NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

They need to redeem themselves from last year's 30-0 embarrassment. Originally Posted by kerwil62
I don't know how anyone could have forgotten this so soon...and KC came back from a 21 point deficit to win last weekend.
I don't know how anyone could have forgotten this so soon...and KC came back from a 21 point deficit to win last weekend. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Yep! This is why I said they might have issues with the Chiefs.
The next 2 games are tests but this is still basically the preseason because of the rule changes. We won't know who the real teams are until late October early November imo
Shitzpatrick for the jets..

Fitzpatrick finished 24 of 34 for 374 yards

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forte-s...041735098.html

And he wasn't good enough for ole Bill.
We won't know who the real teams are until late October early November imo Originally Posted by rmrstyle23
Yep
Well they got by the Chiefs in a great defensive effort. To keep a team you've had problems with the past few years to just field goals is a pretty good accomplishment.

Both WR's looked good today with over 100yds each receiving. Brock had 1 TD but 2 picks. He needs to get better.

The Patriots is Thursday in Foxboro. Their backup QB went down and they still beat the Dolphins at home 31-24. Texans had better be ready!
Well technically when Jimmy G went down the game went 24-10 Miami.
The sad fact is the Patriots have nothing to pose and everything to gain this Thursday. They lose and everyone will say they didn't have a QB. They win and it's the Bill Belicheck is the 2nd coming of Jesus. Wine into water. Feeding the masses type of headlines.

And on the other hand the Texas. They win. The Patriots had no QB. Lets see them.do.it again with Brady under center. They lose. THEY LOST TO A TEAM WITH NO QB!? Bill Belicheck is the 2nd coming of Jesus!
Was it just me or were a majority of the games boring as all get out yesterday?
^^^^^ Actually the Cowboys/Redskins game was pretty good.
^^^^^ Actually the Cowboys/Redskins game was pretty good. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Except for the fact the Cowboys won!
Don't act like you don't root for that southern Oklahoma team.
Texans at 2-0 is nice. 3-0 and we are in good shape. As the rest of the division will have to face The Patriots with Brady. D is looking good, coverage is much improved for the most part, still need more pressure on the QB. I didn't like Mercilus lined up over the center and on rush packages, he was stoned inside. Move the Clown inside and let Mercilus come from the edge.

The Achilles heal of this team will be the Oline play. Can't finish drives by pounding it in even with a very good RB Miller. Not sure if Brock will be able to do enough to get key victories for us behind the Oline that is weak.
Don't act like you don't root for that southern Oklahoma team. Originally Posted by Fishpie
If you refer to the Texans, yes I do! I wish them the best. In a way though, they remind me of the Chiefs many, many years ago who were always casting about for the miracle QB solution, the one to lead them to the Promised land. They tried the nearly embalmed Joe Montana, then tossed tons of dough at Matt Cassell because he had one good season standing in for Brady.Several others came and went. I think they have a solid man in Smith and I really think SF made a monumental error in keeping 'Krapalot' and shipping Smith to KC. But I digress: I see the same trend with Houston, the game of musical QBs. Osweiller may be the solution but we will know more in two months then we do now, after only two games!
I say they beat the Pats by one point, that is my wishful prediction.