NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Hell, Yes... I'm Ready to See Texans and Saints..! Lol
The Texans are trying to be Patriots South, attempting to get the Pats GM previously but failing miserably. But they lack the leadership or balls and especially lack the smarts to bring in AB. AB would have made the Texan leadership his bitches. Everybody knows not to fuck with Belecek or Brady. But BO’B and McNuttless jr would have made the AB circus comical. Well said Boardman. Originally Posted by Daddio
Only in America: Colin Kapernick gets blacklisted by the entire NFL establishment for adhering to his cause. A total piece of of self serving shit, Brown, ends up earning a good salary with the Patriots!
Kapernick was blacklisted.....but so should every other player that took a knee after him.

Shit, I see 8-8. If they make the first round in the playoffs it'll be a wrap.

Oh. and the Saints are gonna beat dat ass tonight!

Shit, I see 8-8. If they make the first round in the playoffs it'll be a wrap.

Oh. and the Saints are gonna beat dat ass tonight! Originally Posted by kerwil62

Ker,

That's last year's schedule my man.
But yeah. I don't see good things. This year's schedule is supposed to be even harder. Like 4th toughest in the league. That's based on last years W-L record so it could change.

Based on early results the division looks even more wide open than I thought.

QB play was pretty good. Mariota didn't have the best stat line but he made big plays. Brissett managed the game while Indy gained over 200yds on the ground. Some dude named Gardner came in to relieve Nick Foles when he got injured and went 22/25 for 275, 2TDs and an INT. The Chiefs looked like they were in midseason form. The Jags made some stupid mistakes or they may have played closer than the two score differential indicated they were capable of.

The Jags play the Colts and the Texans play the Titans the last game of the season. One, maybe both, of those games will decide the division and who goes home for the year. I doubt a wild card comes out of this division.
The jags backup QB was the Washington State QB that played for Mike Leach last year, Gardner Minshew. Fear the Stache guy. He looked good and was very good in college.
I have never seen a coaching staff this FUCKING STUPID!!!!!! What the mother fuck was that prevent defense when the saints needed about 7 or 8 yards to get into field goal range??? We had 3 DB’s defending nobody near the 10 yard line. Stupid, just unbelievably fucking stupid!!!!!!!

Fuck you BO’B, fuck you McNuttless, and a special shout out fuck you to Romeo Romeo fuck yourself in the ass Romeo!!!!!!
+1^^^^
I have never seen a coaching staff this FUCKING STUPID!!!!!! What the mother fuck was that prevent defense when the saints needed about 7 or 8 yards to get into field goal range??? We had 3 DB’s defending nobody near the 10 yard line. Stupid, just unbelievably fucking stupid!!!!!!!

Fuck you BO’B, fuck you McNuttless, and a special shout out fuck you to Romeo Romeo fuck yourself in the ass Romeo!!!!!! Originally Posted by Daddio

Sooo true
Houston is to blame for this clusterfuck. Our obsession with watching football and or paying exorbitant prices to view it personally are fueling an indifference by the ownership. It’s a cash cow, sold out games and a sold out parking lot for tailgating. It’s a huge cash cow without any reasonable expectations. They are going to come out anyway. All we had to do was surrender a pick and move up to get a left tackle but instead surrendered two first round picks for a guy who allows 2 sacks. Won’t hand a guy like Jadeveon Clowney a 100 million dollar contract because he’s injury prone but have no problem with the fact watt made major money for two years injured. The onus is on the fans to start canceling season tickets and making ownership actually care but that won’t happen. These folks lose a game and are still accepted around town with free drinks and food. Let a defense lose a game with 43 seconds left and see if you see them out about in New York like it ain’t shit. Acceptance of mediocrity which kind of reminds me of what a lot of us do here on eccie so we should be used to it
Who ever is the DC needs to be fired
Ker,

That's last year's schedule my man.
But yeah. I don't see good things. This year's schedule is supposed to be even harder. Like 4th toughest in the league. That's based on last years W-L record so it could change.

Based on early results the division looks even more wide open than I thought.

QB play was pretty good. Mariota didn't have the best stat line but he made big plays. Brissett managed the game while Indy gained over 200yds on the ground. Some dude named Gardner came in to relieve Nick Foles when he got injured and went 22/25 for 275, 2TDs and an INT. The Chiefs looked like they were in midseason form. The Jags made some stupid mistakes or they may have played closer than the two score differential indicated they were capable of.

The Jags play the Colts and the Texans play the Titans the last game of the season. One, maybe both, of those games will decide the division and who goes home for the year. I doubt a wild card comes out of this division. Originally Posted by boardman
Goddamn how the fuck I didn't see that? SMMFH.....

Thanks BM!
That game was way better than I anticipated. I just KNEW the Texans were gonna get clobbered!

Unfortunately like everyone said, the defense gave this game away.
That game was way better than I anticipated. I just KNEW the Texans were gonna get clobbered!

Unfortunately like everyone said, the defense gave this game away. Originally Posted by kerwil62

The offense was better than I expected. Watson made plays and so did the RB's.
That 18 play drive toward the end of the half was about as good as you can hope for. The Saints were gassed and Watson looked like he had the offense under control.

Tunsil threw a couple of horrible lookout blocks. One time he had to make a choice between two pass rushers and he didn't block either. The other time the guy just got around him. It looked like he was confused there too. Hopefully it's just a matter of understanding the system and blocking assignments better by both Tunsil and the backs. For instance, when he faces two guys he has to pick up the inside guy and leave the outside guy to the back or vice versa. What he can't do is turn around and yell "lookout!"

Nuk put it on the line. Fuller and Stills made some good catches. Other than six sacks they played well enough to win and Watson was ice on that last drive.

The defense was disappointing in the second half. The Saints adjusted at halftime and the Texans didn't respond. Watt was on an island and faced a double team all night. Even then he was able to get in the passing lane a couple of times in the first half and make Brees pull the ball down but he can't do it alone. Clowney's absence was apparent. Brees was getting rid of the ball quick though in the second half. The secondary looked out of place too many times and Brees looked like he knew where he was going before the ball was even snapped. This shit of lining up 10 yards off the receivers and running some kind of blitz makes is what Brees lives for. They've got to be more aggressive on coverages and get pressure from up front. You can run all the exotic blitzes in the world but if the QB sees it coming and sees the DB's in some kind of zone he'll pick them apart underneath. That last drive isn't even worth mentioning. I have no idea what Romeo was thinking.
Don't look for Watt to have much of a year. Without Clowney to apply pressure teams can focus on Watt. This game was a good example, Watt had zero tackles and no pressures. All because they didn't want to pay Clowney. But now they paid Martin to be the second highest paid center in the league. The guy can't stay healthy and the O line is bad but he gets paid.