NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Originally Posted by O'Mike
Haaahaaaaaaa!!!
Set your calendars for the 3rd weekend of January. Cowboys Nation in The Mertroplex is going to compete with the Hilary campaign for expected unexpected heartbreak.
My G men choked last night. Losing to Carson Wentz is synonymous to another team losing to Tom Savage - it ain't suppose to happen!
My G men choked last night. Losing to Carson Wentz is synonymous to another team losing to Tom Savage - it ain't suppose to happen! Originally Posted by Solemate62
And that loss helped the Cowboys clinch homefield throughout the playoffs.

So it the playoffs started now it'll look like this....

AFC:
1. New England
2. Oakland
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Kansas City
6. Miami

NFC:
1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Atlanta
4. Detroit
5. NY Giants
6. Green Bay
If Oakland and Dallas end up in the Super Bowl the game will feature two QBs the Texans passed on
And that loss helped the Cowboys clinch homefield throughout the playoffs.

So it the playoffs started now it'll look like this....

AFC:
1. New England
2. Oakland
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Kansas City
6. Miami

NFC:
1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Atlanta
4. Detroit
5. NY Giants
6. Green Bay Originally Posted by kerwil62

For the nfc I'll give it to Seattle. Just because the have been here before.

Arc is still too early, Pitts, Miami, and Chiefs will get eliminated. Raiders and pats are obvious favorites but I'll give it to Raiders for now. Houston is simply too much of a wildcard to predict how they will fare in playoffs.
For the nfc I'll give it to Seattle. Just because the have been here before.

So the playoff inexperience will eventually come out of Dak and Zeke(more Dak than Zeke) if Seattle play them in the NFC Championship game. In Dallas. That's possible

AFC is still too early,

Yep. Patriots hadn't clinched home field throughout yet. They win tomorrow and they do.

Pitts, Miami, and Chiefs will get eliminated.

Eventually. The 3rd Seed won't be decided until after Pitt plays Baltimore. Whoever wins that game will be 3rd Seed and the loser's out of the playoffs. Miami, they might surprise the 3rd Seed so that could go either way. The Chiefs, if they go to New England they're done. Same scenario as las year.

Raiders and pats are obvious favorites but I'll give it to Raiders for now.

"For now" being the operative phrase here. If the AFC Championship game is in Foxboro, Raiders ain't winning up there. They're not a cold weather team. That Patriots will once again be bringing their asses back to Houston.

Houston is simply too much of a wildcard to predict how they will fare in playoffs.

Agreed. Houston must concentrate on winning the division first. Tennessee is on dat ass!! Originally Posted by dkalis
My thoughts in blue.....
When it comes to NFL coaches getting canned, gotta wonder how Bowles of the Jets and Zimmer of the Vikings....wonder why they still have a job the way their respective teams are constantly embarssed during prime time games!
In case you haven't seen/heard, Jax played Secret Santa for the Texans this year.
In case you haven't seen/heard, Jax played Secret Santa for the Texans this year. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Heard but sooner, rather than later, they have to take care of their own business...not look to others!
When it comes to NFL coaches getting canned, gotta wonder how Bowles of the Jets and Zimmer of the Vikings....wonder why they still have a job the way their respective teams are constantly embarssed during prime time games! Originally Posted by Solemate62
will update this list to include the clown who is coach of the Chargers.....the team that today, was the first to lose to Cleveland Browns H.S.
Oakland don't have a chance without car
In case you haven't seen/heard, Jax played Secret Santa for the Texans this year. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Pretty much. Fractured Mariota's ankle while doing it. All the Texans have to do is win tonight and they got the division.

will update this list to include the clown who is coach of the Chargers.....the team that today, was the first to lose to Cleveland Browns H.S. Originally Posted by Solemate62
Well somebody had to lose to them to make them feel good, even though RG3 goes out with a concussion.

Oakland don't have a chance without Carr Originally Posted by jstone420
Yeah that was fucked up what happened to him. Broken leg. Even though their defense is still on point, they'd be lucky to get past their first game. Shit just got bad for Oakland.

And the muthafucking Seahawks gave up the #2 Seed to the Falcons by letting the Cardinals beat them at home. Their kicker needs to go now!