinda deep with this. Originally Posted by WTF
I've been reluctant to get into this discussion...but just can't hold myself back anymore. Rats!!

I think some of it is semantics, but I also think some of it is where we are. What I am about to write is going to sound condescending, but it is not meant to be.

LM--I've followed some of your posts with interest. It's obvious you have had a life-changing experience. And I commend you for trying to improve your life in such a manner. I don't know exactly where you are in your beliefs, so I won't presume to try and guess. But it is apparent that you see things from your unique perspective.

WTF--You also see things from a unique perspective...as most on this board would say, everything about you is unique.

However, let me say something I learned long ago. Each person must define his/her own faith path. And we must leave it up to each person to do so. That which speaks to one person will not necessarily speak to another. Even the absence of faith can speak to a person. But in order to be free to find/follow our own paths, we must first let others find/follow their own paths. The key to this is to respect others beliefs (or non-beliefs). That does not mean one has to deny their own beliefs. No, there is nothing better than a solid belief as long as it does not impinge upon another's belief.

In this area (beliefs), it is important more than ever to have respect for one another's belief systems.

Just my € 0.0147733
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Now I will disagree with you WTF since an Atheist does not believe in a higher power except themselves and while that is a belief, it is not a belief in a higher power. Originally Posted by LonesomeDove
Well if you believe you are the higher power then believing in yourself is actually believing in a higher power.

If you believe that your actions are important and that you need to do the moral and rightious thing...well then. Some people need direction in this regard and others might not. I don't see much difference in the two beliefs.

Some base action on the present (Atheist,for arguments sake) other the future (My higher power is better than your higher power thinkers, again for arguments sake). If they are exactly the same actions...what does it matter?