NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Watt has a good chance for a championship this year.
Watt has a good chance for a championship this year. Originally Posted by SLAMMAN

Yes TJ does.................
Watt has a good chance for a championship this year. Originally Posted by SLAMMAN
Who is he playing for? LOL
Who is he playing for? LOL Originally Posted by 4PawgLovers
Pittsburgh! I read dominant defensive player. The only Watt going to the Pro Bowl is TJ?
Anybody notice with all the backup QBs getting playing time no one in the media is talking about kaepernick???

Finally!!

Happy Veterans day to all who love America.

Good point. The reality is Kap doesn't want back into the NFL. He had opps and made the least of them. The bigger reality is there's probably a handful of TV and other media producers (along with Nike) who've forced his story across all the networks whenever there was a slow news day. Since they've got to fill air time, they go with it. Strange in that we RARELY heard from Kap himself.

Also, last year's messiah Lamar Jackson isn't having the MVP season that he had last year. There's an old baseball saying: "The hitters adjust." The media again isn't telling the whole story.

Russell Wilson, until last game was having an MVP season. Forgot who he was playing against but a few weeks ago he threw for a couple hundred yards in a driving rainstorm.

BTW, there are not just backups getting playing time but undrafted or low drafted QBs starting.
The Texans SUCK and have since the beginning.

That is all.
It’s rumored that Cal McNuttless Jr is considering elevating Romeo Crennell to full time head coach. If this happens, well fuck it, I will come out with the new nickname of Cal Deluxe McNuttless Jr today!!! This owner fucking sucks worse than his daddy did. I would trade Him for Jerry Jones for Deluxe McNuttless any day.

In case you didn’t hear, Romeo said we are not trading for peanuts, maybe for Deluxe nuts. That’s why we didn’t trade Fuller or anybody else.

Totally stupid fucking organization from the top down!!!!! Suck on my Deluxe Nutts!!!
The next move Deluxe McNuttless needs to make is find a GM that can draft. Year after year the aTexans draft has been flat out awful.

2017 the year we traded up to draft DeShaun Watson was one of the better draft series but it could have been awesome.

12. D Watson
57. Zach Cunningham (decent player)
67. Alvin Kamara (Game Changer)
89. D’Onta Foreman(Whiff)
96. Kenny Golladay (Better than any reciever we currently have, imagine Golladay and D Hop together.
130. Julien Davenport(Whiff)
142. Carlos Watkins(SMH)
146. George Kittle
169. Tresten Decoud
182. Aaron Jones

This draft except for Watson makes me want to puke!!!!
2016 draft

21. Will Fuller (Bust until the last 2 years)
45. Derrick Henry
47. Michael Thomas
50. Nick Martin
52. Deion Jones Atlanta pro bowl LB
85. Braxton Miller(WTF Rick Smith)
119. Tyler Ervin(Jeez)
135 . Dak Prescott
159. KJ Dillon(Who?)
165. Tyreek Hill
2019 draft

23. Titus Howard
51. AJ Brown
54. Lonnie Johnson
55. Max Scharping
64. DK Metcalf

All,of these picks were misses. I realize hindsight is 2020 but the Texans suck at drafting.
It’s rumored that Cal McNuttless Jr is considering elevating Romeo Crennell to full time head coach. If this happens, well fuck it, I will come out with the new nickname of Cal Deluxe McNuttless Jr today!!! This owner fucking sucks worse than his daddy did. I would trade Him for Jerry Jones for Deluxe McNuttless any day.

In case you didn’t hear, Romeo said we are not trading for peanuts, maybe for Deluxe nuts. That’s why we didn’t trade Fuller or anybody else.

Totally stupid fucking organization from the top down!!!!! Suck on my Deluxe Nutts!!! Originally Posted by Daddio
I saw the same thing on the NFL.com homepage. Figured, it's Cal's way motivate the players to play for him and Romeo. The fanbase is not just in an uproar, expect long term financial consequences. Since Cal and BoB have decimated our draft picks, tanking this year does little good.

2019 draft

23. Titus Howard
51. AJ Brown
54. Lonnie Johnson
55. Max Scharping
64. DK Metcalf

All,of these picks were misses. I realize hindsight is 2020 but the Texans suck at drafting.

I think it was BL who did an analysis of the Texans drafts via Rick Smith to find that outside of the no 1 picks, they've done a horrendous job. Most of their FA pickups are busts too.
The Texans could very easily have skill players named,

RB - Kamara, Henry, Aaron Jones
WR - Golladay, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill
TE - George Kittle

But no, we have or have had Lonnie Johnson, Max Scharping, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin etc. Anybody else want to puke with me? The problem starts at the top, Dumbass owner, Dumbass owner's son, Dumbass hires at GM and Coach, and here we are the laughing stock of the NFL.
All the talk has been that the Texans will look for GM and coach who can work with Easterby which is BS. They should hire best they can fine and if they want to keep him around then fine, if they want to get rid of Easterby then they should get rid of him. Afraid they will settle for less than the best simply because they will accept Easterby

And what is this total BS that will interview the offense and defense coaches. Cal has no clue about both and would not be able to tell if what either is saying is BS or good plans
They can't be traded for value, they can't be released because of salary cap issues, they can't be let go because of "community involvement", they can't be waived to get a better younger player and/or other reasons?

I can't think of one. Maybe Watson. Watt could easily be traded for value. Mercilus?