NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I would not trade up, with 3rd round I take O lineman, Cornerback, tight end
  • nu2
  • 04-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Texans sign quarterback Joe Webb.

Clip of him playing Q.B.:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...r-11-yard-gain

He is a jack of all trades.:

https://m.chron.com/sports/texans/ar...m-85307-tbla-7
Although the Texans averaged 35 points with Watson playing they were also 3-3. Need a better defense Originally Posted by BigLouie
Wasn't Watt and Mercilus out by then?
Season starts back up. Thoughts on Texans?

In my FF football league I drafted Lamar Miller. He was one of the last starting nonRBBCs available. Is the O-Line better than last year? God I hope so.
Good luck with Miller (on your FF team); I didn't have him on my target list what-so-ever…...that said, by the time Miller's ADP came up in our draft I was already stacked on starting RB's and looking / finding value in WR's.

My first game is vs a dude who drafted early and took Le'Veon Bell. He cannot be happy considering LB's still absent from practice (or does he show up today??)
In my league, the guy who drafted Bell drafted Conner. I had Bell last year. In FA bidding the battle will be for McKinnon's backup who is now the starter.
Interesting. I'd have never considered handcuffing James Conner with the Bell pick (unless he grabbed him in the 15th - 16th round(s). I was strewing through the PK scraps at that point myself.

Anyways looks like a good move on his part. Smart move.
Stupid Texans with a racist owner and racist franchise player in JJ watt.
  • Satin
  • 09-07-2018, 03:45 PM
What’s up fellas?! I can’t believe this thread is still up after 7 years! That’s crazy!!! Where is everyone?

I’m very optimistic about the Texans this year. If they can stay healthy, they have a chance to have the top defense again and reclaim the AFC South crown. Obviously the key is Deshaun Watson. Dude is one sick man. He could have won MVP last year if he would not stayed healthy. He ran through the NFL like they were little league players. lol

Now obviously DC’s have game film on him now, so it’s gonna be much harder and he’s gonna have to step it up (and stop running so damn much)! Hopkins is a top rated receiver and works well with Fuller. I’m not big on Miller, but if we can get Foreman back, we will be fine.

I want to see what JJ, Reader, Mercilus, Honey Badger and The Clown can do together. Moving Jackson to safety was great and we have RAC back as our DC.

The game I’m waiting on is October 7th when we play the Cowgirls on Sunday night. I can’t wait and will talk so much shit! Lol

So what do you think fellas? Are you boys ready for some football?!
Are you guys sure the ghost of Kubiak isn't calling the plays this game?
I fucking hate Bill O'Brien. He sucks donkey cock. He is making me hate football. I hope he burns in hell.
  1. Bill O'Brien - Sucked
  2. Deshaun Watson - Sucked, but he's still a Rookie in my book.
  3. Kevin Johnson - Sucked and got knocked the fuck out!
Other than that, good game. Tyrann Mathieu was awesome and schooled Johnson on the sideline. We should have signed Bouye..years ago.
  1. ....
  2. Deshaun Watson - Sucked, but he's still a Rookie in my book.
  3. ....
Originally Posted by DarthMaul

It may take some games before Watson hits his mid season form.
In other news, the top fantasy player the week was Texan ex Ryan Fitzpatrick. He looked all world with 3 top quality WRs and a good TE and time to throw. Texan ex Case Keenum had a good game also except for 3 ints.

The Texans better win substantially at the Titans next Sunday if they are going to be contenders. We don't have Rick Smith to kick around anymore.
What’s up fellas?! I can’t believe this thread is still up after 7 years! That’s crazy!!! Where is everyone?

I’m very optimistic about the Texans this year. If they can stay healthy, they have a chance to have the top defense again and reclaim the AFC South crown. Obviously the key is Deshaun Watson. Dude is one sick man. He could have won MVP last year if he would not stayed healthy. He ran through the NFL like they were little league players. lol

Now obviously DC’s have game film on him now, so it’s gonna be much harder and he’s gonna have to step it up (and stop running so damn much)! Hopkins is a top rated receiver and works well with Fuller. I’m not big on Miller, but if we can get Foreman back, we will be fine.

I want to see what JJ, Reader, Mercilus, Honey Badger and The Clown can do together. Moving Jackson to safety was great and we have RAC back as our DC.

The game I’m waiting on is October 7th when we play the Cowgirls on Sunday night. I can’t wait and will talk so much shit! Lol

So what do you think fellas? Are you boys ready for some football?! Originally Posted by Satin
yea 7 years my man and the Texans have not made any progress sad to say
What really hurts is that the Texans could have taken Mack first.