NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Its not happening
Its not happening Originally Posted by jstone420
Like Giants beating Dallas was not going to happen!
Just like how the LA Rams have a 3 game win streak against the Seahawks right now...
They'd be a completely different offense with Romo in there instead of the highly mobile Prescott. Also, one good hit and Romo will "break" again. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Good point. But here's something to consider:

If the Dallas WR's don't make the proper adjustments per their pass patterns (ie: breaking off 18-20 yd routes into 8-9 yds) based on the obvious blitz packages that are being shown (ie: Washington, Baltimore, Minnesota and lastly NY Giants all game-planned & executed base & exotic blitzes) it doesn't matter if Dak, Romo or Jerry himself is under center. Numerous times the wide outs (Dez in particular) have left Dak hanging out to dry.

That said, if the Cowboys are going to make a change at QB they should do it now; starting with Tampa Bay this coming Sunday. That gives him 3 games to shake off any "on-the-bench-rust" before the post-season kicks in. Otherwise, this season will end a whole lot sooner than what they're counting on.
Dak has to learn but you know jerry
Just like how the LA Rams have a 3 game win streak against the Seahawks right now... Originally Posted by Fishpie
this true??Does not seem possible but guess you have the facts...
  • nu2
  • 12-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Does anyone think the Titans will beat the Chiefs in Kansas City next week? Chiefs are 6 point favorites. I think that is about right.
I think Titans have a good chance with their ground game and the weather conditions.
Does anyone think the Titans will beat the Chiefs in Kansas City next week? Chiefs are 6 point favorites. I think that is about right. Originally Posted by nu2
Nope.
NFL Playoff Picture If Started Now:

AFC:
1. New England
2. Kansas City
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Oakland
6. Denver

Denver would go to Pittsburgh. The winner would play Kansas City.
Oakland would come to Houston. The winner would play New England.

NFC:
1. Dallas
2. Detroit
3. Seattle
4. Atlanta
5. NY Giants
6. Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay would go to Seattle. The winner would play Detroit.
NY Giants would go to Atlanta. The winner would play Dallas.

This scenario is just if the playoffs started now. Changes will be made within the next three weeks as teams fight for positioning and other teams with similar records fight to get in with needed help.

As I said in another post, the Texans might win the division. They must beat the Bengals and sweep the Titans(the Titans ain't beating the Chiefs in KC) first. They could lose to the Jaguars and it wouldn't matter.

Let's say the Texans do win the division and BEAT Oakland here(laughable). They will get their asses whooped in New England. No way in hell they're beating the Patriots in that Foxboro cold!
The titans don't have enough to beat KC
Keep telling yourself that.
  • nu2
  • 12-15-2016, 03:15 PM
I predict the Chiefs win 19 to 13.
Does anyone think the Titans will beat the Chiefs in Kansas City next week? Chiefs are 6 point favorites. I think that is about right. Originally Posted by nu2
I want KC to win but hell, the Bucs beat them there last month! Topic switch: watching replay of the pathetic Jets on prime time versus Dolphins ( the Jets stellar defense giving up 4 passing TDs to the Tom Brady facsimile, Matt Moore). Thinking it would be entertaining to have a Pathos Bowl, a playoff between the Jets, San Fran, Jax and that high school team from Cleveland! Chime in if I left out other contenders! Pretty sure that the Browns' first win will come when they play the Jets!