NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I can't get this to embed right so I'll just leave the message from Hitler right here.

https://youtu.be/CR2eMDRAf9w
Haaahaaa!!!
I can't get this to embed right so I'll just leave the message from Hitler right here.

https://youtu.be/CR2eMDRAf9w Originally Posted by Quentintime
That was good lol!

• nu2
  • 12-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Who thinks the Titans will win the AFC South division and why?
Before every one gets all excited remember how good Ryan Mallett looked the first game he played and then looked what happened. Savage has thrown 19 passes in the three years he has been here and BoB had shown zero interest in him up to now. Why?. Note also that the team could not punch the ball in from the 6 inch line. There is still a lot wrong with this team and Tom Savage can't fix them all. The next two games will tell the tale. The Titans look like the real deal which could spell doom for the Texans
Who thinks the Titans will win the AFC South division and why? Originally Posted by nu2
They have what it takes to win the division it's a matter if they will. They have the #3 run game in the league. KC has one of the worst run d's in the league. Titans will have to beat us with the passing game which isn't much better than ours. The only thing that the Titans have over the Texans now is the team seems to be more in sync with each other. It's possible for them to lose still but it SHOULD be a hard fought game. Also Jax/Indy plays that same day and it should be an easy win for Indy so there's that as well.
Fishpie, I hope you are correct about it being a close game.

ESPN is saying the Texans have only a 27% chance of winning that game.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400874632

The Titans control their own destiny and it's their division to lose.

Personally I don't see Houston making the playoffs much less winning the AFC South. KC or maybe Miami have the wildcard spot under control.

And to pile on the good news, the Titans got 5 pro bowl selections this year.

RB DeMarco Murray, LB Brian Orakpo, TE Delanie Walker, DL Jurrell Casey and OT Taylor Lewan all got the honor.

The Texans? Looks like the Clown will be our token representative.

Shit, I overlooked that it was a road game. I don't know want to write them off as this is the Savage Era starting. Clean slate.
Who thinks the Titans will win the AFC South division and why? Originally Posted by nu2
Like someone said earlier "running game" and a pretty descent QB who can run.

Now if the defense is descent...DAMN they will be hard to beat.
So Texans ending up with a 5-1 vs Titans 3-3 division record doesn't count for anything at the end if the Titans have a one game better overall record?
A better Overall record trumps a better division record all day every day...

Titans could finish 10-6 and let's say hypothetically 0-6 in the division and Texans could be 9-7 with a 6-0 division record, the Titans still win the division
I figured that but thought the division record would count for more than it does.

If the Texans can keep the pass interference penalties down and the defense plays like it can and some of the injured DB's get on the field I think they will move the ball better with Savage and can win out the regular season.

Lot's of "if's"

Oh...BoB doesn't call up some bonehead plays
I figured that but thought the division record would count for more than it does. Originally Posted by Quentintime
Only if they finish with the same exact overall record and they each won a game vs each other.

In other news...

Clowney is the only Texan to make it to the Pro Bowl this year
Overall record matters, division is for tie breaker and play off seeding.