New CBO numbers: Obamacare will cost the US 2.5 million jobs

• WTF
  • 02-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Excuse me, but does anyone else think that the idea of having a job is being "trapped" and that reduced hours or unemployment are "expanded options" is utterly bizarre? I have trouble believing people are treating that bullshit as serious. It's a chapter out of 1984.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

So you think the CBO projections are wrong and that the number of hours people will choose to work will not change?

It is pain fully obvious that some on here want to use some of the CBO numbers and ignore all else the CBO says.
They're equating everyone working a little less into a number of jobs. The logic is not sound. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
What will happen is either pay will increase or there will be more workers hired to work those hours that people have chosen not to work.

What they should be arguing is that it is a net productivity loss.
The hysteria on this board about speculation on numbers is hilarious.
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM
The hysteria on this board about speculation on numbers is hilarious. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
They read the head lines and not the rest of the report.

They then say only the headlines are true but all the accompany data is false!

LexusLover has used that line of reasoning and now CuteOldGuy
  • BJerk
  • 02-08-2014, 07:51 AM
I have never believed Hanoi COG! To take it a tad bit further, I never will. He has even previously admitted to the following on these pages, "I lied." That is an actual quote from one of COG's posts. Why should we believe him?

He is the least credible in a plethora of Far Right Wing WACKO, ECCIE posters who seem to have only one thing in common. Collectively, they are each consumed by a severe credibility deficit.

Hanoi COG slightly more so than the rest of the Far Right WACKO "Dipshits."

We can't lose sight of the fact that Hanoi COG is, and probably always will be, the only "Dipshit" stupid enough to nominate himself to be a leading contender to receive the "Dipshit of the Year" award. Who else but a bonafide "Dipshit" would nominate himself for such of an award? COG probably would have won, had it not been for a number of excellent Far Right Wing "Dipshit" candidates that resulted in splitting the votes of those voting for the well-deserved WACKO "Dipshit" candidates. Originally Posted by bigtex
You speak the truth about that dreadful man.
I suppose being trapped in his "job" has left a bad taste in Dipshit COG's mouth.
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2014, 09:16 AM
COG is working hard to bring us Gary Johnson and the Fair Tax.....and if we all click our heels together, he will throw in World Peace!
  • CJ7
  • 02-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't suppose it matters because fundamentally you're going to believe what you want. And you're going to listen to assholes who agree with you and tell everyone else what an idiot they are. But if you care, factcheck.org lists this as a big fat misrepresentation.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/02/the...g-not-to-work/

Read it. The same article also points out the myth (although plausible sounding) that millions will be (or have been) moved from full-time to part-time employment.

We get it, Republican's hate Obama, Obama care, etc... But if you're just going to make shit up, please do it quietly in your own circles. Originally Posted by Luv4Fun

the entire story is nothing but shit ... typical JD shit ..

what part of the above link escapes all of you simpletons?

the morons are content to tear down the country just like Beck was, fuck the facts
Obamagedon continues...
  • Doove
  • 02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
the entire story is nothing but shit ... typical JD shit ..

what part of the above link escapes all of you simpletons? Originally Posted by CJ7
We all know exactly what the CBO said. And we all have a perfectly good understanding of what it means. And it only goes to re-emphasize the fact that, if Obamacare was so bad, they wouldn't need to lie about it so much.
Excellent point Doove. Period.
We all know exactly what the CBO said. And we all have a perfectly good understanding of what it means. And it only goes to re-emphasize the fact that, if Obamacare was so GOOD, Obaminable wouldn't need to lie about it so much. Originally Posted by Doove
Fixed it for you to make it accurate.
WTF: "But, But , But LL say's the CBO numbers are just opinion!"

Nope!

You lie worse than Obaminable...

Here's what you posted and here's what I responded:

WTF: "CBO, Feb. 4: In CBO's judgment, there is no compelling evidence that part-time employment has increased as a result of the ACA.

LL" That's not a "fact" ..... that is an opinion. One of these days you'll figure out the difference."
  • Doove
  • 02-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Fixed it for you to make it accurate. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You seem to have missed the part where i said "...so much".
JD everything else came from the CBO report. The White House just pointed out the whole report not your cherry picked version. What you fail to understand is that it empowers workers. The CBO reports states that workers will choose to work less. Workers will be given a better choice. Originally Posted by WTF
Hey WTFeckless, I am perfectly ok with letting workers choose to work less. No problem at all. I just don't want to have to PAY them to work less. The CBO estimates it will cost taxpayers an average of $5,510 a year to subsidize each Obamacare recipient who qualifies for a subsidy. The subsidy is available for households earning up to $94,700 (family of four). The reason the CBO expects so many people to reduce their work hours is so they can lower their income and collect the subsidy.

So tell me - if I voluntarily choose to work only 6 months a year instead of 12, are you (and CBJ7 and assup and timmyturd and dimdoove) ok with forking over $5,510 a year to subsidize my "better choice"?
You seem to have missed the part where i said "...so much". Originally Posted by Doove
Not at all ... we know he's going to lie about it ... but he has gone "over the top"!

He should have stopped at claiming it would improve the economy by increasing jobs.