NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

At least Seattle covered the spread lol Originally Posted by Fishpie
Lol, good you can find a gold nugget in that pile of shit called a football game!
Brock is the second coming of Matt Schaub
Texans just got embarrassed on national TV again. Team looked totally inept
Texans just got embarrassed on national TV again. Team looked totally inept Originally Posted by BigLouie
+ 100..Brock missed a lot of passes. He throws to Nuke in double coverage.

He needs to spread the ball around. Everyone knows where he is going.

Newton done for the season probably. He had one good season as far as I can remember.

The defensive line was TROUNCED!!!
Done for the season? Try more like career.
Brock is the second coming of Matt Schaub Originally Posted by BigLouie
Brock? More like Brick Osweiler.

I went to Texans-Broncos pre-season game last year, when both Brick and T. Siemian played extensively. I was shocked to see how inconsistent Brick was, in his 4th year as backup. He'd throw a perfect 50 yard TD bomb, then on the next series couldn't hit a simple 10 yard out, or would overthrow an open guy sitting 10 yards out, waiting for the ball to arrive. Siemian, who was then a rookie, had a 2 minute TD drive where not only he threw a beautiful 25 yard back shoulder TD pass to a 4th string receiver in the corner of the end zone, but on the same drive moved pre-snap a veteran TE who lined up incorrectly... then promptly hit him for a 15 yard gain. I came away from that game thinking that Siemian just might be better than Brick. Can't teach consistency, can't teach poise.
Next Monday night they play a well-rested pissed off Broncos team. I'm predicting they'll lose that one. Originally Posted by kerwil62
What the fuck did I tell y'all??

27-9

They got the Lions next in Detroit. That shit may be a loss since they can't win road games. SMMFH........
well, this is what they are. They can beat up on all the sub 500 teams but are baked by anyone with a decent defense. As for Osweiler, He might be serviceable but you have to have a good front line and consistent running game, and right now they have a makeshift line of straw.
Anemic at best!

The $72 million dollar man.

The Texans didn't even interview him before they signed him.

Osweiler was 0-for-7 on passes that were 15 yards or more downfield. According to ESPN Stats & Information, there were just three games this season in which a quarterback has gone 0-for-7 or worse on those throws, and Osweiler has two of them.
Osweiler finished 22-for-41 for 131 yards, without a touchdown or an interception. His 131 passing yards were the second-fewest in NFL history by a quarterback who attempted at least 40 passes, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
The deal for him may go down as one of the worst deals by any team..ever.

On a somewhat related note baby daddy threw in the towel last night...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...n-man-2016-nfl
  • nu2
  • 10-25-2016, 07:23 AM
The Texans really need to work on their passing game. At least Brock did not throw any interceptions last night.
At least Brock did not throw any interceptions last night. Originally Posted by nu2
Yeah most of them were way too far off target to be intercepted.

On a positive note the Texans have a dam good punter...and he's going to earn his pay this season.
That arrogant cocksucker John Elway must be laughing his ass off at the ass fucking he gave Rick Smith.

The Broncos knew brick for 4 years, and what he really is, then pawned him off on the ignorant Texans, pushing the price up enough to get the Texans to wreck their payroll on this loser.

Glad they gave rick such a nice extension for being Elways bitch.

Damn shame