NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Last year he had the same stats as Blane Gabert the QB with the 49ers. What's so great about that
  • nu2
  • 09-24-2016, 08:55 AM
Yes the Texans do have a project quarterback. But what was the alternative? To give up the farm and trade up in the draft for another project quarterback?

Makes me think about Vince Lombardi. Drafted Bart Starr in the seventeenth round and was the 200th overall pick. The coach made Bart Starr a winner of the first two Superbowls.

Bob is responsible for instilling discipline in his players. He needs to make a winner out of Brock. He needs to call better plays.

The Texans coaching failed. They need to take the blame, regroup, and not make the same coaching mistakes.

Brock should not have to say I need to play better every week.

Bob should be saying I need to coach better every week!
Let me point out that since Tom Brady was drafted no one taken lower than the third round has been long-term success. BOB passed on a number of QB on the draft to over pay for Brock
  • nu2
  • 09-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Yes. We could have drafted Garoppolo and still not of had to give up the farm. Instead, we got Savage. I agree Brock is overpaid. Basically, all we have are project quarterbacks. They just have to get better every week.
The oddity of this saga, if one goes back to the start of this entire thread, almost 5 years ago, and scroll through the years you will find virtually the same type of rantings, opinions and frustrations as we witness now: 1.Poor coaching 2. Dumb ass draft decisions 3. Overpaid, over-rated and under-performing QBs. As much as I despise Belechek, Brady and the douchebag Pats, you have to give them their due: Year in and year out they are consistently near the top of the league, always perform at a high level and are poised to go 4 and 0 with a third string, possibly fourth string QB as Brady gets an unwanted rest. Winning franchises are systemic in nature.Pats & Seattle come to mind. The jury is still out on Denver, IMHO. Unfortunately,also systemic in nature are franchises that year in and out vastly underachieve, like the Texans, or buffoon, totally inept franchises such as the Browns! Truly, history tends to repeat itself. Don't believe me? Go all the way back to 2011 and read for yourself! Thanks to Satin who gave birth to this brilliant thread!
Personally I put the blame on McNair. If he was more open-minded about football than trying to instill personal beliefs on the team like some little league squad we wouldn't be having these type of conversations year in year out.
Watt reinjured his back and is expected to miss the rest of the season
That's what they get for rushing his ass back on the field. You don't fuck around with a back injury.
That's what they get for rushing his ass back on the field. You don't fuck around with a back injury. Originally Posted by jstone420
AMEN!!
Watt reinjured his back and is expected to miss the rest of the season Originally Posted by BigLouie
That's what they get for rushing his ass back on the field. You don't fuck around with a back injury. Originally Posted by jstone420
True dat!

But they did resign Antonio "The Ninja" Smith back for a year. Hope he doesn't flash his Super Bowl ring in the team's faces.
Bad news for sure on JJ. This hurts our playoff chances a lot. Playoffs? Playoffs? Good thing we are in a division that is pretty shitty.

Interesting match up this week with the Titans. They try to run the ball, this is a weakness of the Texans D. Without JJ to disrupt and Cush to tackle it could be a very tough game. The Offense better come ready to play, because that conservative bullshit we saw in New England will get your ass beat. Not sure we can depend on the D to be as good as it has been so far this week.

Who replaces JJ? Still? Antonio Smith? Fuck!!!!
Still wonder how many of you Texans fans will look back and think...If we had only drafted a top tier QB prospect instead of Clowney we'd be much better off today!?
Still wonder how many of you Texans fans will look back and think...If we had only drafted a top tier QB prospect instead of Clowney we'd be much better off today!? Originally Posted by Solemate62
http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/po...4/quarterbacks

Teddy, Derek, and Jimmy G seem to best available in that draft

I feel the Texans fans pain as well...I wish my Steelers would move up in the draft EVERY YEAR to draft a top CB
I wish my Steelers would move up in the draft EVERY YEAR to draft a top CB Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Speaking of the Steelers, what the fuck happened to them?? 34-3 by the Eagles?? Man it's been YEARS since I've seen them get their asses handed to them like this! I've felt kinda bad for them.
"Wentzsylvania" ate our ass up is what happened...he's looking like a ROY candidate already