NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

It’s now official Clowney has been traded for tunsel. The Texans also gave up a 2020 first round pick.
It’s now official Clowney has been traded for tunsel. The Texans also gave up a 2020 first round pick. Originally Posted by Yabadabbado

Source?
Source? Originally Posted by boardman
Barney rubble
I liked BO'B when he first got here. I like his coach bluster and supposed toughness. That has worn off and now I'm not sure he could coach his way out of a paper bag. I can't remember a game where he out coached somebody!!! I'm not sure if it ever happened.

They need to eat some crow have the Clown come in and reek some havoc on Defense for them. Hope they haven't totally screwed the pooch but it appears they may have!!!

To offer the Clown and first round pick for Tunsil is ridiculous. Originally Posted by Daddio
Agree on all counts.

The one thing BoB has done very well is coaching the team to a win when they've had a halftime lead. Something like 30-1. Other than that he's been pretty bad.
CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed that the Texans have finalized a multi-player trade with the Seahawks that will send Clowney to Seattle. In exchange for Clowney, the Seahawks will be sending Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin and a 2020 third-round draft pick to Houston, according to MMQB.com.

Mingo is a Edge Rusher with 5 sacks over the last 5 years and played for 4 different teams. Pass.
Over on Kirby Cal & BoB be like....

Any reports that the 3rd round pick is conditional on the Clown re signing with the Seahawks??

Bob or Cal could’ve gotten a bag of used jock straps also to double the value of what the Texans get!!!! Jerry Jones looks like a genius compared to BO’B and McNuttless jr.
Texans fleeced and management are a bunch of clowns. Texan fans deserve better. BTW, FlyEaglesFly.
Texans actually got Laremy Tunsil from Miami....
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...l-kenny-stills
What a clusterfuck trade. Mingo was about to be cut. Martin was a 6th round pick last year. He did have three sacks.
The Texans basically gave Clowney away.
So just in the last 6 Months the Texans have used 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks to get a left tackle. 2 to Miami for Tunsil, 1 on T Howard, 1 2nd round to Miami, and another on Scharping.

Pathetic.
Texans gave away Clowney for basically nothing. And then two first and a second for an OT. Team is now officially crippled. They will not be able to replace Clowney and will not be able to rebuild with no first and second again
Can you still trade for cash in the NFL?
Cause I'm STILL trying to figure out why they sitting on that 37mil?
Guess they plan on using free agency in lieu of the draft for the foreseeable future
Gave away clown man to free up cap space. Now we have help for Watson and Stills who would work out well considering KeKe and Fuller are made of glass. Our D will be fine. How they were fine when Clowny went out and he stepped up when JJ and Merce went out. We got some young guys who I think are gonna be good. All that being said I don't feel like we are gonna have a good year. Hope I am wrong. Lol
NFL will die out. No one wants to play football at the high school level anymore because it's financially costly, too many concussions which means brain damage years later, short player lifespan in the NFL because of injuries, and the popularity of the NBA (a world wide sport played by everyone). The learning curve for playing basketball is easier than other sports. Don't need super real talent to dribble a ball at the end of the court and shoot a point.