The death of Backpage

After reading this thread, there were a lot a good points made. I just wanted to say a few things... First we need to distinguish consensual adults and human trafficking. The way they are writing the laws makes is all victims. Grrrrrr. I was a very grown woman when I walked into the world of prostitution. And I am a proud whore. There are young women being beat, turned into drug addicts, being forced to have some dudes baby (usually by her pimp), when we see this stuff we have a duty to protect our industry with consenting adults. We also have a duty that when we see this stuff happening, to try and help. If you know you are dealing with a minor call the law!!! I do not want children or women forced in this industry. We have a responsibility to police our own. (And I don't mean by bogus lists of BP girls who may or may not be using real pictures) we have a responsibility to help those who can't help themselves. No more underage slaves... Or even those who are trafficked, we have a responsibility to help them as well. Trust me I am not a bleeding heart, but this world is only for those who freely choose to walk in it. My 0.02

Betty
  • zebra
  • 08-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Back Page could shut down tomorrow, even tonight and it would be a blessing IMHO. It may be a premier advertising site for other sections of the country but it is a dead dog here in the DFW metroplex and in other large metropolitan areas. And yes another site would pop up immediately and fill it's void and we'd have another dead dog to deal with.

Shut it down. I do a lot of online sales and BP has never been an advertising avenue that I have used that was successful.