Ban-a-palooza 2015! (someone had to do it)

AGREED Originally Posted by H.Hardhat
Been there done that
That shit doesn't work as easy with the new background color scheme...you need to try harder...
I do know that TravelingGent is indeed a man, once not too far back a noob.
He is no mandle.
And as far as any of my other protestations go, I can not confirm nor deny the things that of which I do not know.
You are right.
And I do suppose..... I should not be staking my professional reputation, as puny as it is on ECCIE (there are OTHER websites, thankGod, in which I am stellar) but I shouldn't stake my reputation on another hooker/johns line stepping.
You are right.
Thankyou for illuminating me.
I can not say what was done without my knowledge.

And no, the mods shouldn't give away all the tactics & mechanisms they use...
I never said that. However, transparency would be nice.... but the waters are very murky around here..... (sigh) And as far as expecting anyone to be "nice" around here is laughable at best.
I digress.
but the waters are very murky around here..... (sigh) Originally Posted by FoxyNC
Then why the headlong jump into those murky waters?
Transparency about what Foxy? Ask a specific question unrelated to another member's infraction and, as always, I'll be happy to provide as much transparency as I'm able to.

The goal is not to set up a "gotcha" scenario whereby members are caught unawares that they are even violating a guideline. Sometimes the guidelines are vague or err on the side of concision rather than covering all edge cases. In those instances staff, and myself in particular, are always here to educate and provide clarity and transparency.
Ok, for the sake of argument....

Let us say, that a client uses a providers wifi to check his Eccie.... will he then be banned for the same ISP being the same?
Will he then be banned for having more than one account?
I have heard of this being done before and NOT being punished.
Yet, from my understanding, this is what happened.
Ok, for the sake of argument....

Let us say, that a client uses a providers wifi to check his Eccie.... will he then be banned for the same ISP being the same?
Will he then be banned for having more than one account?
I have heard of this being done before and NOT being punished.
Yet, from my understanding, this is what happened. Originally Posted by FoxyNC
No, ECCIE does not ban over ISP matches.

No, ISP matches is not proof of multiple accounts.

Correct, because it is not proof of a violation.

Your "understanding" is incorrect.
Another peek into the clubhouse? Again, thanks Spice. It's comforting to get some answers with all the guessing and speculations. Fancy is well known, well loved and respected by most here. Seeing her BANNED was a shock to a lot of us. And now this, you can imagine our curiosity and concern. But I've exchanged emails with her and I'm sure she wouldn't want anyone risking their reputation, membership or anything like that in this case. Public outcry had brought this case in the forefront, and we have to trust our staff to handle this in a fair and just manner. These guys volunteer to help run the site smoothly, they are NOT the police, but sometimes have to act as such. They are given the facts, we are not. Let them do what they do and wait to see what happens. Maybe someone will come back to tell their side of the story, until then... keep guessing.
try harder... Originally Posted by Wakeup
I'm still tweaking out the color matrix to match the background, be patient.
The waters run deep, there is more than what has been floated on the surface for all to see.
True that^^
Clues presented, it must be more than simple IP addresses matching. Online interactions? More guessing obviously but as the clues leak out, it eliminates certain possibilities.

Those possibilities were only present in your mind.
  • WTF
  • 09-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Lion gotta eat, if Fancy didn't like what was being eaten...she putting herself in proximity to the Lion's jaws.....Can't really cry about that.

Cecil, is that you?
  • WTF
  • 09-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Cecil, is that you? Originally Posted by dearhunter
i don't need my teeth cleaned Doc!
Cecil, is that you? Originally Posted by dearhunter
Great, just what we don't need right now. ANOTHER Cat!!

Someone say Lion?
Some lions are idiots...
Some idiots are lions. Originally Posted by boardman
Is that kinda like,
some rectangles are squares?