YummyMarie: a place for her random ideas, thoughts, and musings

May 29, 2013

5. What words would you love to have whispered in your ear?

6. How do you react when people sing "Happy Birthday," to you in a restaurant?

5. I love and miss you when you are away.....
6. Awww shit now every one knows I am a year older....
May 29, 2013

3. What wedding did you object to or want to object to?

4. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness, but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so? If not, why not? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
3. Audrey Hepburn. Damn, that chick was hot.

4. Nope. As others have stated, without the memories, you've just wasted a year of your life.

May 29, 2013

4B. Which is more important: actual experiences, or the memories that remain when the experiences are over? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
4B. The memories. Memories are the end product of our experiences, so without that, experiences are worthless.

Happiness researchers will tell you memories are important to your happiness. Under your question, you lose 1 year of memories. You need both the experience and the memory. Each means nothing without the other. Your experiences and memories make up who you are. Originally Posted by Uncle Han
I listened to a very interesting talk on TEDTalks about memory last night. It talks about how the peak experience and the ending experience most significantly impacts the type of memory we're left with. For example, if you listen to a great symphony and are having an amazing time throughout the majority of the performance, but then it ends with a horrible ending, you'll more likely be left with a memory of it being a poor experience even though you enjoyed it throughout the majority of the time.

Would any of you pay for a memory implant such as is done in the movie "Total Recall," with Arnold Schwarteneiger? Given that memory is good of course... Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Hell yeah!

May 29, 2013

6. How do you react when people sing "Happy Birthday," to you in a restaurant? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
5. "Suck me, beautiful." Oh wait...

6. Usually embarrassed. I don't like having attention drawn to me in public, heh.
Nice to see a new face chiming in around here. Welcome RedLeg505! Won't you stick around for a bit? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Thank you. I intend to. I've found your musings quite interesting.

As for the new question:

3. Olivia Newton John. I had a MAJOR league crush/infatuation with her in my 20's

4. Without the memories, how would I know I had the experience? Memories are key. And like total recall, if the memory was there and vivid and indistinguishable from "real" memories, how would I know I didn't vacation on Mars?
Ok now I have caught up on the thread, here are the questions for you playing along at home.

May 29, 2013

1. How often have you fallen in love?
2. Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend the night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?
4. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness, but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so? If not, why not?
4B. Which is more important: actual experiences, or the memories that remain when the experiences are over?

1. Hard question. I have thought I was in love several times before, but the current love I have is so awesome and amazing that I now doubt that I ever loved anyone before. I think there are a few stages/types of love and it just changes as you grow and experience leads you to understand what it means.

2. Yes! And NO!!! No House on Haunted Hill for me. I love horror films and the scariest to me are supernatural/haunted house ones. Eek.

3. Of people I know personally? I can't think of many...most have their reasons and I respect their feelings on their soon to be spouse.

4/4b. This depends if it's a 'free' year of time and didn't take away from normal time. If so, yes, sometimes I like to live for the moment. I think sometimes the memories are worse for me, because I am remember having fun at the time, but then I always paint the event afterwards as having done things I regretted and I hyper-analyze and criticize myself over it.

5. Just one thing? I have no idea. Depends on person and time. I like Tucon's answer though! That's sweet!

6. Depends on how drunk I am.
Would any of you pay for a memory implant such as is done in the movie "Total Recall," with Arnold Schwarteneiger? Given that memory is good of course... Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Oh hell no ... no one is jamming a tennis ball up my fucking nose.
Another message from our sponsors...

1. Hard question. I have thought I was in love several times before, but the current love I have is so awesome and amazing that I now doubt that I ever loved anyone before. I think there are a few stages/types of love and it just changes as you grow and experience leads you to understand what it means. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess

5. Just one thing? I have no idea. Depends on person and time. I like Tucon's answer though! That's sweet! Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Here's an alternative answer:

May 29, 2013
4. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness, but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so? If not, why not?
4B. Which is more important: actual experiences, or the memories that remain when the experiences are over?

3. First wedding that came to mind was when Macauly Culkin married at 17. Generally, marriages that are rushed or shotgun weddings give me pause. Though I am aware that not all situations like this will end badly.

4...No, the memories are too important to me. I choose them over the actual experience. I don't think I would do a memory implant unless it was a memory enhancer in which I can fully remember past bliss vividly

5. "I love you more now than I ever have."

6. I enjoy the attention, but I just sit there and smile
May 30, 2013

1. In love, is intensity or permanence more important to you? How much do you expect from someone who loves you?

2. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?
May 30, 2013

1. In love, is intensity or permanence more important to you? How much do you expect from someone who loves you?

2. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
1. Permanence. Love is like a fire. Too much and you're too hot and uncomfortable, then the fire burns out and you are cold. Permanence, you are always warm and cozy.

From those I love I always expect respect and caring/considerateness.

2. Invisibility.
May 30, 2013

2. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be? Originally Posted by YummyMarie
1. Permanence. Not to devalue intensity, but I need to know that she's going to be there in the morning

2. super ability? healing factor!
regular ol' thing? I'd want to be better at distinguishing liars from everyone else
May 30, 2013

1. I agree with permanence, though I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to intensity and passion. Trust, stability, comfort, loyalty...all the wonderful byproducts of permanence...and unconditional love.

2. I would wake up with the ability to follow through on things I begin...damn ADD! So many ideas, so little focus...
So many ideas, so little focus... Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Tell us your last 2 good ideas.
May 30, 2013

2. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?

1. Permanence and to know the love was reciprocal.

2. Youth- I didn't realize it's value at the time.