Whats the F**king Point

motorload,

amazing what happens when one's not in eccie land for a few days.
someone passes away and someone feels pretty low about life and all the stuff that happens.
there are so many wonderful inspiring thoughts in this thread that it should become a sticky as is Nitwitboy's eulogies and rememberances. they should both be required readings for anyone who joins this sub-culture of ours [remember, it was amber who started this all and she too passed on to the next world].

the good news is that you have the emotions and memories of a human to experience all you've been through and have come out the other side with some strong feelings about it all. many other animals, fishes, insects will never be able to experience things like we humans do. i remember my next oldest brother saying the month before he died "why does it have to hurt so much to love another?" this might be what you were experiencing.

and what i've learned from many spiritual teachers and teachings is that how each of us reacts to life's events [the feelings we have] is something that we can choose [most of the time if our brains and minds are "normal"] - it is not automatic nor the same for all of us. we can laugh it off, rail at it, be saddened, be angry, be happy, be frustrated, be joyous, be awed by it, be accepting.

so, feel your emotions, however deep or shallow they may be, however inspiring or depressing they may be, however transient or timeless they may be. then move on, for while those emotions may imprint a lesson or a memory, they are just your emotions and are not you.

from my perspective, the energy that is each of us somehow coalesced from the energy of our planet which somehow coalesced from our solar system which somehow coalesced from our galaxy which somehow coalesced from our universe. why it all coalesced the exact way it did and who or what might have helped it - those are philosophicals questions that hominids and now homo sapiens have been pondering for millenia!! welcome to the party.

and each of us comes into this life w/out having chosen how, when, where or why. and very few of us will leave this life w/out having chosen how, when, where or why. in the worlds of commandante uno "each of us must die. but how? that is important!!" i would say "each of us must LIVE. but how? that is important!!"

a bit of my story - father died due to diabetes in his late 30s before i was born; one brother died in his late 30s due to immune disease; another died in his late 50s due to liver disease; mother died in her late 80s due to brain degeneration. all my aunts and uncles on both sides - gone. a few cousins and second cousins - gone. a few close friends - gone. some young, some old, some in-between.

what i learned from each and every one of those passings/losses/deaths is that there was absolutely NOTHING i could have done to slow it down, speed it up, or stop it. the universal and the physical forces that were part of their birth and their death (and part of my life) exert a force so powerful that no one can withstand it or control it. so, best to just be there as they go thru their path, share with them the happy and sad times, hold their hand when they cry from fear and from pain. and just be with them!!! it's not fair, but then again, there arent any rules saying what is and isnt fair in this life.

and i learned that when they are gone, you can choose to keep on living, remembering their lives and sharing those memories with others. or you can choose to stop living and put a finality on yours and their memories. i choose the former - to live as best i can, to help as best i can, and to love as best i can. i remember what my next oldest brother's friend [who became a minister] said at his memorial service as he quoted from the bible ...
He will answer them, 'I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you failed to do for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant [they seemed], you failed to do for me.
.... http://bible.cc/matthew/25-45.htm

so, tell yourself, your family, your friends, your acquaintances that you love their beings, enjoy their company, am honored to help and assist them, and that you cherish the memories you have formed and have shared.

but, please, live as best you can and dont give up on the peace, energy and love that surrounds you.

peace be with you.
pmdelites
Everything happens for a reason. We may not understand at the time, or even ever. Sometimes we are not meant to understand all of the things that happen, or happen to us. It is a faith thing. Sometimes its really hard, and sometimes the trials and tests we are put through can & do hurt us really bad, but sometimes thats just how it is. They strengthen us and grow us. For those of us who believe in the man above, this is what we have to look forward to...

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

It's the past that we cannot change, the present that is an everyday gift to us (and we should treat it as just that), and the future that we have to look forward to! I know what I have to look forward to - whether I'm mopping the floors up there or not, at least I will be there!... and all of this earthly pain will be no more.

XOXO,
ItalianaPrincess

PS> This post is not intended to offend anyone. We all have our own beliefs, none are better than others. This is just my own personal one.
Well said IP, well said. Forty years ago twelve of us started out together, trained together and went to war together. We were soldiers and we were young. Now we are three, six stayed there forever young, two heart attacks, one car wreck and now we are three. No day passes that I do not think of them. I have lived long enough to be an orphan, no uncles or aunts left and my cousins are starting to go. In the last couple of years my first two greats loves have gone to the spirit world, yet God is good, last August my first Grandson was born and circle is complete. I believe that one day be we will united with those we love.
Here is something I read at a service the other day that I wanted to Post on NWB thread but it was closed. So here it goes,
"A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die, Tell me what lies on the other side?" Very quietly, the doctor said. "I don't know." "You don"t know? Your a Christian man and you don't know what's on the other side?"
The doctor was holding the handle of the door and on the other side came a sound of scratching and whining and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness. Turning to his patient , the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog? He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing... I know my Master is there and that is enough.

I'v only had three family members pass away in my life time, my grandparents and my M-i-L and I know each of them walked thru that door in to a better place, I have no doud't about that. Death is a part of life, we can not control when any of us will die. I just try and live life to the fullest the best way I can. I have seen every age and every way of dieing in my life time and you try and scratch your head and say why did God take this person.
Well said Lucky Jack, I have several friends who would have give all they had, for but one more day! The op should be thankful for those he has known, for whatever time he had them, and move on!
  • motor
  • 04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Well said Lucky Jack, I have several friends who would have give all they had, for but one more day! The op should be thankful for those he has known, for whatever time he had them, and move on! Originally Posted by tramp76137

As the OP..........you are absolutley right!