NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Clowney had at least three penalties. At least JJ hustles.
What was JJ Watt's stat line? What was Clowney's stat line? When your best defensive player is shutout, you're not to win the game. Originally Posted by SLAMMAN
When the other team scores 51 unanswered points, except 7 when it was too little too late - you’re not going to win the game!
When you play with 10 players on defense - you're not going to win.
Once again, as predicted, these muthafuckas fail to get past the divisional round. They got "Buffalo'd".(0-4 now)

To me the biggest surprise is seeing the Titans go to Baltimore and beat them the way they did. And even though Lamar Jackson got some good runs in, he also threw two costly interceptions. Ravens had no answer for the Titans.

Chiefs better look out! If they cant stop Derrick Henry, Titans will be in the Super Bowl!

At least my predictions on the NFC were on point from the divisional round. Packers @ 49er's
Agree with Kerwill, Titans are a tough team to beat and remind me of the Giants back when they slipped into the playoffs with a 7-9 record and went on the road as the wildcard beat GB on their turf and beat SF out there and won it all killing off the Pats dream 18-0 year! Titans are the real deal!
When you play with 10 players on defense - you're not going to win. Originally Posted by SLAMMAN
Meaning? Because Watt was not up to speed after missing so much time?
Once again, as predicted, these muthafuckas fail to get past the divisional round. They got "Buffalo'd".(0-4 now)

To me the biggest surprise is seeing the Titans go to Baltimore and beat them the way they did. And even though Lamar Jackson got some good runs in, he also threw two costly interceptions. Ravens had no answer for the Titans.

Chiefs better look out! If they cant stop Derrick Henry, Titans will be in the Super Bowl!

At least my predictions on the NFC were on point from the divisional round. Packers @ 49er's Originally Posted by kerwil62

The Ravens played an incredibly sloppy game. I don't expect the Chiefs to make those same mistakes and hand the game to the Titans.

The Chiefs should do everything they can to stop Henry and make Tannehill beat them.
I would take a one legged, blind, no arms JJ Watt over the Fucking Dipshit Clown any day of the week.
I would take a one legged, blind, no arms JJ Watt over the Fucking Dipshit Clown any day of the week. Originally Posted by Daddio

Yeah, but we should have still had both. Clowney was a good run stopper/edge setter in this defense. He had to be accounted for. Not saying he would have made THE difference in the playoff blowout but he would have made A difference.

The fuckups on Fannin have apparently decided they don't need a GM for 2020.
https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...r-14971736.php
What in the fuck are they thinking?
They overpaid for Tunsil, got fucked on the Clowney deal and they think they're doing a good job.
They're going to try to sign Watson to a long term deal in the off season. I wonder if they're going to antagonize him right out of Houston just like they did Clowney.

Tebow! Why did it have to be the Astros that got caught? At least they had a good thing going.
Someone plant some spy cameras on BoB Please!
I agree, the Clowney trade was not needed and flat out stupid by BO'B. I also agree BO'B got bent over for Tunsil.

I think they are waiting for the Nick Caserio guy's contract to expire in May and then bring him on board. Lord I hope so before BO'B totally fucks it up more.
Meaning? Because Watt was not up to speed after missing so much time? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Against Chiefs’ quarterback Patrick Mahomes, however, Watt’s impact was almost non-existent as he finished with zero sacks, zero tackles and did not really threaten to bring down Mahomes at any point in the game.

There were multiple possessions where Watt looked gassed on the field, and he seemed to be slower than the Chiefs players on many plays.

From Texanswire.com: Meaning if you're hurting your team and costing them the game by playing a man down, pull yourself out. You're not a hero coming back a month early, you're just JJ the Hot Dog!!!
I would take a one legged, blind, no arms JJ Watt over the Fucking Dipshit Clown any day of the week. Originally Posted by Daddio
And that is why JJ Watt will never play in a Super Bowl, let alone an AFC Championship.
Watt was the only guy that hurried Mahomes at all. JJ always looks gassed. He must be sucking wind so hard to try to recover to play just as hard on the next play also. He has always done that, it's not a new thing.
When Watt's the only lineman or LB they have to worry about it's easy to block him with double teams on every down. Hell yeah he was gassed.
Watt was the only guy that hurried Mahomes at all. JJ always looks gassed. He must be sucking wind so hard to try to recover to play just as hard on the next play also. He has always done that, it's not a new thing. Originally Posted by Daddio
Tons of great and very great players past and present who will never get to the main rodeo! Concur with a Daddio comment above about Clowney. He and whining Pete Carroll are a match!