They're coming (and they said it would never happen)

I thought this would be simple but it turned out my detractors were more simple.

A state can pass a law within the framework of the state constitution but can run a foul of the US Constitution but we don't know until it is challenged and finds it's way to the Supreme Court. Now Romney's bill (to be more accurate the democratic legislature's bill that Romney signed) was very specific; their definition of assault weapons which has not been challenged to the SCOTUS yet. The federal law is very much different. The SCOTUS has already confirmed that the second amendment is an individual right. The current bill is not very specific and does say handguns and shotguns so it is a general gun ban. The president took an oath to defend the Constitution and not bend it.

Stevie how long did it take you to cut and paste your comment? You article does not make it clear that it is two bills and can you show some proof that Reagan supported both? By the way, the bill passed by only two votes and the results prove that little if any benefit accrued from the ban. Both parties allowed the ban to expire in 2004. So talk to the hand.
  • CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I thought this would be simple but it turned out my detractors were more simple.

A state can pass a law within the framework of the state constitution but can run a foul of the US Constitution but we don't know until it is challenged and finds it's way to the Supreme Court. Now Romney's bill (to be more accurate the democratic legislature's bill that Romney signed) was very specific; their definition of assault weapons which has not been challenged to the SCOTUS yet. The federal law is very much different. The SCOTUS has already confirmed that the second amendment is an individual right. The current bill is not very specific and does say handguns and shotguns so it is a general gun ban. The president took an oath to defend the Constitution and not bend it.

Stevie how long did it take you to cut and paste your comment? You article does not make it clear that it is two bills and can you show some proof that Reagan supported both? By the way, the bill passed by only two votes and the results prove that little if any benefit accrued from the ban. Both parties allowed the ban to expire in 2004. So talk to the hand. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
bla bla bla ... youd make excuses for a plie of dog shit if it had a rightwing sign of some sort sticking out of it.

Romney took FULL credit for placing a PERMANENT ban on assault weapons ... look it up Paddy Cake.

challenge the law? what the hell is the delay, its going on 9 years, and not so much as a whimper about any challenge of any kind ...

Romney either signed legislation that placed a ban on assault weapons or he didnt .. its that SIMPLE.

which is it?
I give up. It is impossible to talk down to your level and has been since I was in grade school.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.” A literal impossibility suitable only for convincing the feeble minded.
  • CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I give up. It is impossible to talk down to your level and has been since I was in grade school.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.” A literal impossibility suitable only for convincing the feeble minded. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

funny, when did Romney change his name to Obama ?

did Romney ban assault weapons in Mass when he was Gov or not ?

simple qusetion .. try and elevate to a grade school level

yes
no
Why don't you try answering my questions, CBJ7?
  • CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Why don't you try answering my questions, CBJ7? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

because like you, your questions are moot.
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about. It figures.
  • CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about. It figures. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

exactly what impact do your questions have on the fact Romney passed a permanent ban on assault weapons?
I want to see if you are consistent, now that Obama is considering the same type of legislation. I'm betting when Obama does it, it will be ok with you. I also wanted to find out if you knew what you were talking about. You don't. Question answered.

• CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I want to see if you are consistent, now that Obama is considering the same type of legislation. I'm betting when Obama does it, it will be ok with you. I also wanted to find out if you knew what you were talking about. You don't. Question answered.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013 Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

off to obama we go

the topic is willard signing legislationn the bans ALL assault weapons, and like Ive already told your stuipd old ass the legislation passed in 94 didnt include ALL assault weapons ... pre 1994 assault rifles/clips were still legal to own, buy, and sell

if you tried reading rather than spinning around in circles you might not appear to be such a slobbering old shit

might
You're the one circling the wagons around Obama. You won't be consistent, and whatever Obama does will be fine with you. We all know it. The Obamatron still works, and is still sending you messages.
  • CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
You're the one circling the wagons around Obama. You won't be consistent, and whatever Obama does will be fine with you. We all know it. The Obamatron still works, and is still sending you messages. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

youre a fucking idiot
See? You got nothin', do you, CBJ7. Nothin' at all!

• CJ7
  • 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
yea well, it doesnt take much to hand you your ass
You're a fucking imbecile, and YOU got nothin, Bitter Old Liar!