NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The AFC Playoff picture if started now has changed.

New England takes the #1 Seed while Oakland takes the #2. Denver losing drops them out and Miami would be the #6 seed.

I'm sure it'll be more changes between now and the playoffs.
One of the local talk show host, can't remember which, brought up the point that the whole offensive staff is all college with NO NFL experience save the few years BoB was in New England. Therefore the offense staff is at time unprepared for the defensive playmakers and defensive schemes at the NFL level. I can understand this. Say what you want about Kubiak but at least his offensive schemes were creative. Once on a pre-game show they showed how many of Kubiak's run plays and pass plays look exactly the same when the ball is snapped and the blocking starts.

As far as Brock. Many people forget that last year he had exactly the same stats as Blaine Gabbert with the 49ers. As expected the more the season goes on and the more tape there is of him, the less he is able to do.

But Brock looks the part and is a first class citizen which appears to be the number one requirements for Bob McNair.
Brock Assweiler got a 46.5 rating and threw 3 picks. He over threw several long balls, even with good protection. Looks like a clumsy giraffe when he runs. 5th best defense in the league and we lose at home to a 4-6 team. John Elway must be laughing his arse off now. He won games with the number 1 defense in the NFL. 40 million guaranteed for another mediocre QB. We need a front office that can evaluate talent. Didn't even work him out, just watched game film of Denver and forked over the millions.
Packers offense looked pretty good Monday night. Ought to be another sad story for Texans come Sunday.

Not any QB for either Jets, Bears or Browns! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Do those teams all have ex-Texan QB's?...lol
I not even a Texan fan but it's sad the same shit every year
It's gotta be in the water in HTown! ALL MY TEAMS SUCK!!!!
Didn't even work him out, just watched game film of Denver and forked over the millions. Originally Posted by Oralist
Wait...what..???

The Texans didn't bother flying him in and working him out for a day or two...? Yegads...Houston must be run by the same "brain trust" that ran Hillary's campaign
  • nu2
  • 12-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Packers are 3.5 point favorites over the Texans. Texans defense will have to stop running back James Starks. That will not be easy. After beating the Eagles, the Pack seems to be back on track. In my opinion, I think the Texans have their hands full.
  • nu2
  • 12-01-2016, 04:44 PM
It is supposed to be 28 - 37 degrees in Green Bay with a 70 percent chance of precipitation when the Texans play there. I hope the Texans can get their running game going against Green Bay in that kind of weather.
It is supposed to be 28 - 37 degrees in Green Bay with a 70 percent chance of precipitation when the Texans play there. I hope the Texans can get their running game going against Green Bay in that kind of weather. Originally Posted by nu2
First off the Texans have to learn to play in this kind of weather. The only players on the team I know that has been actually exposed to it are Brock, Vince Wilfork, and Antonio Smith. I don't see them handling it well.

Packers will win and be tied with the Vikings for 2nd place in their division.
  • nu2
  • 12-03-2016, 10:26 AM
The only way I see the Texans winning is to for them to take advantage of quarterback Rodgers sore hamstring. If they can not contain Rodgers in the pocket they will be in a world of hurt.
Packers are 3.5 point favorites over the Texans. Texans defense will have to stop running back James Starks. That will not be easy. After beating the Eagles, the Pack seems to be back on track. In my opinion, I think the Texans have their hands full. Originally Posted by nu2
But this 3.5 point spread, it speaks to how the Packers' have dropped low this year, if they are playing home in December and only spotted the 3.5 over a mediocre team from a weak division!
Who has the Packers -3.5? It's -6.5 damn near everywhere. Vegas still playing with our emotions. They think Brock & Co. can put up an actual fight against that crappy GB pass defense.
So far Texans have looked crappy.
Well GB -6 took care of my losses from Thursday.